Bon4

Discussion in 'Bon4' started by Kittling, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Kittling

Kittling Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
  2. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    12:46 AM
    Never heard of it until i got an email today from them - not sure how they got my address and knew of my interest in Chastity.

Is it not the birdlock under another name?

3. PuppyMastersPet

PuppyMastersPet Long term member

Local Time:
    Ditto, The e-mail address they sent the message is one I don't associate with Chastity web sites to. Very strange.

4. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    10:46 AM
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with that.. I got the spam email too.

Just a tip for those guys though; sending unsolicited emails to me makes me LESS likely to be interested in your product

5. hollytv

hollytv Junior Member

Local Time:
    I imagine it's somehow related to tickleberry. I must admit I am interested.

6. PuppyMastersPet

PuppyMastersPet Long term member

Local Time:

Yeah, if you have purchased anything from Tickleberry you may get the e-mail, they either sell on details or are directly connected to this bon4 company.

7. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Just did some research on this and it turns out, bon4 is owned by the same people who own tickleberry.

So they are using all of the email addresses of their customers, and sending out advertising emails to advertise their new site.

8. hollytv

hollytv Junior Member

Local Time:
    http://www.tickleberry.co.uk/p/chastity-devices/bon4-male-chastity-device/chs067.html Not good form though, should at least mention their interests. Actually, they are the same company. I wonder if this is why they stopped selling the birdlocked?

9. TomB

TomB Junior Member

Local Time:
    zomg first post ;D

I too am interested in the new Bon4. If you watch the re-direct from the email they send it goes to tickleberry and then to their site; so I'd have to agree they're affiliated with tickleberry.

Does anyone have any experience of the bon4? it looks like an improved (or atleast new) version of the birdlocked? Looks intruiging to be sure :)

10. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    They are not 'affiliated' with tickleberry. They ARE tickleberry. The owner of tickleberry are the owners of bon4.co.uk.

They simply took all of their customers email addresses, and emailed them from their bon4.co.uk account.

11. TomB

TomB Junior Member

Local Time:
    Yer seems both domains were registered by Elizabeth Finnis, both addresses are the same at PO37 6PL, both owned by Vectis Vivendi Ltd. Crikey it's taken me 2 posts to turn into a nosey bugger ;D Anyone would have thought I'd have something better to do?

So anyway? Anyone actually tried a bon4?

12. gabby

gabby Lets try this all again

Local Time:
    11:46 AM
    Hi guys.. Wow.. even i got this. and I'm not a member of tickleberry. Never bought anything from there. I am however on Fetlife.

gabby :cat:

13. golfrog

golfrog Junior Member

Local Time:
    So, now that we know the BON4 is made by the owners of Tickleberry, and that we agree their email advertisement campaign was poorly done, what about the device itself?

I was thinking of buying a bigger 50 mm Birdlocked, and the BON4 appears to be just perfect for my needs. A few millimeters bigger than the Birdlocked in cage diameter and ring sizes, and most importantly with a choice of rings (I'm interested in the 52 mm, but maybe the 47 mm will work too). The nice packaging can't hurt. However, it is 16 mm longer overall, and I sure hope the fixing arms won't pop out of their notches in the ring.

I'm about to order one, we'll see how it goes.

14. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    Sadly, too big for me. Birdlocked was too big for me. I doubt the mini would actually be much better. Almost considering making my own silicone moulding for a perfect fit. Still not sure that would actually be effective, however.

15. Slave_Rico

Slave_Rico Junior Member

Local Time:
    Bon4 a single copy of the silicon cage "Birdlocked" ?

I have a cage with silicone "Birdlocked" for over 1 year. I find it very comfortable because as it is silicone it is very comfortable compared with the rigid cage. I have not bought this model Bon4 "but it seems very similar to the model Birdlocked" in shape, closure system everything seems to think a copy of the template Birdlocked. Just one difference I see. It is in two parts. This is an advantage over the original because it comes with 3 rings but from experience, if the model must be ordered with Birdlocked the right size it is manufactured in one piece. Logically, it will be stronger and no risk of pinching the skin. I never lend my cage so no interest to have multiple sizes of rings.

16. Slave_Rico

Slave_Rico Junior Member

Local Time:
    Bon4 a single copy of the silicon cage "Birdlocked" ?

I have a cage with silicone "Birdlocked" for over 1 year. I find it very comfortable because as it is silicone it is very comfortable compared with the rigid cage. I have not bought this model Bon4 "but it seems very similar to the model Birdlocked" in shape, closure system everything seems to think a copy of the template Birdlocked. Just one difference I see. It is in two parts. This is an advantage over the original because it comes with 3 rings but from experience, if the model must be ordered with Birdlocked the right size it is manufactured in one piece. Logically, it will be stronger and no risk of pinching the skin. I never lend my cage so no interest to have multiple sizes of rings.

17. golfrog

golfrog Junior Member

Local Time:
    As I wrote, I have a Birdlocked too, back from when only one size was available.

The 45 mm ring is too small for me (as it was for many others on this forum), cutting blood circulation and only allowing to wear the device for an hour or so before the skin takes a worrying colour and temperature. The penis cage itself was not much of a problem, but caused some skin buildup because of its size, a lesser problem several other persons experienced.

You are correct that the existence of several Birdlocked size variants now solves the size issues (except the penis cage skin buildup, because no bigger cages are available), at a cost of about 100 per attempt. The BON4 solves the same issues by allowing customers to make several attempts (or even vary "pleasures") for about the price of one Birdlocked.

There are other differences though. You say that the Birdlocked, being made from one piece, is stronger and more durable. This is not my experience. I find the Birdlocked is somewhat fragile at the point where the cage meets the ring. If you follow the Birdlocked instructions (insert testicles while the cage is turned down, then rotate the cage up), but do it badly, by holding the cage rather than the ring, there is a risk of tearing the Birdlocked at that junction. This is not unlikely, because it is much easier to rotate it the bad way rather than the right way. Thankfully I saw the problem before doing any damage. The BON4 does not have this issue.

Also, once the ring is in place and the cage is up, it is somewhat hard to properly insert the penis into the cage, especially for long-term locking. With the BON4, this looks much easier.

I don't know if skin pinching will be an issue, but considering I just ordered one BON4, I might soon get an answer to that. :)

18. icarus_101

icarus_101 Babygirl

Local Time:
    It's basicallt the same as the birdlock. Immaterial how they got you, the question was "What's its like?"

Well, its silicon, held on by a plastic strap and hence I reckon it is as escapeable as an open plastic bag.

BirdLock/Bon4? A rose, by any other name....

19. JakkZone

JakkZone Junior Member

Local Time:
    My Early Review of the BON4 compared with the Birdlocked

Hello I have been lurking for ages but this is my first post.

I own quite a few different devices. 2 weeks ago I bought a Birdlocked from www.birdlocked.com, and after a volcanic ash delay, it arrived Monday. The appeal of the Birdlocked for me was the silicone material. I do a lot of cycling and visit the gym so I thought a silicone device would better suit my lifestyle. I then received the tickleberry email about the BON4 and that got me interested, so much so that I ordered and received mine yesterday. I now have 2 silicone devices and just the one cock!

Here's my first thoughts

Overall the BON4 is much better made than the Birdlocked. It has a clean feel to it. The presentation box itself is really well done and gives the impression that a lot of thought went into that as well as the actual device. When the BON4 tube and ring are fitted together the whole assembly is bit longer than the Birdlocked. The BON4 tube is a little bit wider inside than the Birdlocked (overall I would say the BON4 tube is about the same size as the cb6000). When compared with the Birdlocked device the silicone material used for the BON4 is very striking, it is so different, much superior material and seems to be stronger too.

Putting the BON4 on

I usually wear a 40 mm ring but needed to move up to the BON4 middle size ring for a more comfortable fit. I think the rings are a little bit wide, so to make things easier I used a small amount of Baby Talc to the inside of the ring before putting it on. The tube went on easily with the help of a small dab of lube smeared inside it. My first attempt at threading the plastic strap through the arms of the tube and onto the ring was a bit clumsy, it's just a matter of finding the right technique through trial and error.

When on its a bit more bulky than a cb6000 because of the ring, but its flexible, so it sort of squashes naturally under jeans. The flexiness is something I really like about the silicone devices, it's a personal choice over a harder material like plastic or metal. I like not having something hard in my pants!! The flexiness is better at the gym and moves more naturally with my body.

Putting the Birdlocked on

For me the Birdlocked is the most difficult device to put on - ever! The problem is because the ring and tube form one piece. I used the baby talc technique inside the ring to help reduce the grippiness of the silicone, and then a bit of lube in the penis tube, getting that on was my problem. Again it's finding the right technique through trial and error. Once on the tube feels smaller than a cb6000 and I felt that the under arm running from the tube to the ring was too tight when compared with the BON4.

Side-by-Side thoughts

To the touch, running a finger or thumb over the devices give a very different feel. The silicone of the Birdlocked is rough or lumpy, whereas the silicone of the BON4 is smooth. By sight the BON4 wins again for me, it transparent (although not quite as transparent as a cb6000), the Birdlocked is a white-ish colour, it is see-through but definitely not 100% clear transparency. I would say when seen side-by-side the BON4 and the Birdlocked are not at all the same.

I shot a video yesterday of the 2 devices side by side before trying them on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tm9yNIhErw which shows how different they are.

These are my first thoughts. If anyone is interested I will write more after I've had a bit more time to wear and evaluate each. It's early days yet for a full comparison review.

At this point of initial impressions I would say if you're looking for a silicone device and have around 109 to spend I would use that on the BON4. If you prefer a more stiff material then there's all the regular devices to choose from.

Regarding the email situation from tickleberry and bon4.co.uk I have no problem with it. If they hadn't emailed we wouldn't know about this new chastity device and wouldn't have anything to complain about! Apart from the state of the economy, the price of petrol, paying the mortgage . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jakk
    Just My Opinion!

20. hollytv

hollytv Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks Jakk, it was useful to see the two products side by side, as well as against the CB6000. I think I've made the right choice, having ordered the bon4 device a few days ago, after spending a long time thinking about a birdlocked.
    I imagine it wont be too long before they bring out different sizes and hopefully a spiked cage part like the Birdlocked Pico.

My issues with the mailing was that, unlike the device, there was a lack of transparency. Where our details are passed onto by companies we purchase things from is always going to be a concern.

21. Slave_Rico

Slave_Rico Junior Member

Local Time:
    Comparison video: Bon4 and Birdlocked

I think this new company "Bon4" is bizarre. I think JakkZone work for Tikkleberry and does his advertising through this forum by posting a video comparison, featuring a product that is beautiful and a brand new cons Birdlocked used without the plastic rivet and strap. It's just a taste of comparative advertising doubtful! I think Birdlocked should react to this kind of method.
    After that, I was not surprised that JakkZone not be shocked to receive e-mails advertising.

22. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Slave_Rico - whilst I understand it may look dubious that JakkZone has not set up a full profile (neither have you by the way!) and this was his first post, we do give people here the benefit of the doubt.

Other members will make up their own mind once more reivews are posted.

JakkZone - I think people have issues about companies passing out their details, especially when they specifically say they WON'T.

Other than that, let's go back to complaining about volcanic ash, the electiion, etc, etc.

Have a good day both of you.

23. golfrog

golfrog Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the nice video JakkZone, the difference in appearance is striking! I have a black Birdlocked, and it is indeed made of a somewhat rough material, especially when compared to the very clear BON4. I'm excited now, and sad that I'll have to wait one week to get mine (because I'll be working away from home for a few days).

24. JakkZone

JakkZone Junior Member

Local Time:
    In Reply to SLAVE-RICO Comparison video: Bon4 and Birdlocked

I am surprised I have caused upset. All I wanted to do was give a review. I thought it might be helpful. I'm not connected with tickleberry or birdlocked or bon4

I enjoy the chastity lifestyle and have done so quietly for about 15 years. I have not shared my experiences on any other forum, and thought I would get involved here at ChastityMasion.

MY HISTORY Before the cb2000 there wasn't much choice in the UK for male chastity belts. Then it was impossible to get an off the shelf chastity device like today. It was possible to import a Remy Tube from the States, but internet shopping from overseas hadn't taken off so much as now. My first purchase in 1995 was a Tollyboy MB100. In those days if you wanted a good fitting belt the only option was to have one made-to-measure. So I visited Richard Davies in Sheffield who took a range of intimate measurements and made my first chastity belt. At the time it was perfect for me. Since then I have tried a NeoSteel belt and a range of chastity devices. I would never go back to wearing a belt. I'm now approaching my 50s my joints aren't so flexible as they were! For me personally any chastity belt is much too restrictive around my (expanding) waist, bending is near impossible, sitting down is difficult and going to the gym wearing it is just not worth thinking about!

Thankfully today we have much more choice and sharing our thoughts with each other can really help. Of course everyone will not agree with every review, but I didn't expect the sort of accusations SLAVE_RICO has made.

WHY I POSTED MY REVIEW I posted my review because many people had asked about the difference between the the Birdlocked and the BON4 and I thought I could shed some light on the subject.

My review is honest, it is my personal opinion, others will of course differ, it is human nature. I do not think I was unfair to any device.

We need to be able to review devices honestly and openly for them to be of use to others.

IN REPLY TO SLAVE-RICO In answer to Slave_Rico's comment about "the Birdlocked used without the plastic rivet and strap". So was the BON4 "used without the plastic rivet and strap". Neither device in my video has the plastic strap or rivet in place. I mentioned that on the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tm9yNIhErw about 1 minute 18 seconds.

If it is helpful I'll upload a photo of the Birdlocked and the BON4 both with their straps on (I will need to find out how to upload first).

Maybe Slave-Rico owns the the Birdlocked company and doesn't like honest comments about his device? He is a new member too. He has only posted positive comments about the Birdlocked in this thread.

What happens if right now I write a review and honestly share an experience and say "the Birdlocked device will not crack like my cb6000 did". Will I now be accused by the cb6000 company of having a connection with the Birdlocked company?

We are often considered strange by the vanilla world, and made to feel small because of our kink, but being accused here has come as a surprise to me.

I'm looking forward to contributing more in other threads, and will give an update on my comparison review if anyone is interested . . . if it doesn't cause trouble!

Jakk
    Just My Opinion!

25. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Jakk, it's ok, don't panic!

We'd love to hear more, and thank you for sharing so much valuable information in your first post.

Thank you also for giving us an introduction now. It's nice to meet you.

Enjoy the boards, we're here (the Mods and Admins) to make sure you feel at home, and if you don't... let me know! :Locker:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice