Help needed for DIY project

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by HenkieY, Sep 4, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. HenkieY

HenkieY Safely locked

Webdeveloper
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    7:16 PM
    Hi all,

Lately me and my Lady have been doing some DIY work and created some pretty fun things. One of those is a 'mummification board'.
    What we did is take a big wooden plate, cut out my shape, lined it with foam and put leather over it. Of course it's raised of the ground so she can actually mummify me on to the board.
    It works quite well, and it has given us some more ideas.

But now I'm in need for help. I'm a computer programmer myself and know next to nothing about working with wood and metal. One of the ideas we have is secure the board upright against the wall, so she can wrap me onto it standing up.
    Another idea is to so kind of a suspension bondage with the board.

What I hope some people can help me with is figure out what I can use to create something like that. I have some general ideas about the way to make it, but I have no idea about how much weight metal pipes or wooden planks can hold. Or what kind of stuff to use to secure something to a wall or ceiling.

So I'm hoping someone can help me out here. :)

Thanks a lot!

2. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    2:16 PM
    Wow
    I'd suggest you do some web searches on basic carpentry, and on managing loads.
    I'd also suggest that any site you run across that uses drywall screws for load boarding applications that you immediately leave as they most likely have no idea of what they're doing as drywall screws are not for heavy loads.

That said, you need to use heavy duty wood screws, or lag bolts to get into the studs. From there your other mission is to distribute any loads. After that you're pretty much open to whatever works for you as you're not suspending anyone or suggesting anything really odd.

Also keep in mind that static loads such as securing a person that isn't moving requires less screws, and holding force than a dynamic load where someone is tugging against chains or moving as their whipped.in either case though you want to overbuild things with a safety factor in so whatever you build doesn't come apart.

Oh and as great as PVC pipe is it's also not good for load bearing applications. If you use pipe use black pipe or some other similar heavy duty pipe.

Without knowing what you want. It's hard to come up with a specific design. But usually 2x material is used for framing so it'll work for most apps like you describe. For pipe you'll need either to drill through it or use heavy duty clamps.

3. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Rather depends on your budget too.
    An over head bed/bath hoist attached to the joists through your ceiling might do the trick re the standing up thing.
    Mummify you on the floor and lift... even spin

Also would you have to attach to a dry wall? Do you not have any brick walls in the right place

Some of those hoists are freestanding.. some with wheels.
    Hell she could mummify you on the floor pick you up and take you anywhere
    Even hang you out of the window on Halloween

Seriously if you are thinking of rigging up something load bearing and your diy knowledge/skills are not that hot consider getting someone in
    Or have the overhead hoist type things professionally installed.

4. HenkieY

HenkieY Safely locked

Webdeveloper
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    @tomf_22033 and @filltee, thanks a lot for your replies. Let me try to address the things you said/suggests.

First of all, let me clarify that it's not like I don't have any diy knowledge/skills. I know how to use the tools and I know some basic stuff. The main problem for me currently is that I'm having difficulties finding out what will hold the loads we're planning.

Luckily we don't have any drywall in our house, it's all brick walls, so we should be good on that part.

Currently I'm thinking about using steel tubes used for scaffolding to create this. But I'm not sure if the basic mounts used for those are good enough to hold the weight, or that they're just for building furniture or something.

For the actual hoisting I do plan on buying something for that, so she doesn't have to use muscle power to hoist me up. But for now the first thing I'd like to try is secure the mummification board to the wall.

5. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    My pm to you I wrote before seeing this. I stand by waht I said in the pm.
    The poles and fixings look fine and attaching them to brick walls seems ok if you use the right fixings and place them well. Consider well the use of the fixings. ie. you have brick wallsso try to ensure not all the bolts from one bracket go into the same brick.. that sort of thing.

On completion I would test it by standing on it whilst in place with some weights or jerry cans full of water just to be sure before you are hoisted up in a mummified state.

As for the hoisting up there are a number of electric or manual hoists that would do the job. Electrical would be far easier and preferable one you can lower in a power cut. The chain pull ones are a little harder to use but the ratcheting noises of the chain may for some add a little drama building the suspense (no pun intended)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice