Question- Ring Size Approach with a PA

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Holdingout1, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Holdingout1

Holdingout1 Member

Local Time:
    11:35 AM
    Hi there - thought I would tap into the collective wisdom of CM to help answer a question I’ve been wondering about…

Usually belt makers recommend getting the smallest ring size possible, presumably to prevent pull out….but this has its disadvantages with comfort (ball burn, waking up at night, etc)

For those of you with PAs are you able to go with a larger (more comfortable) ring size given that the security for pull out has been handled??

2. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    9:35 AM
    With a PA for security, the rear ring on the device serves to support the weight of the device so that the piercing is not burdened. The rear ring also serves a purpose to restrict erections, assuming that the cage / tube of the device is of the proper length and girth.

3. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    6:35 PM
    I went for the smallest possible ring, that I could wear with no discomfort while being errect. This is much larger than smallest possible I could get in.

But with a PA it is all about comfort, and even with the smallest possible ring, I could still pull out with no issues.

4. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    5:35 PM
    That's a very good question. I guess the ring can't be too big because then it hangs down and the weight is on the piercing. Unless... you get an extra short cage that accounts for the hanging-down? It might look a bit silly (top half of the penis outside the cage) though.

5. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    6:35 PM
    I think the ring should be small enough to carry the weight of the cage and prevent erections.

Slutty Susan likes this.
  6. Holdingout1

Holdingout1 Member

Local Time:
    11:35 AM
    This was my thought exactly….i’m actually exploring this for a retained ring vs PA but if the weight of the cage is handled & security is handled it seems like comfort is next. Thanks for the input

Iron78 likes this.
  7. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    12:35 PM
    I ended up getting a comfortable ring, and a shorter cage.

The Contender at MaleChastityNow is an open design made from narrower 316L rods than you’ll find elsewhere.

A tight base ring is often used to prevent the cage from drawing down and slipping from excess weight. I found the Lori cages to be very weighty.

There should be no pulling down or tugging back on the piercing. It doesn’t really carry the weight. It prevents pull out.

The nice thing with MCN is that I asked for a smaller base ring, and I could make subtle tweaks to the post angle to adjust the ball gap. After years of trying to step down to 1-5/8” from 1-3/4”, I gave up… the ball burn was a constant struggle. I don’t want to be constantly using anti-chafing cream, or tugging on my balls.

So I emailed and asked for a size right in the middle.

Holdingout1 and Iron78 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice