New mobile-app chastity game

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by ChasteDilf13, Dec 8, 2014.

?

Would a site like this interest you?

1. Yes

142 vote(s)
    94.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  3. Maybe

7 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. ChasteDilf13

ChasteDilf13 Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:56 PM
    Sorry, Beta testing hasn't started. Honestly I didn't do any programming work over the chrismtas break, I actually just relaxed and didn't use the computer very much. This week I've started again I've picked up the work and hope to start a private beta very soon. I'll send a few invites to posters in this thread when I have something ready for you to try out.

^^ FYI, I love the idea of the password unlock so people can't see the app. Since the tool is web based, I'll have to come up with a way to do this, but I've already had a situation arise where somebody went to use my phone (with my permissions) and the last open web page was Locksly. Close call ;)

Nostromo, danleft1 and sissy steph like this.
  2. smoothwoodpecker

United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    1:56 AM
    Looks brilliant. My wife/kh loves having me in chastity but is not naturally very dominant and so has a problem giving orders. I think she would be much more likely to take to this as it's not so direct. As a fellow programmer, keep up the good work and happy to help beta test.

3. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ok,

So it's been a long time since I've posted an update, and I figure I owe people an explanation who have been waiting for this. I apologize for the delay. Over Christmas I took a few weeks off work and didn't spend any time at my computer, then my wife/keyholder got very sick after new years and is only just starting to recover. So I haven't had much spare time, however I've made some good progress today.

At this point I only see two main issues left before I can launch my "private beta". The first is the Timezone issue. Right now, the app doesn't set any particular timezone or allow uers to choose a timezone. So it's at the whim of whatever server is hosting the website. This is obviously a problem since a couple in California needs a drastically different time frame than people from Europe. My changes today will allow the Keyholder to set the Timezone which is used to calculate the release date.

The second big missing feature are notifications. So you can get e-mail alerts for activity like when when missions are added or completed. I don't intend to spam anybody's inbox, so I'm going to make it so alerts are sent once, maybe twice daily, with a digest of all the recent activity. I haven't yet figured out how to do this.

So once I have these two issues figured out I'll begin to invite people to try it out. Stay tuned!

dlrob, sissy steph and danleft1 like this.
  4. EvetS

EvetS Locked for Her pleasure

Antwerp
    Local Time:
    2:56 AM
    Looking forward to see your hard honest work put to good use ;-)

5. coffee2sugars

coffee2sugars Long term member

Private Health Care
    Northamptonshire UK
    Local Time:
    Your app looks amazing,

I am very interested in it as I think the wife would also use this alot.

Good luck with it's development.

sissy steph likes this.
  6. iambad

iambad Active member

Local Time:
    7:56 PM
    Holy cow!!!! This may finally be the answer to my wife liking the idea of being a keyholder. I can't wait to show her and try!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

sissy steph likes this.
  7. secretdan

secretdan Active member

Education
    USA
    Local Time:
    6:56 PM
    Sounds awesome. I'll be watching for updates.

sissy steph likes this.
  8. C. Roc

C. Roc Active member

Local Time:
    I would be interested in this app.

Might want a bland icon and a password , so as not to raise suspicions when my phone is borrowed by my children.
    Also might like that you can customise the titles, rather than “Wife” may have “Goddess” , “Madam Jane” or “Master “ or anything you want for your key-holders name, and even your name, “Slave” , “Ant” , “Pet”, “Toy”……

I’m getting carried away now…

Even weekly/ monthly updates with ideas for tasks or forfeits.

sissy steph likes this.
  9. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I've been begging pet to do this for years.

Congratulations, I can't wait to see the finished product.

sissy steph likes this.
  10. C. Roc

C. Roc Active member

Local Time:
    What about a “Chance “ button, you, may get extra merits or you may lose merits, or if you are Lucky “Get out of jail”,

Can’t think where I came up with this idea ??? must have a “Monopoly” on them

11. C. Roc

C. Roc Active member

Local Time:
    I have another idea for the App. At any time your Keyholder can send you a “Tease” image. This is just to keep you motivated.

The picture could be anything but the aim is to make you swell in your device. The image however would only be on the phone for say one minute.

So you could be at work or at the shops and get a little “Tease” of your loved one in some sexy underwear, or a picture of him/her bending a cane, it’s whatever turns you on

When oh when will it be live !

12. squier

squier Junior Member

tech consultant
    Germany, the wild south
    Local Time:
    Funny. The app isn´t released yet - but a lot of special wishes are! I think it aint easy and quick to programm an app like this. It takes time and time to do!
    So, here is my offer to @ChasteDilf13 : if you plan to translate the app´s text into other languages then I could support you doing this into german.

danleft1 likes this.
  13. coffee2sugars

coffee2sugars Long term member

Private Health Care
    Northamptonshire UK
    Local Time:
    Are there any updates on the apps development?

This thread seems to have dropped of the radar.

14. the odd tease

the odd tease Long term member

North America
    Local Time:
    This is 'software' chastity having to wait... but we understand the challenges life threw at you this winter, we will try to wait patiently!

coffee2sugars likes this.
  15. iambad

iambad Active member

Local Time:
    lol...good analogy! Thanks for the update.

16. Mikeydo

Mikeydo Chastity Noob

Writer/Web Design/Artist
    Texas
    Local Time:
    I would be interested in a beta test, when ready. Thank you :)

17. Lialuvit

Lialuvit Just starting out down this road in our marriage

Local Time:
    Sounds like a cool app...

18. belur

belur Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:56 AM
    I'd definately be willing to pay up to get access to this, I'm sure the GF/KH would love it! :)

19. AlanThom

AlanThom Hi, I'm Alan.....

South Tampa Bay Area
    Local Time:
    Please keep me posted if you get it running. I'd be willing to go on a trial then to full options for a monetary 'donation' if needed. This would be fun.

20. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm horribly sorry for the long delay. My keyholder/wife just had a baby, and we moved houses. Things have been hectic, though that's no excuse for not posting a heads up to the community. For that I'm sorry.

Good news is that I actually have a live demo that's just missing one last feature before it's ready for testing. It shouldn't be long.

Lockedbytrace likes this.
  21. AlanThom

AlanThom Hi, I'm Alan.....

South Tampa Bay Area
    Local Time:
    Well then, congratulations on the little one! And moving at the same time? BUSY!!!

22. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So I've had some major progress on this with several big changes.

First, I re-wrote the "rewards" mechanism. If you read the previous posts, you'd remember that the Dom set a "release date" in the future, and that the Sub could then advanced the date by completing missions and redeeming points earned from those missions. In testing with my KH (and reading posts here on CM), I decided that having a static "lock up time" that the sub could shorten was too restrictive/simple. First, not all KHs want to release their sub so this app wouldn't work for them at all. Second, "release" is very generic and what you are working towards would have to be pre-determined. Lastly, I found the fact that the "release date" would arrive regardless of whether or not I completed missions kinda missed the point of the app entirely.

My KH instead suggested I add configurable Rewards. So now the KH can create Missions AND Rewards, each worth however many points the KH decides. So as the sub you complete your missions to collect your points, then you can redeem those points for a Reward. I found this method to be a more enticing way to get me to complete the missions. Unless I did the missions I got no reward, I can't simply wait it out. Also, the reward is more clear since the KH can create them herself, and weight them appropriately.

The beauty if the new Rewards system is that you can still use the app in the way I described it before. The KH can still give you a release date, and they can create a Reward "remove 1 day from lock-up time", for you to redeem. The only difference is that your KH would have to track this date externally like on their own calendar.

The second big "change" was the addition of all the member support stuff. So I've added Help, e-mail alerts, password recovery, etc... All the stuff you would need to actually make the app usable by more than a few people.

Lastly, the app is now live on a free host provided by the software framework I'm using. Be aware, their "free hosting" is essentially for testing apps and is not meant for production sites. So their hosting may work for now, but at some point I'll have to move the app to a production host which may reset the data.

At this point, I'm happy to announce that the app is now live for beta testing!! Please PM me if you are interested and I'll send you the link. I'd rather not make the link public for now until I've had a few people using it a while to work out the kinks (pun intended ;).

Thanks for reading

23. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Something I forgot to mention in my previous post that I should probably clarify, is that at this stage I'm looking for people to use the app "as-is" and let me know if they find bugs, problems or errors with what exists today. There are endless additions and improvements I could make, but at this stage I want to focus on making sure that what *does* exist actually works well. Once I'm satisfied that the core app is solid and working well, then we can talk new features. So I know everybody has ideas and suggestions, but try and hold back for now :)

I guess the other important thing I want to gauge is if this app is *useful* and fun, or at least has potential to be. If after a trial run everybody says it's a dead-end, then I'll stop wasting my time ;) However, if people are excited and say it shows promise then i'd love to keep working on it.

24. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I have zero intention of having a paid tier or adding advertising anytime in the near future. This is a project I enjoy working on, and at the moment my costs are minimal. Other than purchasing the domain name, I'm not paying for any hosting yet. Meteor.JS (the software framework I used) provides free hosting for "testing purposes", so that should suffice for the time being. Even all our e-mail alerts are sent for free using MailGun's free service which gives me 10,000 free e-mails per month.

Even after we outgrow the free hosting services, there are very reasonable options like DigitalOcean.com where I could host this app very cheaply.

25. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I have a small update for those of you who have been using the Beta (testing) version of this app. I have noticed that at times the app is slow to respond on the first try. Sometimes when you go to load a page you just get the loading graphic for 20-30 seconds, afterwards the app loads then continues to work normally.

I think this is related to the free hosting service I'm using. They hosts apps for free, but they also put apps to "sleep" that haven't been accessed in a while. Then the next time somebody loads a page the app has to wake up, thus the initial delay.

I'm aware of the issue and have tried to work around it with a few tricks, however I think the only sure way to fix this would be to move to a better host. This morning I began setting up a new paid hosting service. I'll work on a plan to migrate to this new host ASAP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice