Want to order a jailbird, need suggestions on sizing

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by CagedCuddler, Jan 30, 2015.

1. CagedCuddler

CagedCuddler New member

Local Time:
    9:04 PM
    Hi all, I'm currently in the CB6000-s, and to be honest it's pretty uncomfortable. I'm using the largest (2") ring and the second smallest spacer (not sure the exact size of that actually). Because of that I'm looking to get a MM jailbird, but I really want to get the measurements right.

Ring and gap: I'm really not sure what to do here. My current device chafes on the underside of my scrotum, and I frequently have to readjust it. And yet my scrotum is usually pretty tight so when it gets fully shriveled, one of my balls will fall out anyway. I'm not sure whether this means my ring and spacer are too small or too big, and so I hope the oval ring will be a better fit. I'm still not sure what a good size would be for me.

Inside diameter: The CB6k-s 1-3/8" diameter tends to fit my flaccid penis nicely. The problem is that prolonged erections, especially morning ones, are very painful and last a very long time, with skin poking out the slits on the side. A couple days ago after taking the cage off I found that the side of my penis was punctured and bruised from the pressure of the slit, so I want to make sure something like that doesn't happen with metal. The open design of the jail bird should make erections less painful, but should I get a larger diameter cage?

Length: I'm almost always 2.5" flaccid, and the CB6k-s is actually a fairly good fit, so I'm thinking about going with a 2-3/4" length.

Any and all suggestions would be very much appreciated! Since I have an idea of my measurements from using a CB cage, I was hoping not to have to get the sizing ring set. So far I'm thinking about these dimensions:

Gap: 3/8"
    Ring: 2-1/8"
    Cage diameter: 2-1/2"
    Length: 2-3/4"

2. danzig592

danzig592 Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Columbus, Ohio
    Local Time:
    Personally, I believe a shorter, but larger ID cage is ideal, because it gives you some width expansion during night time erections, which to me at least does more to prevent pulling on the balls than extra length. if the cage is tight width wise when you are flaccid, the friction between your shaft and the cage will cause the ring to pull on your balls when you get an erection, even if you have some spare length in the cage.

Sure it is easier to pull out of the cage when it has a larger ID, but nothing is going to stop you from pulling out unless you have a PA fixing, so that is kind of a moot point.

That being said, I think 2 1/2" ID for a cage seems a little large. and if you have one of the boys popping out, you probably need a smaller ring not larger. The oval rings do help with comfort in my opinion.

3. CagedCuddler

CagedCuddler New member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the reply, I actually meant 1-1/2" for the diameter, not 2-1/2! Would that seem like a more appropriate number? Fully erect, my girth is roughly 4.2", which translations to a 1-1/3" diameter. So a 1-1/2" cage would definitely take some of the pressure off of the sides of my penis during erections.

The ring sizing seems to be the trickiest. I think I'll stick to a single ring in the case that I need it to be resized. Does anybody know if I could get that modified to a double ring in the future, and how much that adjustment would cost?

4. wettie

wettie Long term member

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    8:04 PM
    I would get the sizing rings, you're about to spend several hundred dollars for something you could potentially be wearing 24/7 for years, the extra $20 is well spent. I purchased a set and tested the ring for prolonged periods until I found the tightest one that I could see wearing for the long term. I slept in it, showered in it, etc. As a result I have a ring that has been on 24/7 for 6 months with very minimal releases and minimal discomfort.
    As far as length, if you fit in the 6000s (which I believe is 2.5") I would personally go shorter, that is my only slight regret. I measured at 2.5 and figured I fit the 6000s well, so I followed MM advice and wentb1/4" shorter at 2 1/4", and wish I had gone 2", or even a little smaller.
    In my experience the smooth round ring is much more forgiving than the plastic and with the right silicone lube applied at night I never get waken up from erections, but that also just takes some time to adjust to.
    Finally same thing goes for the inside diameter. This is the one dimension they can not adjust for you, so get the rings and try them out. I liked the 6000s diameter so I kept it, 1 3/8", but if you think it's a little tight for you you may be right with the 1 1/2". But again, I used the rings, flaccid, erect, I slept with them on...
    Good luck, you will love it if you get it right and probably be selling it if you don't!

5. Urcatcher

Urcatcher Active member

Local Time:
    6:04 PM
    I went from wearing a genuine cb6000 to wearing a mm jailbird. I used the mm plastic sizing rings kit to determine the diameter of the jailbird cage and diameter of the jailbird base ring. I actually wore the sizing rings 24/7 for several days to make sure the sizes I selected were correct prior to ordering. Although the CB cage always felt too tight (1&3/8), I actually went with a narrower diameter jailbird cage (1&1/4) and it was a good decision. The CB cages are very enclosed plastic, creating a lot of uncomfortable friction with a lot of skin contact. The jailbird cage has a very open stainless steel design and it is very comfortable being in touch with the jailbird cage most of the time. (I also experienced the pinching in the CB device from their idiotically designed "vents" and hated it.). If you get the length right on the jailbird (follow their guidance suggestions), it will do a much better job at preventing erections from starting. I've worn my jailbird 24/7 for 21 months with once a month unlockings by Mistress (for shaving and bottoming for her). I could never wear the CB6000 for more than 3 days because of the pinching, chafing, lousy hygiene ..... (And I had tried all kinds of combinations of ring sizes, spacer sizes, pin lengths etc). The difference is night and day. I never experience discomfort with my jailbird. The only slight adaptation I do is if I am active, I use a dab of A&D ointment between the base ring and my skin.

6. CagedCuddler

CagedCuddler New member

Local Time:
    I ordered the plastic sizing ring set as per your suggestions, and will use them in accordance with PansyTart's stickied thread to figure out what a good inner diameter and ring size would be. As for the gap I'll probably stick to the standard 3/8, but length is still an issue.

Now I'm not sure whether to go with a 2-1/4" length like MM suggests, or perhaps a 2" cage by wettie's suggestion...

The thing is, I don't want to have to apply lube all the time just to make sleeping in the age bearable. Is this really unavoidable? Because I think it would be so great to be able to wear this cage 24/7 and not have to spend much time worrying about lubrication/hygiene/comfort/slippage in general.

7. wettie

wettie Long term member

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    8:04 PM
    I often forget to lube, but find it much better when I do. I keep this at the side of my bed:
    http://www.amazon.com/Astroglide-Di...06442&sr=8-1&keywords=silicone+gel+astroglide
    I literally just use a dab on my fingertip and rub it under the base ring, nothing in the cage at all. It only takes 20 seconds, and isn't 100% necessary but does help. I think you're going to want to do it regardless of size because it helps with the friction of the ring turning as well.

8. CagedCuddler

CagedCuddler New member

Local Time:
    After spending the night in the 1-7/8" ring and waking up forgetting I had it on at all, I figured that was the right size. I ordered my cage just now!

Final sizes:

Gap: 3/8"
    Ring: 1-7/8"
    Inner diameter: 1-7/16"
    Length: 2-1/16"

9. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    MM will sell you a double ring. It isn't a modification of the single. I love my double. By all means, do the sizing rings.

10. EvetS

EvetS Locked for Her pleasure

Antwerp
    Local Time:
    3:04 AM
    Very interesting, thank you ;-)

11. Alana

Alana Long term member

California
    Local Time:
    6:04 PM
    @Nostromo Pardon my ignorance. I'm planning (hopefully soon) to order a custom cage of my own. What advantage does the double ring have over a single? Comfort? Security?

12. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I find the double ring to be more comfortable, although the single ring is fine, too.

13. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    7:04 PM
    A double ring can hold the device closer to the body especially if the scrotum is stretched out.
    We do not recommend a double base ring (DBR) if you are high and tight. Also, a DBR can never be adjsuted
    in size. You can always receive the single ring that comes with the device, make sure it is the correct size then
    send it back and have made into a DBR. The cost of that currently is $40 + shipping.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice