Hinged Back Ring

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by CJ's hubby, Apr 18, 2017.

1. CJ's hubby

CJ's hubby Active member

Arizona
    Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    Anyone had any experience with the hinged rings? Looks like it could be a good pinch getting them on. I see some come with a tube but not sure how long they will last under extreme conditions imposed by our dominate ladies.

2. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    1:28 AM
    I wouldn't consider one without using surgical tubing over it. Even better, leave the tubing on it and dip it in PlastiDip.

Sub Dave and CJ's hubby like this.
  3. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:28 PM
    I owned one with a hinge once. I have found that it really is a sensitive area and just the smallest little thing can cause irritation. It's hard enough keeping everything from being irritating on a perfectly smooth device.

CJ's hubby likes this.
  4. CJ's hubby

CJ's hubby Active member

Arizona
    Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    Would the Plastic dip be able to bend with the hinge? I thought of using the dip on my solid ring to reduce the size just a bit but was unsure how much it would reduce and if it hardened. Do you know if it caused any irritation to the skin for long time wear?

5. Jessica Alexander

Houston
    Local Time:
    As long as you don't force the hinge open too far, it's fine. I find it more comfortable because it helps to keep the ring in place rather than it sliding down and strangling your balls. It also adds a bit more security as pull outs are much harder. I've never had any skin irritation from it either.

6. sissybitch

sissybitch Long term member

engine development engineer
    north wales uk
    Local Time:
    Hinged rings in my opinion are a big no , have tried them in the past and found they caused pinching and irritation. The best rings I find are the one piece solid type with a round section made from stainless steel , just my take on it if it helps

CJ's hubby likes this.
  7. nvrsaynvr63

nvrsaynvr63 Long term member

USA
    Local Time:
    8:28 PM
    I've also had nothing but issues with hinged rings, even using tubing over them. There was always an issue with irritation or pinching.

CJ's hubby and sissybitch like this.
  8. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    I tried two devices with hinged rings. The Bon4M and a Chinese device. No problems with putting it on because you can insert a thin piece of something between your testicle and the ring to prevent pinching. I used a thin piece of cardboard. My problem was that the hinge rubbed me raw and I could not wear it 24/7. Someone gave me a tip about using small rubber hosing that I found at Home Depot. I spent an hour getting it on. First I just covered the hinged part but the ends of the hose were irritating. Next I covered the who ring with the hose. That was a hard thing to do, only to find out that the added bulk made the ring two tight. I gave up on hinged rings after that. I got a Jailbird and never had a solid ring on before. I just could not imagine getting it on without a lot of pain. When I did it, I was surprise how squishy my testicals are and just shoved them through the ring, one at a time and then my penis went in last. I can do it in under 10 seconds now. No hinges to pinch or irritate the skin.

manintyres and CJ's hubby like this.
  9. manintyres

manintyres Junior Member

Process Operator
    Thurrock
    Local Time:
    @Vinny "when I did I was surprised how squishy my testifies are and just shoved them through the ring"
    That has to be one of the best lines i've ever read on here and it made me smile :)

10. manintyres

manintyres Junior Member

Process Operator
    Thurrock
    Local Time:
    @Vinny "when I did I was surprised how squishy my testicles are and just shoved them through the ring"
    That has to be one of the best lines i've ever read on here and it made me smile :)

11. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I'd be interested to know more about hinged A-rings ad their potential to be annoying. I used the hinged rings on some of the cbXXXX range and found those very irritating but it was the metal of the hinge that was giving me an allergic reaction, its probably caused by nickel as I have learned to avoid that and I can only wear surgical and piercing standard stainless steel or gold without challenges. Why the Millars never seemed to have listened to their customers on some topics is beyond me.

Hinged A-rings allow the wearing of a tighter A-ring but I think I have no real need of a tighter one unless someone has strong views on A-ring size they would like to share. I was after all pleasanty surprised about the pros of wearing a tight tube which allows no growth. Having no growth room is very confining and does give a sense of being more locked than a looser fitting tube, but the tighter tube allows no real reaction when aroused which my keyholding friend thinks is not a good thing as she enjoys my discomfort when trying to attain full size in the old cage and whilst not exactly a control freak she does like being in control and still prefers me to have room to wriggle.

Whilst my search for knowledge to fuel the design of a custom cage I have another question to ask.

Do hinged A-rings irritate even if they have a good tight joint and no stray hairs, emerging new hairs or stubble gets trapped?

12. sissybitch

sissybitch Long term member

engine development engineer
    north wales uk
    Local Time:
    @filltee Hello , I can only offer my experience here, others may have different experiences with this , over the years I have tried several devices, some with hinged rings which as I mentioned before in this thread have always given problems , some of the hinges were tight and well finished but still caused irritation with time , even solid rings with very minor marks or imperfections have also at times given me problems , I now mirror polish any solid ring I use before wear and have had no problems with irritation doing this , so my experience has been that any ring with even a slight imperfection and especially hinged rings even well finished ones with tight hinges can give rise to irritations with time . you also mention that you can only wear surgical grade stainless or gold so I would think in your case any imperfection to the ring whether it be a hinge or other wise would cause you a problem

13. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:
    @sissybitch
    If the metal is gold, 316L surgical grade stainless steel or titanium I have no allergy issues. I have never felt the need to address anylack of smoothness issues with an A-ring unless the damn thing was made of plastic (or other non metal). As for AL's cbxxxx range. For some reason they do not appear listen to their customers and as far as I'm aware they continue to this day to charge a premium price for a cage that has A-rings made with cheap crap metal pivots in their hinges. They also dont appear to listen re: other issues not relevent to this thread.

LockedByHer90 likes this.
  14. LockedByHer90

LockedByHer90 Member

US - Missouri
    Local Time:
    7:28 PM
    What kind of tubing would you recommend?

15. Jessica Alexander

Houston
    Local Time:
    Surgical tubing. I think you can buy it by the foot at Home Depot. If not, buy a cheap "sling shot" and cut the tubing off.

LockedByHer90 likes this.
  16. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:
    Remember if your base ring is a good fit the using surgical tubing and or Plastidip , Tooldip or what ever you will need to reconsider which base ring you want to use

17. Sub Dave

Sub Dave Active member

Submissive Transsexual
    North Eastern USA
    Local Time:
    I agree with PlastiDip or surgical tubing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice