MCN Contender

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by ChasteDilf13, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ChasteDilf13

ChasteDilf13 Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:25 AM
    After having tried the CB-6K, and a few Chinese metal devices I think I'm ready for something custom made. None of the cages fit quite right, and the quality of the stainless steel isn't good enough for long term wear (even the ones sold as "100% polished stainless steel" have begun to rust).

For various reasons I've decided I like the Contender by Male Chastity Now the best. However there are a few measurements that I could use help with. I'd appreciate any input or suggestions on how to get the best fit.

Inner Diameter
    The metal cage I use now is 1 3/8 and I find it perfect when I'm at my smallest. It's small enough so the cage doesn't slide down, but is still very comfortable. However when I'm aroused it is tight and sometimes uncomfortable. MCN's sizing instructions say to go 1/8 smaller than erect girth. I'm 1 3/4 erect, so the suggested size would be 1 5/8 inner diameter. However when flaccid I'm only about 1 3/8. I'm afraid that 1 5/8 would be too wide and the cage would be too loose and possibly slide down.

Should I stay at 1 3/8 so the cage isn't loose when I'm flaccid? Or leave a bit of room for growth?

Length
    I'm 4" flaccid, however I find that the weight of any of my devices cause them to sit lower than I'd like. If I wear just my 1/4 base ring and leave it where it sits naturally, I measure 3 1/2 from ring to tip (or 3 3/4 including the width of the ring). I'd like to go as short as possible, however I find that shorter cages are painful when I'm aroused. I'm about 7" erect so the cage gets pushed very far out and really stretches my scrotum.

Should I try to go shorter in length (like 3 1/2) so the cage is snug when hanging normally? Or leave a little room at the end?

Base Ring
    My current ring is round and 1 3/4 inner diameter. For daily wear I find it comfortable and snug enough that the cage doesn't slide down too much, but night time erections can be a little painful. I think I should go up a size to 1 7/8, however I've found lots of people suggesting the oval ring as being more comfortable. I can't find any information on sizing a round ring vs oval, but I'm curious on others experiences with oval rings.

Should I switch to an oval ring and move up a size to 1 7/8, or would a 1 3/4 oval ring likely be more comfortable than my 1 3/4 round ring?

Thanks for reading, any suggestions are appreciated!

Below are my best-guess choices for my custom Contender. I went with a shorter, but wider cage, and a slightly bigger oval ring:

- Finish: Satin
    - Base Ring (inner diameter): 1-7/8 inches
    - Base Ring Shape: Oval
    - Ring to Cage Gap: 1/4 inch
    - Cage Ring (inner diameter): 1-5/8 inches
    - Flaccid Length: 3-1/2 inches
    - Lock Style: Medium Security Screw

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  2. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    I have the contendor from malechastitynow and think its a great device. My recommendaion would be to just go with the flaccid measurements. But measure yourself flaccid at different times of the day over a few days and go with the smallest measurement. The closer you are to flaccid the more comfortable it will be for night time erections IMO. I did this myself and its very comfortable though I do notice there is an extra 1/4" of room length wise. So maybe subtract 1/4" from your flaccid length. As for the base ring I dont think you want snug per say. You want to be able to fit one finger inside the ring when your wearing it to the knuckle. As for oval, I tried the the oval ring from malechastitynow and didnt see any more comfort compared the regular base ring, but thats just me. I think the oval just keeps things from bunching up too much at the bottom of the ring and skin folding over on itself which can cause rub burns. I would also talk with Mark(male chastity now) about this. He is great at helping out and answering questions.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  3. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    1. Talk with Mark. He's great.
    2. I think you should go for a narrower ID. Everyone's tolerances are different. I'm 1-3/4" erect at the base, and am very comfy in a 1-3/8" ID cage.
    3. Length really seems to be a personal preference. I like mine real short so they don't show.
    4. I like having my scrotum stretched! ;) I find a wider base ring is more comfy than the standard "one finger" metric people use. i switched to an oval ring with a top mount post - not front mount. It lines up the shaft better, and gives a little extra vertical room between the cage and base ring.

But I wouldn't worry too much, Mark has made me alternate base rings for really reasonable prices as I became accustomed to wearing the ring long term.

The oval ring is the same as a round ring but only a bit wider and shorter. Maybe 1/8"? I forget. I find the extra width helps when erect. It takes the pressure off the shaft.

5. I really like the high security option. It's the same 25$ price, but the custom bolt is easier to tighten hard. You don't have to use the seals, but they work really well. Maybe ask for both the security screw and the high security bolt. :)

I think you'll really like the upgrade from Chinese metal devices. His stainless steel is higher quality on inspection. So are his welds.

Finally, we need a MaleChastityNow device section on this site. There's a lot of us now!

4. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the info.

The "high security" screw looks like a normal socket that can be undone with a wrench, is it not?

5. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    You're very welcome!

Yes. It's a hex head. The bolt has a through-hole for the security seal. You can't take it off once you snap the seal shut. I'm fond of the design. The seals snap shut with an audible finality that appeals to me. A lock does the same psychological number on you.

The medium security screw is a button head that takes a hex driver that has a hole in the center to clear the pin in the screw. I forget the threading MCN uses. 6-32 or 4-40 but he uses a standard...

I've shopped on Bryce Fasteners for their Key-Rex security screws. They are custom, and you wouldn't even be able to find a third party hex driver.

Grant47 likes this.
  6. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    @Peter Rabbit, did you buy some key-rex screws? i was interested in them as well.

7. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    10:25 AM
    I really like the concept of the Key-rex screws, Shame that e.g. MM can't incorporate them. Best if they can also be recessed/countersunk so no grip on them possible.....:)

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  8. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks for all your input everyone. I initially bought myself a chastity device and presented it to my wife as something I wanted to try. Over the last year we've both gotten more into the idea. My wife isn't naturally dominant so I created an online Lock Up Game with help from other CM members. I'm currently about a month into my lock-up and almost have enough points for release. Last night I asked my wife/KH if this is something she's been enjoying and would like to continue long term. She gave a very enthusiastic YES.

So long story short, I just ordered myself a Contender. I went with my typical flaccid size, which happens to be nearly identical to my cheap Chinese cage, but the Contender will be much lighter and easier to clean, and hopefully won't rust ;)

Thanks again for your help!

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  9. K1nky6uy

K1nky6uy Active member

Local Time:
    10:25 AM
    I too am looking at the contender, it looks like a good quality cage at a reasonable price that can be secured to my PA. I did see one of the reviews on the website saying it sticks out a bit owing to its straight design, I'd be interested to hear from anyone as to how stealthy it is and how easy it is to conceal vs the cheaper metal Chinese models.

I have this one right now which is pretty comfy but I find it difficult to keep clean. It was a bargain at just £15 from ebay.

upload_2015-9-1_17-20-13.png

Just ordered this one from DHgate for $30 so I'll see how it is and maybe look at a contender as my first custom device.

upload_2015-9-1_17-21-20.png

The key rex system looks interesting, anyone know the pricing on these? There is a company in the UK does a similar unique screw but the pricing is somewhat prohibitive >£2k

http://www.securitysafetyproducts.c...ews-fixings/?products_finish=73&screw-group=9

10. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:

So I got my Contender, and I must say I'm very happy with it!! I'll post a full review in a separate thread. I don't find it sticks out very much at all because Mark used 3 concentric rings on mine before the cage portion, which causes it to bend downwards a bit. I had to have it resized and shortened by 1/2" inch, but here it is before it was shortened. The overall length was 3 3/4 in this photo:

IMG_20150722_114202-small.jpg

I'm sure you could ask Mark to do a similar style for yours so that it doesn't stick out as much.

The biggest difference I found between the Contender and the Chinese cage (mine is similar to the second one you posted) is the weight. The Contender is less than half the weight of my Chinese cage which makes a huge difference in daily wear.

MCN sells extra hex keys for 5$ so we ordered a second one as our emergency key.

I'll follow up with my review when I post it later.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  11. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice