Before I Click 'BUY' What do you think?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by sussex1963, Aug 19, 2016.

Random Thread
  1. sussex1963

sussex1963 Member

Local Time:
    6:51 AM
    Hi,

Looking to buy my first Chastity Device and have been pointed at the Attica sold by UberKinky.

Looks good - not sure whether I would prefer solid rings but the thing that has me hesitating is the internal diameter of the cage it is 40mm.

I'm a grower so the short length of the Attica is good but just not sure whether it is too wide - seems a lot wider than other devices - what do you think.

Cheers,

Nigel

2. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    Just means you'll get a bit of a chub on, but wont get much growth room. Should keep things more or less comfortable even while trying to get erect.

sussex1963 likes this.
  3. Minas bitch

Minas bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    10:51 PM
    I think a lot of people (including myself ) have had trouble with hinged rings.

sussex1963 and NsToy like this.
  4. sussex1963

sussex1963 Member

Local Time:
    Yes I have considered that. The other one I have been looking at is the Stainless Steel Spiral, also from UberKinky.

This has solid rings but I have dismissed it because

1) it is just as wide 39mm versus 40mm
    2) it is longer than ideal
    3) feedback says that the construction is a bit flimsy so it bends easily
    4) feedback says that the square post ring to cage fitting is loose and sloppy, some saying that this results in pinching

The two things that made me uncertain of the Attica are

1) wide 40mm
    2) the hinged rings

I have assumed that the irritation from the hinge could be eliminated by sliding some silcone tubing over it. Or is it the opening at the top (where the padlock fits) that is the problem.

Any other suggestions? As this is my first I looking for the following

1) cheaper, sub £100
    2) metal for cleanliness
    3) short

Cheers,

Nigel

5. Mistress linda and slave

Mistress linda and slave all men should be locked

pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    1:51 AM
    there are smaller attica rings. my slave has been in the attica 3 for quite some time now.

slave_m and sussex1963 like this.
  6. Kate Medova

Kate Medova (not really)

Professional / Semi-retired
    Local Time:
    I had a Bon4s and found the hinged ring a problem. I find hinges to be unhygienic (it will trap bacteria) and uncomfortable. Some have a silicone tubing that you can slide over the hinge to aid comfort. Thereby causing a bigger bacteria trap. Maybe I am just a hygiene freak but I never felt clean unless I took the whole ting off and cleaned it over the hinge and through the silicone tube every day.

I bought this thing off eBay (UK), although it comes from France, while I wait for my looker 02 to arrive. I find it very comfortable and it was a lot cheaper than the Attica.

s-l500.jpg

RGL and sussex1963 like this.
  7. sussex1963

sussex1963 Member

Local Time:
    Thanks, but I was referring to the inside diameter of the cage not the rings.

The inside diameter of the cage is 40mm and I'm wondering whether that is too big.

Mind you I'm not in this for the pain - I don't want to be totally overcome with pain during the night when an erection tries to happen. So maybe the wider one is better, giving a little expansion room.

The main aim is not to be able to masturbate - yes I know you can wriggle out if determined but I don't intend to.

Cheers,

Nigel

8. sussex1963

sussex1963 Member

Local Time:
    Few things about the ones I have seen on ebay.

1) the trend seems to be uber short
    2) the trend seems to be for a pepperpot end and I wonder how easy that is to clean or urinate through especially as I am uncut.
    3) they tend to come with just one ring - I have have read so much that getting the ring size correct is important
    4) the trend is for catheters that I am not interested in

Cheers,

Nigel

9. Kate Medova

Kate Medova (not really)

Local Time:
    1) That one is not that short. It sits about 75mm when measured from the ring against the body.
    2) I am uncut too. If the foreskin gets 'bunched-up' it can be messy. I just pull it back a little at the top (base) of my penis and then urinate. Sitting down of course. I have no problems then. Using the same method it is easy to get enough water and soap in to clean when in the shower. A swab or cotton bud will ensure all is completely clean.
    3) It only comes with one ring. But you could buy two of these for the cost of some others. I bought two. One with a 50mm and one with a 45mm ring.
    4) There is no catheter with this device. Although the Looker 02 I have on order does come with a urethral insert.

Now. It is not the best device out there but it is very good for the price and much better quality than some of the ones on DH Gate. Like I said above - I am using it until my Looker 02 arrives. Custom is the way to go when you are sure what style and fit you prefer.

RGL and ddh067 like this.
  10. ddh067

ddh067 Junior Member

Scandinavia
    Local Time:
    Hi,
    I'm uncut, have a peppertop device (the one in my avatar), and its 3-4 cm shorter then me flacid and that is on 24/7. It's not comming of for cleaning.
    When you are flacid you can put your member inside the body, so thats not the problem.
    The peppertop is really good when you are uncut, it will not pinch... BUT, because of hygienic reason when urination I used a dremmel to make the hole higher. And when it,s really short you can't get an erection so it will not hurt when you get your morningwood.

They are so cheap that you can get at least 4 if you want to pay 100 $ and the quality is ok for long time wear. If you buy devises with the same connection between ring and cage you can by 4 different type of cage (open, peppertop, short, long) and for different size of ring. And try out whats work for you...

Good luck

sussex1963 likes this.
  11. Lockdown

Lockdown Long term member

Worcestershire
    Local Time:
    Just get yourself on dhgate and order one from there

12. sussex1963

sussex1963 Member

Local Time:
    Not that keen on ordering from abroad because of the risk of customs.

Firstly, there is the cost, VAT and courier charges can easily turn a $20 purchase into a $40+ purchase

Secondly, I don't like the idea of customs officials openning the package.

Prefer to order from the UK even if it is more expensive.

Cheers,

Nigel

13. ddh067

ddh067 Junior Member

Scandinavia
    Local Time:
  14. sussex1963

sussex1963 Member

Local Time:
    eBay is fine if the seller is in the UK but most that I have seen are in China - so same concerns as above.

Cheers,

Nigel

15. sussex1963

sussex1963 Member

Local Time:
    Okay, noticed that some of the dhgate ones would be below the import tax threshold.

What about this one

http://www.dhgate.com/product/male-...tity/181941329.html#s1-20-7b;searl|1577576453

Seems like the spural that UK sell but the old design, narrower and with the two anti-rotation pins rather than the square post and made of stainless steel.

Seems worth a go.

What about the anti-rotation pins - I've seen posts that people don't like them.

Cheers,

Nigel

16. Kate Medova

Kate Medova (not really)

Local Time:
    Looks good. I don't mind anti-rotation pins. Depending on the shape of the locking pin they can be useful. All I would say is that it states the cage is 70mm. That is probably just the cage. Including the ring that is probably an overall length of about 90mm. It may be difficult to get away with that under clothes.

sussex1963 likes this.
  17. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    @sussex1963 if your looking for the atticia cage or something similar I hav quite a few different cages sitting doing nowt in the UK (midlands) as I moved into a full belt. If you want anything give me a pm and we can see what can be sorted.
    Cheers
    Lucy x

RGL and sussex1963 like this.
  18. sussex1963

sussex1963 Member

Local Time:
    Also just seen that I would have to choose the ring size. As a total beginner I have no idea which to go with so ideally I would like a cage with a set.

I have tried measuring with string, tried to follow instructions but they come out seriously big, like 60mm. Suspect I am not pulling tight enough but a bit of an unknown so I would feel better with a set to experiment.

Cheers,

Nigel

19. Kate Medova

Kate Medova (not really)

Local Time:
    I started with 50mm. That was absolutely fine to begin with. I can get away with 45mm now. Just. Everyone is different though and some people get away with much less. Why not just order a set of rings off DH Gate to see how each size fits? Should be cheap. It is very different when you attach a cage but it should give you some idea.

20. Tina's Bitch

Tina's Bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    10:51 PM
    Solid ring for sure. Hinged rings pinch. Also, we are all "growers". The point of a cage is to restrict growth. The cage should fit snug and tight while flacid with no room for growth.

21. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    11:36 AM
    I just wore the Attica last night. No way could I wear it long term. The ring pinches at the hinge and the cage allows me to get a very uncomfortable semi erection. That said it is the best made of my 'cheap' devices and does work. I very much doubt I would be able to exercise wearing it.

22. sussex1963

sussex1963 Member

Local Time:
    This is all so frustrating I thought broaching the subject would be the hard part and buying the device would be a few simple clicks.

Here's where I am at the moment.

Started off thinking plastic - but was advised to go with stainless steel, mostly for cleanliness.

Looked at UK eTailers and UberKinky look the best - looked at the Spiral (short version) and the Attica - this is what I think.

Spiral - Likes (solid rings, end is not too open, selection of rings), Dislikes (bit long 3.2", wide 39mm ID)
    Attica - Likes (short 2.5", selection of rings), Dislikes (end is more open is this a foreskin problem, wide 40mm ID)

So have been looking at dhgate but haven't found anything really. There are a lot of really short stubby things. Most have uretha tubes, and even though you can remove them you are still left with chunky threaded boss to pee through. I can find variants of the Spiral and the Attica that UK sell and if the dimensions are to be believed are narrower than the UK versions (35mm). The Spiral variant they sell is still over 3" so maybe a bit long (for my flacid penis and for concealment under clothes). The problem with the dhgate versions is that you don't get a choice of rings but have to choose one - I have no prior experience so absolutely no idea what to pick. Other have suggested that they sell extra rings, which is true, but again one at a time and often as much or more than the whole device. With dhgate also need to watch the total spend to avoid customs and courier charges.

So a bit paralysed with all the information and my inability to find what I want.

Also little perplexed at the size of the UK spiral and attica - why so wide and why different to the varients on dhgate - makes me suspicious whether they have measure OD rather than ID - I have asked and they assure me that it is ID though.

Just can't find the right one to buy.

Cheers,

Nigel

23. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Be sure to measure correctly or you may risk damage.

Measure.jpg

24. Ganymede

Ganymede Long term member

Local Time:
    Oh Amanda!

You're such a tease... Ouch!

G.

25. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    11:36 AM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice