In The Mood

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by seph, Apr 27, 2013.

Random Thread
  1. seph

seph Member

Local Time:
    5:27 PM
    Hi all!

Fairly serriuz topic, but will try to keep it light :3

So i'm very new to chastity and i want to make sure i can live up to my promises. Long story short: i suffer from depression. Not always, but it happens. i have "dark" periods, during which...well, i "beat the meat" quite a lot. Mostly cus i don't have to motivation to do much of anything else, but also because well, it helps!

"Knocking off a crafty one" floods you with endorphins, regulates mood and such, and i'm worried that going from "lots" to "zero" really won't help my mental wellbeing.

Does anyone have experience with this? Obviously everyones a bit different, but it'd be great to have a heads up on mental changes i can expect.

ty for reading <3

2. Neanderthal

Neanderthal Member

New England
    Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    Seph

It's hard for me to know where to start on this. I have been suffering from both severe depression and chronic pain for the past 6 years. I'm not going to go into it, it's just too upsetting to others, but suffice to say that the combination of personal loss and a truly horrendous form of arthritis had pushed me to the edge. Like you I found that the endorphins and distraction of masturbation were one of the few things that made things a least temporarily a little more bearable but at 50 plus masturbating more than twice a day was unsustainable. I talked to my wife and told her that I wanted to try a mild slave/master relationship to distract me from everything, basically I was desperate and had to do something. A combination of orgasm denial (I started off on a CB600S too) and some mild role playing by me wife gave me something to focus on and did help.

This winter was very hard on me physically and so we are going to give it another try. Yeah it's largely fantasy/role playing but at this point in my life reality is highly overrated.

If you have clinical depression I don't know if you will get the same benefit but for me having the JB on 24/7 is being a very interesting distraction also the residual horniness that builds up seems to take the edge of the despair. One thing, I can't tell if you are in this with someone but for me I know that it would have quickly become just another burden without the support and humor of my KeyHolder / wife.

3. seph

seph Member

Local Time:
    Thank you ever so much for your earnest reply. i hadn't really thought of it in that way - as a focus. Having something to throw your energies into definitely helps :)

4. seph

seph Member

Local Time:
    While i very definitely do not get enough vitamin d (hsssssssss, the sun!) it's definitely an emotional thing. i swing about like the proverbial cat (or was the point of that saying the lack of swinging? :3)

5. Neanderthal

Neanderthal Member

New England
    Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    A pleasure and I hope it helps. Knightservant's advice definitely applies to me . I have always had a mild case of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) brought on by the lack of sunlight. Took me years to recognize it and every little bit helped.

and by the way

Nice legs ;)

6. seph

seph Member

Local Time:
    *blushes* thank you!

7. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    Clinical depression can lead to many serious illnesses. I would advise anyone with it to see a doctor.

8. seph

seph Member

Local Time:
    Good advice - thank You

Counselling helped me a good deal :)

9. Caged Wolf

Caged Wolf A Wolf, even caged, is still a Wolf.

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    9:27 AM
    I also suffer from mild depression, and notice it more during longer stretches without release (4-8 days), Serving my Mistress's help, and they are aware and watch for my dark moods, and nudge me back toward a better place.

I have some medical issues, nothing severe, but back and neck issues, etc, and live with a low grade pain, plus going through a finacially difficult period right now. Having to recover from some unplanned major expenses last year, and being in a dead end job with lower pay and no benefits don't help my mood.

I use products from Avdocare to help my mood and health, and it helps considerably, but the best thing for me is having 2 devoted Mistress's watching over me, reminding me that part of my service to them is to take care of myself and to remain in a proper state of mind to be able to fulfill my responsibilities.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice