Lock or screw?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by LockedinNH2, Oct 12, 2023.

?

Lock or screw

1. lock

75 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. screw

43 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Security tag

8 vote(s)
    6.3%
Random Thread
  1. Queens servant73

Queens servant73 Long term member

Midwest
    Local Time:
    6:56 AM
    Had devices with a padlock, the noise and clunkiness sucked, it would also pinch occasionally, the internal barrel locks were ok but could scratch and that’s a no go when being allowed to grind with my Wife and her bullet vibe. Then had two MCN cages with security screws, huge upgrade! And then a Red Chili sissy cage with their security screw, they don’t use a post that sticks out, it’s nice and flat and has made everything about being locked much easier. It hides better and cuddling or grinding is now scratch or jab free for my Queen. I’m quite sure I’ll be in this cage for the rest of my life, and the screw isn’t that bad to remove for play time, and as far as my Wife wearing the key, we bought her a key necklace with small diamonds as none of the regular keys are attractive any way, and it’s only important to us and we both know what it symbolizes.

2. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    12:56 PM
    #27 CS2, Oct 15, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
    I have just had this dilemma with my BAW order, there are pro's and cons of each:

Security screw - keeps everything nice and tidy, nothing to rattle, not overly secure and a bit boring IMO
    Padlock - probably the most fun and exciting but bulky, not stealthy, can clank (some like that)
    Internal lock - not as exciting as the padlock but a good all rounder
    Security tamper tags - can be quite good fun and fairly stealthy depending on the device and how they sit, however low security so you really need a good keyholder who checks they haven't been messed with and prepared to issue punishments for any indiscretions . The uprated metal ones are better. With a good key holder these can be more secure because a lock could be picked and put back in they wouldn't know. On some cages you get an adapter for the magiclocker/internal lock that allows you to use tags, this is the best of both worlds for me.

In the end I went with the padlock option as it also allows security tags, my KH really likes the tags, if it was totally up to me I probably would have gone with the internal lock

ugams likes this.
  3. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    4:56 AM
    Yeah, they SHOULD be unique screws.

4. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    7:56 AM
    Padlock. She keeps both keys. My emergency releases are via bolt cutters or breaking the lock. She finds out if I do.

1mlockedup and CS2 like this.
  5. Lisa4343

Lisa4343 Long term member

Retired
    Maryland , USA
    Local Time:
    I am locked in an inverted cage with security screws. Sure, if sissy has access to the proper tool, sissy can un-screw them. However, sissy does not have the tool. All deliveries come to KH, so there is no way sissy can order the tool. Additionally, sissy does not know the type of screw used and all screws are filled in with colored paint. Sissy is always kept in fem so sissy will not go outside the house.

Slutty Susan likes this.
  6. Crowe

Crowe Long term member

Local Time:
    I've got 2 different screws securing me. I have yet to find a key that fits either of them, and if I did, what are the odds of finding both? Yeah, a screw can be drilled out, but that's very noticably damaged and that means one very unhappy wife

Lisa4343 and 1mlockedup like this.
  7. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    Like @Crowe we have 2 security screws (Lori's). They are proprly tightened w Loctite (purple for top, green for bottom/less frequent).

I have examined a head under magnification and can assure you they will strip without a matching bit (uneven rounded lobes, etc).

Took the 2 of us 4 hours and a little blood just to get one out when she tried the wrong key. Yes, I have a 400 pc security bit set and none came close.

I like the looks/idea of the barrel lock better but too easy to pick (much harder if you create some resistance by placing a small indent between outer/inner cylinders) and not so many key combos.

Padlocks need to be contained and still pickable, IMHO.

8. Lockedpeanut

Lockedpeanut Active member

Local Time:
    Have used both padlock and barrel lock
    We have both agreed the barrel lock gives a cleaner appearance and less sharp edges when we cuddle up

CS2 likes this.
  9. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    There are some cages with the padlock more built in, this works quite well:

upload_2023-10-18_11-48-22.png

10. Lisa4343

Lisa4343 Long term member

Retired
    Maryland , USA
    Local Time:
    Screws or locks, with the right tool both can be removed however if KH does keeps sissy properly secured, sissy will have no access to tools or keys.

11. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    Interesting design. You can't use bolt cutters on those locks without destroying the device.

CS2 likes this.
  12. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    I've had experience with security screws, internal locks, and padlocks. Obviously, they're also less discreet and more bulky in that order.

I have a security screw at the moment but I don't really like it because it's a bit fiddly to unlock and relock. And then you might drop the screw somewhere and have to go search... not sure if I'd go for a screw again.

The padlock vs internal lock - well the padlock is unfortunately much bigger, but I like how you can lock it without the key. Like, let's say you have sex and you're permitted an orgasm, and none of you want to bother relocking. Your wife can keep the key and you can lock yourself the next morning. It also has that really nice "click" sound that the internal lock lacks.

But I guess all in all the internal lock is the winner for me.

CS2 likes this.
  13. CuriousRK

CuriousRK Active member

Local Time:
    The @maturemetal cages are 2 (or even 3) for 1 if you get the security screw because a padlock also works in the security screw hole. I also suspect they can drill a small hole for the tag option as well, no problem. Different locks for different solutions on the custom sized cage, is what has worked best for me.

14. Apfel

Apfel Active member

Retired
    Southeast USA
    Local Time:
    I don't think it's a might...no matter how careful you are that tiny little thing is going to see it fly out of your fingertips and make you search. That little bugger will always find a way to bounce underneath something.

sonhee likes this.
  15. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I've also thought that was a benefit of the padlock. When I have a hygiene opening, my wife gives me the key, I unlock the padlock, and give the key right back to her. She puts it right back in the lockbox. This keeps me from breaking open the lock and replacing it with another without her knowing it.

sonhee likes this.
  16. Shimone

Shimone Long term member

management consultant
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    1:56 PM
    For me ssecurity screw is the by way clreanest option

Fiddling to lock & unlock ? I would way that depends on the cage.
    Insecure ? Compared to what ? Yes, with intention it is not that hard to remove - even with custon screw, but the integrated lcks can even be removed wird a bent wire within 30 sexonds and alomost none experience.

So are padlocks more secure and an alternative ? Not to me. The smaall ones are easy to pick and if you have no experience with that just use a bump key - and ideot can use those. And yes, there are also more quality padlocks that are harder to pick, but those are very bulky and heavy.

There are companies that will make unique screws for you - although in quantities you would not want. Thal leaves you to cnc your own screws. Not hard to find companies for that purpose if you know how to create a cad-file. For some money they might even do that for you.

As with most things - it is only a question of money. ;)

17. Lovelocked

Lovelocked Long term member

Local Time:
    I note you say "much harder to pick". I am wondering whether you have kept trying to pick one of those locks with the modification. If so, did you succeed.

I have not tried to pick my barrel lock as I am not using it at the moment. I must admit that I might not be able to resist trying if I were locked with it. I'm in my full belt at the moment. That's locked with an Abus padlock. I don't think I could pick that, especially as it is fixed pointing downwards.

ugams likes this.
  18. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    Unfortunately any small padlock can be picked. An experienced person in seconds. I'm an amateur and it takes me a few minutes with an unprotected lock. I must admit that after I modified my lock (another member here made a post about it) I could not get it open after 20 minutes of trying, but I suspect the small tool I was using could not generate enough torque to overcome the friction causes by the indent. Not too long after that we switched to the screw. So I never succeeded but suspect I might have eventually.

I just re-asked my wife as we are ordering a new titanium cage and she voted to modify it to use our current security screw. "Sure, I like how easy the (barrel) lock is to use, but I don't trust that you wont find a way to pick it, and the most fun I have is knowing you can't".

ugams likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice