Male Chastity in mainstream media

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by harddenial, Jul 24, 2016.

Random Thread
  1. harddenial

harddenial Member

UK near London
    Local Time:
    9:45 AM
    Felix cum ea likes this.
  2. Felix cum ea

Felix cum ea Vanilla Chaste

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    10:45 AM
    Thanks, very interesting, I listened but am somewhat disappointed by the jounalists enthousiasm to laugh with our commitment. I have to admit though the way she puts it, it does sound kind of awkward to get your thrill out of not getting a thrill at all. Well it is our own choice and I'm quite happy with it. It just shows that mainstream is not ready for us yet. How to make them ready is a big question.

3. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    #3 Mascara^Snake, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    This topic has been discussed at length here before. The conclusion was that those of you who are in "closet chastity" are not helping at all.
    You need to be proud of your condition. There's nothing furtive or dirty about it. Nothing that needs hiding away.
    The more you hide it, the more it will be seen to be something distasteful that needs remain hidden from public view.
    Basically, it's up to you to make it mainstream.
    Furthermore, you are in fact "them" if you were to take into account the recent history of male chastity.

thefunone74, Jens and ChasteHubby2015 like this.
  4. steviepie

steviepie inferior and unworthy male

Manager
    the States
    Local Time:
    5:45 AM
    I wonder if there are ways to communicate that you are chaste without necessarily mentioning hardware. Obviously being a KNOWN locked male is far better but I'm wondering if this might be a segue for certain men and women trying to assimilate to new ideas. Thank you for keeping us focused on how we can make a difference!

5. Felix cum ea

Felix cum ea Vanilla Chaste

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    10:45 AM
    Dear @Mascara^Snake : I fully agree, but how to do that in the real world? I mean: I will not jeopardize my work and/or family relation by 'outing' my chastity. I'm pretty convinced that this would bring more implications than I would like to have.
    Also I cannot imagine my wife informing her family or friends what the reason is why some 18 months ago we changed for the better in our relationship.
    I is not so much a matter of hiding, to me it is a matter of keeping private what we consider private.
    After all I would not discuss at work or at family reunions or with firends what my wife and I do between the sheets (as a matter of speech).
    To bring it mainstream, I suppose we should, but speaking for my wife and myself, we will not put at risk what we have.. trust you understand.

Maybe our chastity is not to be mainstream after all, maybe it is best being norished in our privacy (like all the other intimate things we share as a couple are not to be made public either..)

Or maybe the press such as: life style magazines, women and family magazines could play a role here..but again the big question: how?
    Who will be ready for a personal report (if not anonimous)?

All ideas from all fellow mansioners welcome!

Pinkie likes this.
  6. ChasteHubby2015

ChasteHubby2015 Male Feminist

USA
    Local Time:
    4:45 AM
    I can honestly say that what I've been witnessing over the past couple of years is nothing short of a silent revolution sweeping the world. The fact is, the number of couples who practice male chastity is growing everyday worldwide. This upward trend is evident from sales and reviews on sites like Amazon by both men and women and is only expected to continue.

With that said, I believe one day soon, we will all come to realize that the majority of couples around us have at least heard of the practice, if not engaged in it themselves. At that point in time, people will become more comfortable with speaking about it publicly.

I agree with what @Mascara^Snake said about not being embarrassed, though I've always felt that the best advertisement for male chastity is not submissive man to submissive man; rather, current key holders telling their female friends who then purchase one for their husbands or boyfriends. Women trust each other's judgment and when they get a recommendation from a close friend, they're much more likely to be convinced of it.

chastesoon, Mascara^Snake and Jens like this.
  7. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    3:30 PM
    I have absolutely no idea why the text has done that in my previous post!!!

lock667 likes this.
  8. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    I have listened to the podcast and it was quite interesting. I wonder if the interviewer realises that much of what she was talking about with the guy actually forms part of why male chastity works. Perhaps she does, as she goes on to talk about normal sexuality being overly obsessed with genital stimulation and doesn't take into account the rest of the body and senses. When you no longer can get penile stimulation you seek enjoyment in other ways. That is true for the guy with the spinal injury and equally so for someone locked up in a chastity device.

Giles_English likes this.
  9. harddenial

harddenial Member

UK near London
    Local Time:
    The two items were put together in the same podcast so perhaps were seen as related, but like you say there was no explicit connection of the two. An opportunity missed. The interviewer makes jokey comments continually in this and other podcasts in the series, which seem contrived at times but are probably there to ease discussion of edgy subjects.

10. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    I would have to say that from everything I've seen, in the wider, non-fetish oriented world, we here are an extraordinary minority. I also don't understand why some have this expectation that we should all be going around prostletizing, like some Mormon adolescent going door to door begging people to let him read them the Bible. Do people of other sexual proclivities do that? Not really, so why should we? I for one am not interested in being a spokesperson. And it has nothing to do with being "closeted". Every one of the friends with whom I would normally talk sex knows about my cage and our fun. (And not one of them could even picture what I was describing until I googled them an example. Further, none showed any real interest, beyond jealousy of how happy our sex life is.)

I think it's too easy to get so wrapped up in the lifestyle that we start projecting our perception of its normalcy out to the rest of the world. Outside of CM, fetlife, and maybe a few other internet based communities, I've never heard a thing about male chastity.

@ChasteHubby2015 is one my favorite members, and often contributes to @Thatgirl 's threads, so please don't take offense - but I just don't see what you seem to see. I've never seen male chastity mentioned in any substantive way in mainstream anything. And if sales of cages number more than a few hundred thousand, MAYBE a million or so, I'd be surprised, but I'd also point out how small that number really is. For one thing, we've purchased at least 4 ourselves at this point! Beyond that, adventurous couples buy lots of "sex toys", and most end up in a night stand drawer after a few uses. I'd imagine the number of people living the lifestyle is extraordinarily small. There's only one other chastity based forum that I'm aware of, and it's one of the least active forums I've ever seen. The idea that soon a majority of couples we encounter will know about, or be practicing male chastity is quite outlandish to me. I may be wrong though.

Why can't we be happy with our sex lives? Why can't we feel lucky we found something that works for us? Why are we so obsessed with the idea that we're part of some secret movement sweeping the nation(s)? It's an odd tendency I've noticed, and I don't get it. I for one like the idea that what we do is exceedingly rare in the real world.

As always: just my .02

11. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    I think there are many different ways of using chastity within a relationship or as an individual. For some it is fun, for others absolutely serious and for some a mixture of both. I'm in the both camp. Anyway, for those who believe in female supremacy their dearest wish is that the female of the species should take over and run things for everyone, not just them. Sadly I don't think the patriarchal western society we are part of is ready for such a monumental shift.

I am definitely submissive to my Wife and I am wanting to develop our relationship further into an FLR. That doesn't mean that I believe all women are superior or that all men should be submissive. I certainly don't think that society is inevitably heading towards an FLS, a female led society.

ddh067 likes this.
  12. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    All good points (including those in the rest of the post)!

I like the idea of spread the word for several reasons.

• It benefits us existing wearers. The bigger the market, the better and cheaper the devices.
    • It benefits people like us who are just starting out. They are my brothers in kink.
    • I get a kick out of imagining other people discovering and enjoying my kink.

chastesoon likes this.
  13. CagedAnimal2

CagedAnimal2 Long term member

MA, USA
    Local Time:
  14. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    With regards to being a spokesperson for chastity I would like to have the opportunity to put an honest account of how chastity can work in a loving relationship. There isn't much in mainstream media and what I have seen hasn't really put a good light on things. It tends to be sensationalist and, like this example of someone who is supposed to be a sex educator, tends to poke fun and ridicule the practice.

But we know better. And even if it is a rare way of doing things I am glad that I have discovered it.

Thatgirl likes this.
  15. ChasteHubby2015

ChasteHubby2015 Male Feminist

USA
    Local Time:
    4:45 AM
    I respect your opinion, but I would argue that your viewpoint is somewhat narrow. Male chastity is not just some sexual fetish, it isn't the final objective for those of us interested in proliferating the practice; rather, it's a tool used in conjunction with a greater objective: to popularize the idea of female led relationships (FLR).

I think Western society has already embrassed the concepts that are the foundation for any healthy FLR: female assertiveness, female independence, female leadership, female empowerment, and gender role reversal (e.g. stay at home dad). Dominant women are now looked up to and young women are encouraged to be more dominant, while young men are encouraged to be more respectful of and less sexually objectifying of women.

With that said, I think this upsurge in female empowerment is creating an environment which is receptive to the ideas and principles of a FLR, which includes the practice of male chastity. Male chastity isn't just some sexual fetish game, it's a real world method that women can utilize to help with the implementation of a FLR.

When I say male chastity is getting more popular, it's because it's come a long way in the last 20 years, a lot more people now have heard of male chastity than in years past. I've been reading a lot of user reviews on Amazon for male chastity devices from women who had never even heard of it a year ago. Believe me, a lot more people are delving into it that you might think and the number continues to grow.

Does all of this mean that you we all have an obligation to proliferate the practice within society, of course not, however, when a woman living the bliss of a FLR with enforced chastity sees a female friend of hers suffering ina relationship from the effects of male inattentiveness and insensitivity, then it becomes somewhat of a morale obligation for her to inform her friend of a healthy alternative lifestyle. I've heard from numerous women online that they first heard about FLR and male chastity from a friend, that they would have never even considered the idea if it didn't come so highly recommend from their friend, and that they wish they heard about it years ago.

In closing, I just wanted to reiterate that enforced male chastity isn't some sexual fetish for many of us, especially women, it's a way in which we can literally make the world a better place, one couple and one FLR at a time.

16. salonslave

salonslave I play for a living and work for fun.

SW Louisiana, USA
    Local Time:
    3:45 AM
    My wife and I consider all
    our sexual intimacy to be private. That is why even among members in this club we remain anonymous - and we are on the leading edge of acceptance.
    Now if we aren't willing to tell each other our real names until and unless we have inteacted privately, how can we expect someone to come out to the world at this time?
    It would likely take a mainstream movie to shake things loose a bit.
    Any screenwriters here?
    While 50 Shades of gray was unrealistic, it did have a broad appeal.
    Perhaps in a sequel she will require him to wear a chastity belt. Maybe she will open a cabinet with many different types on display and choose one for Mr Gray! One can hope!
    Ss

kellysbitch and Jasmic68 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice