Is there strength in submission?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by thisisrealpuma, Aug 18, 2011.

Random Thread
  1. thisisrealpuma

thisisrealpuma New member

Local Time:
    1:27 PM
    I'm inclined to think that it takes a great deal of willpower to give complete control to someone else. It seems that throughout most of my intimate relationships my partner would automatically assume that I'm dominant. Is it safe to say that when you meet someone who's tall, with muscles and an outgoing attitude that it translates to preference towards dominance? I have extremely submissive sexual tendencies and it seems as if my personality outside of that gives people preconceived notions of my inner mental workings.

2. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    7:27 PM
    I dont think in my case it is strength in submitting to my wife it is more a case of letting go of all the day to day control and pressures that i and maybe quite a few others cope with daily and it just feels as though once control is handed over the responsibility is taken off ones shoulders. I think there is more strength needed to assert power and control over someone when you are not naturally a dominant person.

3. thisisrealpuma

thisisrealpuma New member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the input. As a submissive do you find your yourself as a passive person outside of relationships with your wife?

4. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    i wouldn,t call myself passive i am not overly pushy or strongminded but i just enjoy having control taken from me when the chance happens

5. maid katrin

maid katrin chaste sissy maid

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Well, this quite a difficult question to answer to ... at least for me. In general I would say there is a lot of strenght in submitting to someone, but what I think is more important in submission is utter trust. I wouldn't be able to someone I do not know and when I don't have the feeling that I can trust the person in any aspect. Of course, there are some persons you see and instantly get this feeling of trust ... but there are really only a few I have met so far.

I agree with stroppy, I really enjoy having control taken off from me and even responsibility. In my everyday life I can not say that I'd be overly dominant, but definitely a well determined person, but yes, as soon as my Mistress is in presence I become like wax in Her hands ;)

maid katrin

6. DominaKH

DominaKH New member

Local Time:
    I think in my husband's case, it's a combination of being naturally submissive, and also the desire to give up control and power after being IN control all day at work. Lots of being 'on' and in charge and go-getting... when he gets home he's glad to have me take over, and it satisfies his natural sexual submissiveness. I am not a "natural dominant" but throughout our relationship it has swayed towards me getting my way, and as we're both kinky then well, it works out great this way!

7. Shimone

Shimone Long term member

management consultant
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    8:27 PM
    I believe that's a question where my signature comes in handy ;)

Whenever asked I would say that beeing sub requires much more strenght than beeing domme. Why so ?
    Well - just ask yourself if it would be easier to surender yourself to someone or to hurt someone. For me the latter is much easier. It doesn't even require closeness...

8. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    surely being domme does not equate to being able to HURT someone?. i think most good dommes would disagree with that analogy

9. Shimone

Shimone Long term member

management consultant
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    8:27 PM
    well - I'm no native speaker, but to me there's a difference between 'hurt' and 'harm'

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice