Just ordered a Queen's Keep

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by janders6, Mar 22, 2012.

1. janders6

janders6 Trying to work it

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    Just placed an order for a Mature Metal Queen's Keep. After a bit of saving, a lot of research, and several fun discussions with my wife/KH we agreed that we liked the look of the Queens Keep the best. Up until now I've been wearing a CB-6000s and we wanted to move into something more secure that seems to offer better hygiene.

We debated about the security screw for on the QK and had not really made up our minds on it, but when I was placing the order I said to heck with it and ordered the high security screw. I think that will be a nice little surprise for the wife/kh when it arrives.To date my longest lockup had been 14 days, we are hoping that I can work up to a month at a time with the QK.

I ordered the sizing rings and really paid attention to the measuring instructions and comments I had seen on here about getting the fit right. So, I have my fingers crossed I got it right (I was honest with the measurements, seeing that I was putting out a fair amount of $$$ for us I was not going to lie or cheat here).

So, let the jonesing for my new cage begin.

2. DorkyLittleBitch

DorkyLittleBitch Active member

Local Time:
    Congradulations. I myself am the proud owner of the Jailbird Model. All I can tell you is once you get the base ring correct, you can wear it indefinitey. I finally got it right on the third try, and it was worth it. I iniitially wore it for three months, but Mistress was not pleased with my performance in bed after that, so she has adabpted how it is used. I could have worn it for a much longer time. The trick is to get passed the adjustment period. Well best of luck!

3. muttlyvb

muttlyvb Long term member

Virginia Beach, VA
    Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    You will love the queens Keep.

4. janders6

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    We're going with the attitude that it looks good, meets our desires, and is far more substantial than one fo the CB-x series. Don't get us wrong, the Millers are an excellent entry point, but we wanted something that we could really use to explore longer lockups with. I threw the idea of saving up for a full belt out to the wife/kh a couple of times but she never showed an interest in it or rejected it based on appearance.

5. Vithryld

Vithryld Slave

Local Time:
    10:41 PM
    In my humble opinion, I do think that the aesthetics of the Queen's Keep are the best out of the line. My keyholder thankfully agrees, and we are very pleased with its performance thus far.

I think you both made the right decision (in more ways that one!)

6. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:41 AM
    Congratulations. Can't wait to hear the review :)

7. MikeyLikes

MikeyLikes Active member

Bus driver
    Calgary, AB
    Local Time:
    11:41 PM
    I know I've really enjoyed my QK. I typically wear it for a week straight, taking it off on the weekend for a thorough shave of the (small) areas that are missed.

Had a couple of minor bouts of irritation, but that was largely due to the type of pants I was mostly wearing then (blue jeans). Once I got back to working in the office and wearing trousers, no problems.

8. janders6

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    My QK arrived yesterday. I was amazed at how sturdy it was and how it actually was not as heavy as I was fearing. You can definitely tell the craftsmanship that goes into making them.

Last night was one more fling with my wife before starting the break-in period for the QK. So, I've had it on for a little over 12 hours now. After one day I can say that it is amazingly more comfortable than a CB-3000 or CB-6000s ever was for me. I had planned on only doing a few hours, take it off, head to a baseball game this evening, and then try it out for the night. But with how comfortable it was initially I decided to chance wearing it to the baseball game. Even with the temp being in the low 40s and a strong breeze cutting through the stands at the game it was not uncomfortable at all. I never could have made it through a ball game with one of the CB devices on.

So, my initial reaction is positive overall. Only minor thing was the difficulty in getting the security screw started. But I had a heads up from another forum posting about that and knew I would need to be patient. And just like them, this was the first time I had it on and the first time I had tried putting the screw in as well. So, lets see what happens when I have a few more attempts at putting it on.

9. MikeyLikes

MikeyLikes Active member

Bus driver
    Calgary, AB
    Local Time:
    11:41 PM
    You'll get better with starting the security screw. Although I've never actually timed myself, I'll bet I'm usually back into the device in less than 30 seconds.

I wear mine full time, and am considering sending it back to have a smaller base ring made up.

10. janders6

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    Removed it for an inspection yesterday. No issues after 48 hours of wear and putting it back on was not a problem. I got the security screw started almost right away, so I can definitely see that a few more goes and it will be real quick and easy. If things continue going this smooth I'll be handing the "keys" over to my wife/kh later this week.

I ordered the 2 inch base ring. I had ordered the sizing rings ahead of time and really took my time checking the sizes. The 2 inch one was tight enough not to slip off but not so tight as to pinch or become uncomfortable. I was satisified with my size choice when I was able to wear the sizing ring for several days straight with no discomfort. I went with the standard gap and a 2 1/4 cage length. Overall it fits fairly snug to the body, which is definitely a lot better than the CB-x000 series ones I had tried in the past.

11. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    6:41 AM
    I'm sure it'll be better when you've handed the key over...

12. locked4her55

locked4her55 Seasoned Member

Local Time:
    1:41 AM

I just sent my JB back to MM to actually move up one size in the base ring. I wore the 1 3/4" for two days and developed a sore at the base so I am hoping the move up to a 1 7/8" will solve the problem. Feeling rather naked without a CD on and the wife/KH doesn't want to see me in plastic ever again. :sad0125:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice