Another Courthouse Security Tale

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by HappilyLockedMan, Jan 28, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. HappilyLockedMan

HappilyLockedMan Long term member

Stamford, Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    1:07 PM
    I had some business to conduct in the local courthouse. I always carry a pocket knife and was concerned that I'd forget it and have a situation. I actually thought about it a lot. I didn't forget. I left the knife in my car, went into the building, emptied my pockets and walked through the magnet gate (if that's what it's called). The security guard, who was a woman, had me step aside and wanded me. "Okay, you can go," she said.

It was hours later that I realized I was in my cage. It's so much a part of my regular life that it didn't occur to me to be concerned that it would set off an alarm. I just didn't think about it.

I wonder why it didn't cause anything to beep? Is it because it's stainless steel? Many knives are stainless so that wouldn't make sense to me. Anyway, I'm glad I didn't have to deal with it.

2. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:07 AM
    The stainless steel used in good quality cages is grade 316, an austenic alloy that is largely non magnetic and thus does not register as much on magnetometers as the martensitic stainless steel grades 410, 420, etc that are used in quality cutlery. The latter are easily magnetized and not quite as good in corrosion resistance, but they can keep a fine edge, something grade 316 is pretty poor at.

3. HappilyLockedMan

HappilyLockedMan Long term member

Stamford, Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks Zorglub,
    You sound like you know your steel.

4. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    I can attest to this. I have a 316L stainless device from MaleChastityNow. I finally was brave enough to go through airport security in my full balltrap Contender cage. I’ve gone through in my GlansArmor2 without tripping the magnetometers.

My full Contender cage from Malechastitynow did not bother the metal detector at two airports.

My wife kept me in the cage during our trip door to door, and praised me for my behavior during the vacation. She’s now treating the Contender as something that calms me down and keeps me good. The GlansArmor required more self control for me not to grip and fondle my balls or lower shaft while I’m erect ... she has strict no touching rules. ​

If you don’t heat up 316L too much it won’t become magnetic.

5. Skinky

Skinky Member

Local Time:
    I was almost certain when me and my mistress we're going to enter the winter fest at our local amusement park that my cage would set the gates off.

The gate did indeed go off but it was due to the little pocket tool which I had forgotten was attached to my keys.

After removing my keys me and my cage made it through undetected :D

6. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    Hey there!

Funny story.... Yesterday I went to the shops. I went into one big department store with the sensor devices at the entrance... And the alarm went off!!!!!!

I was wearing my steel device as always!!!

I also had my keys in hand... Rather a big bunch!!!!

The team member said the sensors go off when there's metal close by!!!! So I waved my keys as a distraction!!!

There's no real security there... No risk of a pat down or anything!!! Plus I was going IN!!! So needless to say I was a tad worried for the exit as the same sensor things are located there too!!!

No a skerrick of a noise though!!!!

Can't confirm my device set off alarm... But thought this might make some people chuckle at least!!!

Kindest regards

J.

xcitex2, jshackleton2016 and LockedN8 like this.
  7. locked_top

locked_top Caged tiger

USA
    Local Time:
    12:07 PM
    Interesting. So if I check my Bon4 with a magnet, that might give me some idea.

8. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Man, what airports are y'all flying from that still use the magnetic detectors? My local has those glass scanning booths you walk have to stop in and turn sideways. It once picked up a couple of Altoid mints I had wedged in my pocket.

Although, a couple of years ago, Mrs Edge unlocked me and removed the cage for a flight. I took a fast shower, and forgot to remove the stainless steel cuff ring. They asked me to pass through the booth twice, then let me go.

It wasn't until getting ready for bed that night that I realized I was still wearing the ring. Obviously they spotted it; they were probably just not inclined to ask me to remove it.

9. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    I paid for the background check to kick it old school ;)... so I could go through the metal detectors rather than the imaging scanners. I’m surprised my Contender and GlansArmor 316L stainless is so nonferrous and low mass not to trip.

My belt buckle trips the metal detector.

Before I paid for the “fast lane”, I would show up a little early, opt out of the scanner, and ask for a pat down. I did give up for a while and just went through the imaging scanner... but only in PA jewelry, not chastity. I’ve had pat downs in chastity and it’s never been a problem.

The only time I got pulled to a private room for a more in-depth inspection was after I got pierced. No story there. No one looked at my junk. It wasn’t sexy. Sorry folks.

10. LockedN8

LockedN8 Long term member

Retired
    London, UK
    Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    Metal detectors, such as those used in airports, will detect ANY metal, not just those that can be magnetised. So using a magnet on your chastity device is not going to tell you whether or not the metal detector will be triggered by it. The criteria for whether your device will be detected are, as others have said, the amount of metal in the device and how sensitive the detector is.

Rectrix likes this.
  11. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    #11 zorglub, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Actually, different metals produce different magnetic echo strengths in response to the pulses sent by the typical gate-style airport metal detector, and it takes much less of a ferromagnetic steel mass to exceed the detection threshold than a less magnetizable steel. So yes, a massive 316 cage is likely to be detected anyway, but a minimalist one (the MCN Contender is a good example of such a design) is likely to pass below threshold whereas a tiny knife blade of even lesser weight/volume would still trip the detector. By the way, some other metals produce an even lesser echo at similar volume (e.g. titanium, which I guess is a good thing for wearers of titanium bone implants :)).

12. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    A metal detector works by transmitting an electromagnetic field. If a metal is completely non-magnetic, it won’t be detected. It’s pretty simple. If it’s somewhat ferrous, it may be detected depending on the field strength and the setting on the device.

I’m not sure how you think a metal detector works and what it’s sensitive to, otherwise.

We’ll break out Maxwell’s equations later ;)

13. LockedN8

LockedN8 Long term member

Retired
    London, UK
    Local Time:
    If I read these comments on Quora correctly then non-ferrous metals can be easily detected: https://qr.ae/TDd2vi

14. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    What confuses things is that there are 3 main technologies used in metal detectors and they do not have the same detection properties.
    • Beat Frequency Oscillation detectors (the oldest style) essentially react to the change in inductance of a coil when a metal object comes within range. These react much more strongly to ferromagnetism than mere electrical conductivity. They also do not discriminate well between a close small object and a distant large one.
    • Very Low Frequency detectors have two concentric coils that act much like radio antennas. One emits an electromagnetic wave that causes eddy currents in conductive materials within range. These eddy currents result in the material emitting a wave of similar frequency that is detected by the second coil. For these detectors, ferromagnetism is not much of a factor whereas electric conductivity is. By measuring phase differences between emitted and received wave, these detectors can actually discriminate between the signatures of different target materials.
    • Pulse Induction detectors (the type used most commonly in portal-style detectors) emit very short pulses and measure the time delay of the echoing pulses sent back by metals subjected to the original electromagnetic pulse. By measuring the minuscule delay between pulse and echo, they can estimate the distance to the object, which allows for good control over the detection range (so, for instance, a metallic object outside the portal can be ignored, regardless of mass). But like BFO detectors (albeit to a lesser degree), they have a bias towards ferromagnetic materials, and because they lack the discrimination capabilities of VLF detectors, they cannot adjust their detection thresholds for different materials.

Peter Rabbit, LockedN8 and Tom Allen like this.
  15. sissy_connie

sissy_connie Long term member

professional
    Local Time:
    Well that is probably a good way to kicked off jury duty.

16. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    Excellent research. I can’t say if i have been through both VLF and PI detectors, but I bet the airport kind were PI, since they are often used for portal type detectors.

Since stainless steel is 1/10th as good of a conductor than iron and carbon steel, I’m guessing that high quality (316L / jewelry grade) stainless also gets past conductivity tests.

https://www.thoughtco.com/table-of-electrical-resistivity-conductivity-608499

This may explain why my Contender cage made it through but my belt buckle didn’t.

17. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Just glad I don’t have to deal with them!

18. Doczilla421

Doczilla421 Long term member

Firefighter
    North Carolina
    Local Time:
    Will it become magnetic if heated?

19. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    This explains why I can't sharpen my cage.

Chaste J. likes this.
  20. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    So if I wear a titanium device it’s less likely to be detected?

21. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    Yes, it can. That’s correct. So, I guess depending on the welding, or if a part is heated up while being worked, it might pick up some magnetism.

Doczilla421 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice