A Thread For Those We Miss

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by SubVerity, Jan 16, 2016.

1. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    9:14 AM
    In this thread we can say nice things for Amanda to read. Goodbye's, heartfelt good wishes etc.

In this thread there is no bitching, complaining, or asking why (unless in a rhetorical sense). Do that stuff in pm's to A or Jens directly. Or me if you wish.

When I joined CM, I had lurked for about 3 months before finally signing-up. What made me feel that I wanted to sign-up were posts from one Mascara-Snake. They made me feel that there were original thinkers here, people not following a set of expectations of a game that they had read in a rule-book, people with some....spark. My first conversations with her were about finding ways of reducing the number of dick avatars, just one of her crusades. Now, it is a rare sight, but at the time they were almost the standard.

Amanda - I take my hat off to you.

Mascara^Snake likes this.
  2. GT-CB6000

GT-CB6000 Long term member

Local Time:
    4:14 AM
    Ms Amanda you will be missed. I wish you well

3. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    I will miss your posts too. You have made an enormous contribution. I wish Mistress Jules and the others had stayed too. They gave a huge amount as well.

Lucy and Mascara^Snake like this.
  4. dclann

dclann Active member

Local Time:
    1:14 AM
    Celebrate diversity and the wonderful times we have had here. We must appreciate those that have crossed our path on our journey through life. There are those that have enriched our lives, enlightened our spirit, and filled our hearts with joy. My Wife summed our feelings up in a few word. Amanda is like sparkling wine.

i have discussed the issues at depth with my Wife MistressL. We decide to contact Jens directly. MsL ask me to share the last part of our conversation with you.

>>>I appreciate your reply. It helps me understand the dynamics behind the scene.
    You just have to wonder, why can't we get along? This is a small microcosm of our existense, one starting long ago, an ancient Greek Neo-Platonic schema of seeing the same patterns reproduced in all levels of the cosmos. i saw it frequently, while working for the state dept. back in the late 1990s. and at the local level of municipalities, and throughout my career at all levels. i'm so glad my Wife and i are retired.

Again, thank you for filling me in. i can see the larger picture. It doesn't take away the pain, but the only thing that is constant, is change.

i will fill my Wife in. She is quite distraught over this.
    dc>>>

and life goes on.

corsac and Mascara^Snake like this.
  5. allaboutHer

allaboutHer Long term member

Local Time:
    Were I single and lived in your land...had we met I think we would have made beautiful music together. Godspeed Ms. Amanda.

Reconsider your decision. Please.

allaboutHer

6. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    6:14 PM
    Ms Amanda,
    I am very sorry to hear you are leaving and hope that you reconsider.
    You were one of the first to chat to me and I dearly remember and appreciate the magical photos that you sent me even though they did go Pfft!
    I will also miss your sepia toned images of long legs and heels fondly :)
    Please drop in from time to time and say hello to those that wish you were not leaving.
    And may all the Males you meet treat you like the Queen you are and place you on that pedestal you deserve.

Dianne

7. TitaniumChastiTi

TitaniumChastiTi Custom Bespoke Manufacturer

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Sad day on the Mansion from here at least, we obviously dont know what goes on in the back ground and that is very frustrating, perhaps if a more open culture was practised by the Admins etc, people would be more open to the decisions made, to us on the outside it appears very underhand, sorry if that offends but a realistic explanation as to why Ms Amanda felt the need to remove herself would help many members.

OwnedbyLeeanne likes this.
  8. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    Amanda was harsh with me when she felt that I needed putting in my place. She was not moderate, but she was right. She did not hold a grudge though, occasionally commenting on some of my posts with thoughtful insights and even some advice.

I regret not having had the chance to chat with her more. I regret that she was unable to continue as a member after the removal of her Moderator status and privileges.

The loss of any member is a bad thing, the loss of such a long term member is catastrophic.

9. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    I'd like to remind people early rather than late, that this is not the thread for raking over any coals, or for anything you might think might offend. If there is the possibility of it, then this is not the place to post it. Thank you. :)

10. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    No comment from me then !!!!!! Mistress B (alias.... enraged from the UK)

GT-CB6000 and Billus like this.
  11. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    There's a thread already for sounding off (I think people could use it a bit more, it's not like anyone is trying to stifle debate on CM). This one is has a different purpose though. I'd like to keep it on topic that's all.

Joroincharge likes this.
  12. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    I wholly agree. There's been quite a bit of debate on CM general matters, partly arising out of MistressWatchful deciding she wants a new life and passing on the reins to the new Administrator. I have only recently become a Mod, but have every confidence in him, having seen the issues, which sometimes seem to need the wisdom of Solomon. But I can assure everybody that, Mod or not, Mascara's posts and ideas nave been and still are much appreciated and her contributions have been enormous.

13. Colleen1986

Colleen1986 Long term member

Maryland, USA
    Local Time:
    I enjoyed my discussions with Ms. Amanda and will miss her greatly, as she always seemed to have intelligent thoughts. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice