Chastity Cage Issue, Need the community's help

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by whydif19, Jul 17, 2015.

1. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    7:54 PM
    I have a question for the community. My device wants to rotate, there are two metal posts that go into hole on either side to prevent rotation, but the posts aren't long enough, and sometimes they slide out(1 more mm and they'd be fine). So what I was wondering is if anyone had any ideas on something I can either put in the holes to shorten the length needed to prevent rotation or anything to put around the posts to prevent them slipping out of the holes. It's a pretty tight clearance, usually only starts to rotate once a week or so after sleeping on my stomach. I will post pics. The first is how it is supposed to look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    10:54 AM
    Hey there!

How about a shim or sleeve on the locking post, between the shank of the lock and the circular connection on the cage...?

This would have the effect of pushing the cage back, and therefore keeping the posts in the holes....

This may be a very cheap way to solve the problem!

With many thanks and the absolute kindest regards.

J.

GT-CB6000 likes this.
  3. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    First off, thanks J. for the response, I do appreciate the help. I am not sure what you mean by sleeve. Shim is just a washer here in the US. I think I get the gist though. The shim or sleeve would be between circular connection on the cage and the lock, so that the cage couldn't move forward without theoretically breaking the shim/sleeve. I am assuming I can pick something like that up at an hardware store.

- Tyler

4. I LOVE my Choice!

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    Hey!

I would hope so... Maybe even a washer (shim?) would do it if it were thin enough....

If it's too thick you could always gently file the face of the circular connection to get the fit right...?

ALSO-I note on your device... It is a chrome plated one, so keep an eye on things and, if you're intending on going (very) long term in it please be aware that chromium can be toxic with prolonged skin exposure.... :(

Glad to be of some service!

With the absolute kindest regards

J.

whydif19 likes this.
  5. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    Thanks again for the help. Sounds like a cheap temporary fix. How do you know the device is chrome plated?

6. I LOVE my Choice!

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    I had one!!! Got it shortened by a welder and he told me directly!!!

Sorry...

J.

7. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    Ah... So is there anyway to tell if you are buying a legitimate stainless steel device? Outside of what the seller says?

8. I LOVE my Choice!

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    You can scratch away at a part that is not exposed nor will rub against the skin... If there is a different colour metal underneath, it's plated!

Also, SS is non-magnetic. If a magnet sticks to your device, then it's not stainless... It would be a metallic substrate chrome plated.

Chrome is also very shiny.... Steel has a duller lustre...

Some sites say testing with acid and Copper Sulphate will also give a result, as steel reacts and chrome won't....

With the absolute kindest regards.

J.

whydif19 likes this.
  9. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    Thanks again for all the great information. Think I will just have to buy a magnet, and test each device that I buy, and if it is plated return it.

10. I LOVE my Choice!

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    Hey!

As a rule of thumb, those devices like yours-with the two guide pins and solid base rings-are chrome.

The ones with the hinged rings and no guide pins are steel.

These cheaper metal devices are usually made in China... A great website for looking at these is www.dhgate.com. Search for male chastity. You will find the devices offered for sale by many different vendors AND you will see a variety of descriptions too! This will help you build up a better picture of how the devices are made...!

They are also often cheaper than re-sellers, although the free postage does take a while to get to you!

With the absolute kindest regards.

J.

whydif19 likes this.
  11. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    I admittedly have only gone on dhgate once or twice, but it seemed like most of their devices that I saw were the ones that were Chinese that could be found on ebay. I could be wrong, and like I said, I haven't really given dhgate a fair shake, but I will check it out again.

And the only reason I have avoided hinged devices is because of the pinch. I prefer the solid ring style. (I actually prefer my holy trainer but my keyholder thinks the metal looks better).

12. wishful

wishful Locked for Love

Local Time:
    3:54 AM
    Hi whydif.
    I have used both what looks like the device you are wearing and now a stainless steel version. The key thing with the chrome plated devices is they have a mirror finish and the surface wears once it has work through then it needs to be replaces. Mine actually rusted a bit and so was scrapped. Look for the pictures wher the device has a either a brushed finish or a not quite mirror finish. Personally I hate the hinged rings and Hacve found as many of these are chrome as the fixed rings. Also the price does not seem to fairy much between them. The device I am in now was about £20 ish but I have made a new back ring to fit as the supplied on was not ge correct size. The washer does work but so does a rubber O ring of the correct size this also removes any movement between the cage and ring if you use the correct size one. This does need to be replaced every so often though.

All the best

whydif19 and I LOVE my Choice! like this.
  13. I LOVE my Choice!

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    BRILLIANT idea @wishful !!!!

There will be no filing then and that would mean the delay of the onset of rust (cos it will rust unfortunately...:()

I realised after my last post the filing advice would be problematic in the long run... Sorry about that @whydif19

With the absolute kindest regards

J.

14. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    Thanks again for all the responses. @wishful any chance you know what size I should buy? I am probably going to go to a hardware store in the next few days.

As for finding a stainless steel device, I guess I will just keep trying with the magnet. Hopefully, I can find one that isn't hinged, while I save up for a mature metal device.

15. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    Just an update boys and girls, I managed to wrap a paperclip around the bar tightly and cut it so that it is equal on both sides, and that has done the trick. The problem now has it's solution whether it be by J's and Wishful's more elegant ways or by my more basic ways. I do however think it is time to find a true stainless steel device. The Chromium poisoning thing is starting to scare me.

16. I LOVE my Choice!

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    Hey!

You've got a couple of options there in terms of cheaper devices...

You have this: http://www.dhgate.com/product/small...-cage-metal/202460019.html#s3-4-1b|1805312009

With spare rings: http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/sea...searchkey=193734254&catalog=#Homesearch201403

ALSO.... You have this: http://www.dhgate.com/product/steel...-chastity/232201398.html#s13-17-1b|3257546073 and http://www.dhgate.com/product/male-.../232201402.html?recinfo=8,7,1#cppd-1-5|null:7

NOTE the squared locking pin and the ABSENCE of guide pins. This family of devices is steel. Unfortunately, they are also rip offs of male chastity now's designs, so I would not promote them here OTHER THAN to show you the squared locking pin...

J.

17. wishful

wishful Locked for Love

Local Time:
    Hi Whydif. Thank you for your kind words. I do not know the size but I think it's a 6 or 7 mm hole you need, prongs stretch so they are simple and for a couple of pounds you can buy a box at Halfords. If you are looking for indefinite wear then yes do change to a stainless steel device, the reason they do not rust is that they are pretty inert and do not easily react which is why this material is used in bone reconstruction surgery etc. I am not as I said a fan of hinged rings but that's a personal preference.

Good luck with finding a good device but do ensure that the tube is the right size as well as the ring. Too small and I get edema ( swelling of the soft tissue) too large and the device can fall off or it's easy to pull out. I would use the word snug when relaxed and not allowing a full erection.

Wishing you the best of luck with your shopping. I do not know about you but my key holder has so far not been interested in helping to select a cage but I always ask her as its protecting what I have given her as her prorerty.

18. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    My keyholder only cares that it's not uncomfortable beyond reason and that it looks good. But I want to swicth to SS as soon as I can.

19. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Please do not worry about chrome poisoning.
    Even if your device is plated and few are it's cheaper to make in stainless . The effect of the skin contact is very small.

Chrome poisoning usually only occurr if you work in a factory with the stuff in the air or in solution or you eat sea food and shrimp and the like caught in contaminated coastal waters .

Xx Wendy

20. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    I tested my device and a magnet stuck to it, so that leads me to believe it is chrome plated based on everything people have told me. If the effects on skin contact are minimal, how long would you stay in a chrome plated device? Weeks, months, a year? I am usually only locked up for weeks. Although I guess I go back in right after my release time is up(usually 6-12 hours).

21. I LOVE my Choice!

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    Hey there!

@Wendygirl is brilliant and the advice given is sound!!!

I guess this is where the personal interpretations come into play...

I will totally admit I am a cautious person by nature. So MY preferred action would be to be... yup! Cautious!!! :D My OWN personal beliefs (which I would never want to foist onto anyone!!) would be to minimise any risk that I might be exposed to as far as possible...

And then there is assessment of the 'risk' too!!! Being cautious (did I say that already??!! :p) I would probably OVER compensate for risk as I assessed it...

Hell-there's risk in getting out of bed in the morning! But we all take that on!

Anyways.. waffle waffle...!!! But The assessment and acceptance of any risk is a personal decision. I don't think one would find too many results for a Google search based on long-term chastity and chrome poisoning!!! And I daresay long-term research into this fairly 'niche' activity would exist yet...

I think the most common reaction is an allergic one, leading to dermatitis... And if you were prone to that, you would have probably noticed already...

However, I think it is safe to say that steel devices GENERALLY last longer than chrome plated ones as they will not rust as quickly...

So.... whilst it is probably likely your risk is low, I guess it is up to you to determine what level of risk you are willing to take....

Not really a direct answer I guess...

J.

22. whydif19

whydif19 Member

Oregon
    Local Time:
    Thanks @Wendygirl and J. for bringing up this topic to my attention as well. I haven't noticed any dermatitis. I have been caged on and off for the last two months as well as for the last two weeks non stop outside of cleanings. I still want a stainless steel device, but I do feel a little bit more comfortable about the device I am in until I can get my SS device.

23. nrbill

nrbill Long term member

Local Time:
    To all: Please be aware that some stainless steels are magnetic or become magnetic with certain heat treats. The magnet test is good "most" of the time, but not always. Also, some stainless steels will rust, but again, it's not all that common. Most manufacturers will be using alloy 316 for fabricating their devices, which is a metal that is commonly used in manufacturing medical devices, so it's a very good choice for a chastity device. It forms well and welds easily, besides being free of rust, and is readily available and reasonably priced as a material.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice