Wanting to try a smaller cage?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Innominate, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Innominate

Innominate Member

Local Time:
    1:37 AM
    Everyone on here has been very helpful and I’m hoping someone can help guide me on this issue.

Current cage dimensions:
    Cage length (76mm / 3”)
    Inner cage width (38mm / 1.5”)
    Inner ring diameter (44mm / 1.75”)
    Gap (25mm / 1”)

I’m a grower. The majority of the time I’m touching the end of the cage. Sometimes not, so I’ve tried a few different shorter cages through the year. They all made it so the ring pulled most of the time due to daily size fluctuation and they made it so that it was hard to go to the bathroom; to the point that I was compressed enough at average daily length that I could barely pee.

I haven’t been able to get night wearing down due to burning waking me up constantly. I have a support strap to help, but it hasn’t done much. I know to help alleviate this, it’s recommended to go shorter, but then I can’t go to the washroom in the middle of the night to calm things down.

If I were to get a shorter cage but have it wider, could that help? Is there anything else I could try?

Thank you for having a read.

MadameJs_boo likes this.
  2. Mr_anonymous

Mr_anonymous Long term member

Local Time:
    12:37 AM
    Wider definitely helps with shorter. Lotion around base ring a couple times a day helps a ton with burning. Sleeping through the night was just a matter of pushing through in my case.

MadameJs_boo and JaySaysYes like this.
  3. Innominate

Innominate Member

Local Time:
    Any recommendations on where to find a large diameter cage? Most of the ones I’ve seen aren’t terribly wide

4. Mr_anonymous

Mr_anonymous Long term member

Local Time:
    12:37 AM
    Most larger diameter ones not custom I've seen are also longer. My cage before this one was great for diameter something like 1.7 inches but also long and kinda bulky. I'm sure some exist if you go down rabbit hole without going custom. Might be a long search though.

Innominate likes this.
  5. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    9:37 PM
    It sounds like you are battling classic "ball burn" at night. The scrotum skin gets angry if it is subjected to pressure from the base ring for too long without a break. In my experience, there are several things you can do that should help.

1. Apply some A&D Ointment on the scrotum skin where it touches the base ring. This ointment helps the skin recover from trauma, and it contains a natural lubricant so the skin will move around a bit and thus spend less time with the base ring pushing on the same piece of skin.
    2. Arrange the scrotum skin so that there are no folds where it touches the big base ring. There will certainly be extra skin, and this should be pushed to the edges so the extra skin is at the ends of the arc made by the ball gap.
    3. If you are woken up by ball burn, try moving base ring up or down a bit on the scrotum, so it is now pushing on a different piece of skin. This lets the piece of skin that was previously being pressed on by the base ring recover.
    In my experience, the situation gradually improves over the course of several months. At the start, I was woken several times a night by ball burn. Now I can sleep through the night, at least until the morning wood makes its attempt to break out of the cage.

Good luck

6. Innominate

Innominate Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for commenting; I appreciate it. Yes, nighttime erections and constant pulling is what’s causing me issues. I have zero issues during the day. Gym, work, doesn’t seem to bother anything at all. My wife is going to pick another night this week to start trying nights again.

1mlockedup likes this.
  7. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    10:37 PM
    HI, the ball burn is being caused by the gap between the ring and the cage being too small. We sale a sizing kit that will help you to get your correct sizes. It gives you the best chance of getting your sizes right the first time. Here is a link to the sizing kit Plastic Sizing Rings - Mature Metal
    Thank You!!!

Innominate likes this.
  8. Innominate

Innominate Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for commenting. I’ve already enlarged the gap and have zero burning issues during the day. It seems as it’s from continuously pushing on the cage throughout the night causing constant pulling that’s not there during the day.

I’ll definitely have a look at your site. Things get pretty expensive buying/shipping in CAD and then getting stuck with duties at the border.

mistressmaturemetal likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice