Some help measuring a Steelheart2 (based on another SH2!)

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Gfl, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    I purchased a second-hand Steelheart 2 from Germany ~6 weeks ago or so, and just got it on Tuesday. My main goal in purchasing it was to get a device that was roughly my size, so I could figure out whether I liked custom steel devices enough to order my own.

Well, mission accomplished. This thing is friggin wonderful, and now I see what all the fuss is about. The measurements were close enough for this to work just fine, and now I'd like to order a custom one that fits me perfectly.

The Short-Short version of my questions:
    - In terms of overall length, do I want it to match my SMALLEST POSSIBLE flaccid length (without bending over and attempting to turtle), or do I want it to match my average shortest flaccid length? If I take a bunch of random measurements and get 60mm, 60mm, 58mm, 59mm, 61mm, 56mm, 59mm, 61mm, 60mm, 58mm, 59mm, 62mm, do I jump to that single 56mm measurement or base it more on the average?

-In terms of inner diameter, my glans diameter seems to be 33mm. Do I want 34mm or 31.5mm?

-In terms of A-ring, a 47mm circular ring seems secure and mostly comfortable, but requires some lube and burns at night (and during erections). Do I want a 47mm anatomical ring or something else?

Longer version:
    Current device, as reported by the original seller (and I *assume* are right, though I can't seem to figure how to confirm the overall length measurement, since depending upon the curve I take, I get 70-80mm:
    Overall Length: 70mm
    Tube inner diameter: 40mm
    A-Ring: 47mm, standard circular ring

Overall Length
    Depending upon the day, time, and phase of the moon, when I'm totally flaccid, I'll be 5-14mm from the end. Yesterday the furthest away from the end I've come just when sitting normally is 9mm away from the end. Today, the absolute max is 14 or 15mm away from the end. Oddly enough, it seems like I retreat around 5mm whenever I decide to measure..I can see it retract a few seconds after introducing the Q-tip for measuring. I think when resting and not paying attention, it's around 60mm, and when getting attacked by Q-tip, it's closer to 55/56mm. So I'm inclined towards 58 or 60mm and would love input on that front.

Inner Diameter
    The steelheart I have was modified to have slits cut into it for a more open design, like this:

[​IMG]

Because of those slits, I'm able to get in there with a Q-tip to measure things. I've found that if my penis is sitting on the absolute bottom of the cage, and I stick 8mm of Q-tip into the top slit, then I can barely touch the widest part of my glans. I seem to get the same, 8mm measurement if I measure from the side slit as well. The cage is a hair less than 1mm thick, so it seems like a 33mm tube would lightly touch my glans on all sides. My understanding is that Dietmar offers 34mm and 31.5mm tubes. So I'm guessing 34mm is what I'm after?

Ring size and shape
    I was using a CB6ks for the last 2 months or so, and found that while I could fit 2-3 fingers under the biggest ring (50mm), it was the only option that didn't produce burning during the day and seriously intense burning and chafing/injuries at night. With the smallest spacer, one testicle did pop out once when I was messing with the device, adding lube, but I still couldn't tolerate the next smaller ring, so I stuck with 50mm. My current Steelheart, at 47mm, allows 1 finger in, MAYBE 2 if I push it, and seems pretty secure. I could *imagine* forcing a testicle through with a fair bit of pain and effort, but I haven't had the inclination to test that and not sure what testing that would bring me. In terms of comfort, it's miles more comfortable than the CB6ks at 50mm. During the day, I find that while it can work for a while without lube, but it does start getting uncomfortable once the area picks up any sweat. It seems substantially more comfy with silicon lubricant. At night, it still does produce some burning/swelling, though it's much more manageable than the CB6ks and lube definitely helps. So...I'm not quite sure what to do on the ring front. I'm tempted to get an anatomic (bent) ring at 47mm, but I'm not sure whether a circular ring that fits at 47mm might allow testicle slippage if it's shaped like the anatomical ring. Input there would be appreciated. I don't *strongly* object to getting 2 rings, but I'd rather get one that fits right, and I definitely don't want to get 2 rings that BOTH don't quite fit right.

Any input on any of those 3 measurements would be muchly appreciated!

2. chastingfun

chastingfun Long term member

New England
    Local Time:
    10:53 PM
    @Gfl ,

I don't have any answers for you. Wish I did.

I just wanted to compliment your "new to you" steelheart. That is one slick looking device! Best looking device I have ever seen.

I am going to be ordering one soon and was going to have the tip slotted like yours but never thought about the slots lengthwise.. What a great idea. Do the lengthwise slots go all the way around the cage or just from the top to about half ways down the sides like the picture? I wouldn't want them all the way around as I wouldn't want any access to to my frenum sweet spot just below the bottom of the head.

Would love it if you could post or PM me some pics at different angles.

Awesome device! Hope you get the answers you are looking for.

3. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    Yeah I really liked the look of it when I saw it for sale, and then after getting it, I was even more glad about those slots - it makes it *so* easy to clean and keep dry when compared to my old CB6ks. In terms of pics, I'm wearing it at the moment, so can't really offer pics at a new angle until I get let out, though I uploaded a shot while wearing here. It has 5 lengthwise slots, just from the top to halfways down the sides. I think more than that would cause uncomfortable friction on the bottom surface.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice