Swearing and foul language feedback

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Mascara^Snake, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captured Pirate

Captured Pirate Long term member

Mechanic
    Local Time:
    2:57 AM
    My sincerest apologies to @Mascara^Snake, I truly didn't intend to ruin your thread. :(

2. ChasteandPlay

ChasteandPlay Active member

Local Time:
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to throw in my two cents here and hope you'll all give it some consideration.

For the men here with an interest in chastity:

As men we certainly enjoy cussing more than the ladies do (generally speaking of course) but they tend not to like it. Being that the case I think it's only proper as gentlemen, and to some degree or another as submissive gentlemen, to keep it down on the cussing unless it's called for. It may be called for it a bit of a literotica but not much else. If you're upset take some time to calm down and figure out what you wish to say instead of cussing. It will impress the ladies and show your smarts while demanding respect from the other gents. For those of us here wanting to be (again) submissive to some degree or another, let's give this provision for the ladies as it's not a very hard one. After all we can write and then delete things, not like in real conversation where once it's slipped out it's out and that's all there is to it. We can reserve our cussing for the garage and stubbing our toes hmm?

As a man I certainly enjoy being a pirate at times with my language, but not in a place for more than less intelligent conversation and not when it makes others uncomfortable. To me this is not an issue of freedom of speech, you can cuss, but an issue of courtesy, you choose not to at certain times.

For the ladies:
    Do be so kind as to politely tell the men you'd enjoy the conversation much more if they would mind their manners for you. There are plenty of us men who would support and respect you request.

For everyone:

Let's all do the best we can to have an enjoyable community here. We're all adults and I think we all want a happy world. If that's the case we can help create those ends by being courteous and in regards to language not have bans and censorship but self-restraint unless the time or place calls for it. Again, I prefer to only use cussing if it lends itself to the situation, such as placed in certain jokes or stories. But freedom of choice to you all. These are just my thoughts and I hope everyone will respectfully consider them. :D

3. Sig Wyrminorb

Sig Wyrminorb Long term member

San Francisco, CA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I think I know more women who enjoy the rare bit of wit than me. Excellent post.

Captured Pirate likes this.
  4. ChasteandPlay

ChasteandPlay Active member

Local Time:
    Thank you for your kind words.

5. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    9:57 AM
    Have we missed something???????

6. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It seems that I have missed a lot in this thread. Sometimes real life chastity and taking care of my slave can get in the way of things on the computer.

I have put my opinion in the mods section regarding this but as @Mascara^Snake has brought it into open forum I thought it best that I post here as well.

I do not think that there is any need to ban any kind of language as a blanket ban. We have mods who are more than capable of having a quiet word if it is needed. I know that @Mascara^Snake does that a lot already.

Now I am off to the Glasgow Dungeon to deal with some unruly subs and then club night tonight. I do hope you all have as much fun as @lockit and I are about to.

MJ

lockit likes this.
  7. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thank you @Mistress Jules I do try hard to help members here with all kinds of things from relationship problems to misspelt thread titles, Including sticking my neck out writing threads like this.
    I've been back and read my original posting here but I cant seem to find anything about "Blankets or Bans" so I'm not sure where that came from. I think Lockit introduced "banning" into the thread a few posts ago.

I hope you two have a wonderful evening. xx

Stephen likes this.
  8. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    10:57 AM
    This is an adult channel, so I believe it would be wrong to ban or censor bad language. At the end of the day, some people choose to swear and others will judge them by their tone or choice of language. I don't believe anything is gained stopping people from swearing - I think individuals will always make their minds up about other people and a number will decide to judge someone by their use of swearing accordingly. Pretty much the same as every day life.....

Stephen likes this.
  9. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    8:57 PM
    I have a can here that's empty, has anyone seem my worms?:p

10. Chris with PA

Chris with PA Active member

IT
    Leipzig, Germany
    Local Time:
    I appreciate that Ms Amanda reminds us to Netiquette. In General I'd say this community is very different from an average Internet Forum when it Comes to good manners. Although I'm surely not reading every post I haven't encountered flaming and the like you find elsewhere sooner or later. This is what makes me in fact feel like being in an old mansion.

What I consider pleasant and try to avoid is expressions that are vulgar or sterile. There is probably a romantic description for most of the things this community is talking about. So it is nice when a post is written so that it starts the hot movie in the reader's head.

Victor38 and Mascara^Snake like this.
  11. Doris

Doris Guest

Isn't the whole idea of male chastity aimed at improving male behavior and curving bad habits? Using profanity is one of those undesirable habits so I fully support the idea of keeping foul language and vulgar expressions out of the public threads.

12. xcitedsisssy

xcitedsisssy cd/sissy michelle

Retired
    Upper Midwest
    Local Time:
    5:57 AM
    Most of the worms here are in their own cages. OwnedbyLeeanne, that's why your can is empty.:p

OwnedbyLeeanne and Sig Wyrminorb like this.
  13. Stephen

Stephen Member

united kingdom
    Local Time:
    I wasn't going to weigh in on this, as most of it has already been said but here's my opinion.

Lets all remember that this post isn't about censoring anyone its just about opinion and feedback just like the thread title says and there is nothing wrong with an exchange of opinion.

I like swearing, i do it often i have grown up with it all around me and have no problem with it. I also think there is a time and place to use those words for instance there's a lot of people i don't swear around and others i swear around more so.

But you have to remember that although i think the use of the English language in any of its forms is fine, i would say that maybe 80 to 90% of the world doesn't agree, people don't like it and because of this social stigma that swearing has its often seen as only used by people with "poor vocabulary's" "not good enough education" or just plain rude or offensive, even if for some people like me it would be completely normal to swear a minimum of once in every breath, or sentence.

The fact is to keep the site as commercial and welcoming to everyone as possible, keeping the swearing to a minimum would be the logical choice. Is anyone going to censor anyone? No its an exchange of idea's. Admin and whoever else will just use their common sense as previously discussed.

I think everyone should be able to say whatever they want whenever they want but would i swear in a job interview? no.
    contradicting myself yes, but not everyone wants or is able to take an objective point of view. That's just the way the world is.

People who swear don't get offended when people don't swear. So from and objective point of view it would be beneficial to the site to not have swearing all over the place so it can be as commercial as possible, that is assuming the site wants to reach and educate as many people as possible. That would be the logical approach anyway.

14. seasoned

seasoned Long term member

retired
    Provence
    Local Time:
    @Nostromo you took the words out of my mouth;so I'll have them back now if you don't mind.Once,in an idle moment,I found myself in the powder room and made an inappropriate remark and was given the cold shoulder.I imagined everyone turning to stare at me,combs and powder puffs frozen in mid-air.I withdrew mustering as much dignity as possible;it was scolding enough.

Victor38 likes this.
  15. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    Damn, I missed that episode!!!! Looking forward to the Cyber-dominatrix episode though!

Sig Wyrminorb likes this.
  16. Sig Wyrminorb

Sig Wyrminorb Long term member

San Francisco, CA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Can we have Matt Smith back for that one?

richard likes this.
  17. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    Can I just ask.....what is Willy Wonka doing hanging out with cybermen?

18. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Ok, i think this thread has run it's course now.

Feel free to continue in a new thread in The Bar section if you wish.

Thanks as always for everyone's feedback.

Thread Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice