BAW BA-31P with glans retainer ring and in purple

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by Iron78, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Vance

Vance Long term member

Local Time:
    10:27 AM
    Thank you for that feedback!!!! Those contenders look like beautiful devices. It’s too bad that the glans ring doesn’t better solve the ability to pullout.

2. Holdingout1

Holdingout1 Member

Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    I’ve wondered if may the solution to the retainer ring issue is a material that is more elastic, meaning it can expand as you get hard but it shrinks back as you are more soft. I think this could solve the problem of bruising but alas I don’t know a material that would work or where to get it in such a specific ring size

I’ve thought the smart sensor on a belt was a natural solve to the pull out problem which would update status to a phone app for your keyholder but alas I’ve been waiting for years. The quest continues

3. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    6:27 PM
    I think now with the world of 3d printers and hobbyist electronics it should be fairly easy to create a smallish device that clips to a cage and registers if a pull out has occurred I guess the hard bit would be a trick proof way of sensing.

hardbodysub and Holdingout1 like this.
  4. handsolo

handsolo Long term member

Local Time:
    1:27 PM
    I've been trying out plumbing O-rings. They aren't as flexible as you're describing, but since they are for potable water supplies, they are body safe, and their mallebility means they don't need a hinge, which contributes to pinching IMO, and because they will readily deform, they can be a larger size than a rigid ring, as they will collapse narrower if pulled on. Their flexibility is also an impediment to reinsertion if an escape attempt is successful.

I might get a BAWR cage with a ring-type attachment, but with a split ring type loop at the end, such that I could swap in whatever ring I wanted. I've had better luck with my recent tetherspout purchase from BAWR though, so that might be the answer. Perhaps my failures with OG tetherspouts were due to sensitinity to the alloys used?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice