Is a chastity cage a "sex toy"

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by JaySaysYes, Dec 13, 2023.

?

Is a chastity cage a "sex toy"?

1. Yes

66.1%
  2. No

27.8%
  3. Lucy should define it

6.1%
Random Thread
  1. Mr_anonymous

Mr_anonymous Long term member

Local Time:
    8:21 AM
    It's a sex toy because it is. For whatever reason you choose to feel better not caling it one is on you. Meanwhile majority of world deems it one.

2. Echo321

Echo321 Long term member

United States
    Local Time:
    I’d argue that modern majority use defines a thing. Vibrators were invented by a doctor and used to treat hysteria in women, but in today’s world I really don’t think anyone would describe them as anything other than a sex toy. Maybe the word “toy” has the wrong connotation to it for some given its importance in our relationships? So maybe a sexual device?

IB-Chaste likes this.
  3. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    I don’t particularly feel that way. You highlight my point though, you are having an argument when others are discussing the topic.

sex toy
    noun
    1. an object or device used for sexual stimulation or to enhance sexual pleasure.
    So that’s the definition there for you. The chastity device actually restricts sexual acts, it doesn’t quite fall into the strict definition. If it did, we wouldn’t debate it.

You know what does fall into that definition? Bananas put in vaginas. Lipsticks attached to vibrating mobile phones and put on the clitoris, wooden spoons used for spanking, riding crops used my a mistress…

We wouldn’t call them a “sex toy”

Anyway, it’s all @JaySaysYes fault for his lazy question writing! :p

4. Susanstoy91

Susanstoy91 Long term member

Retired
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Local Time:
    Maybe at first for my Wife (KH) and I it was like a toy. But five years later, it's far from a "toy". It's part of our life now. My Wife was so willing to give it a try, and for the first 6-7 months we played. She did some research and read up about Male Chasity and it was game on.

Curious40ish likes this.
  5. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm going to suggest that some of the things that we use in our intimate lives go beyond the connotation of "toys" and enter the realm of what most of us would consider to be "equipment." That is, "toys" are commonly thought of as something to be playful, entertaining, and used for short periods. A lot of us, though, who are locked for long periods, or for whom wearing is a default state, might see these less as toys and more as "equipment" - the connotation for which are devices of a more serious and durable nature.

allfullup and Giles_English like this.
  6. enslavedbyc

enslavedbyc Junior Member

Local Time:
    6:21 AM
    I think many people would consider it a sex toy. However the “average” person positive views of sex toys is generally limited to vibrators, fleshlights, dildos and maybe a blindfold. When they encounter a chastity cage, they look at the lock and associate it Bondage, BDSM, fetish and deviance. Definitely something kinkier than a mere sex toy.

7. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:21 PM
    Which takes us back to inside view/outside view.

There was - by way of example, rather than claiming a moral comparison - a time when society regarded homosexuality as a perversion, while the actual homosexuals still experienced love and affection with each other.

8. Wanderer

Wanderer Active member

Sahuarita Arizona
    Local Time:
    5:21 AM
    I'm surprised this hasn't been said but it is jewelry. It falls on the same lines as piercings, collars, necklaces, watches etc.

A watch for example binds onto the wrist to serve a purpose. Collars necklaces bracelets etc do the same thing. Often that purpose is aesthetic but sometimes it is functional ( medical bracelet).

It is worth nothing that there are many places where jewelry of anything is not appropriate to wear but usually it is not a big deal. I'm sure I met people with genial piercings, but I have no idea who they are... For that matter I couldn't name anyone wear watches either though I'm positive I know some of them.

I would also like to say that if someone asks me to drop my pants they have consented to seeing what is in there.

9. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i have put No cos it stop a lot men having sex. ooh and you cant play with it as well.

10. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    Tell me that the cage doesn't anhance the sexual pleasure of either you and/or your lovely lady?

:p

IB-Chaste likes this.
  11. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Anyway, I have changed my mind.

So I went to the jewellery store and asked about cock cages, showed them mine, and it was going great until the police arrived.

I told the shopkeeper I was going to get it out, they could have looked away but didn't. It's their own fault for looking.

Court appearance is in two weeks.

12. Gemellia

Gemellia Active member

Local Time:
    7:21 AM
    I doubt this will win me many friends, but it needs to be said: This entire conversation (and the 'conversation' in the original thread that spawned it) is pointless. Empirical definitions don't exist, and arguing about them is a waste of time. The goal is to understand reality, not shove it into boxes.

Saying a chastity device is or is not a sex toy changes nothing about the reality you are describing.

Here is that reality:
    1.) Many people purchase and use chastity devices as 'sex toys' in the sense that they are (often cheap) novelty items to occasionally spice up the bedroom.
    2.) Most people in the developed world, if you were to ask them, would probably claim a chastity device is a sex toy.
    3.) Chastity devices vary greatly in quality; many people would have no trouble calling a pink silicon cage purchased on Amazon a 'sex toy' but might have different opinions on a custom steel or titanium cage costing hundreds or thousands of dollars.
    4.) Regardless of whether you consider them 'sex toys,' chastity devices occupy a unique role in that a good number of people wear them as a permanent fixture in their lifestyle, and not necessarily for sexual purposes. For these people, the role of the device in their lives far exceeds what a reasonable person would claim a 'sex toy' is meant to achieve. It relates to the very nature of their relationship and commitment with their intimate other.
    5.) The argument that chastity devices must be 'sex toys' because they are purchased with sexual pleasure in mind is a fallacy. Plenty of people get genital piercings explicitly for purposes of sexual pleasure, yet we do not deem genital piercings to be 'sex toys,' and most people would not be shocked to see one in a locker room setting.

Everyone is free to provide their own perspective and to explore the role that chastity devices occupy in one's life. But you are not free to claim that your perspective is absolute, especially not on grounds as flimsy as "It's a sex toy because it is. You're delusional if you claim otherwise."

You should have aged out of that behavior before you left kindergarten.

allfullup, Shimone, LoveIt and 4 others like this.
  13. Wanderer

Wanderer Active member

Sahuarita Arizona
    Local Time:
    #38 Wanderer, Dec 14, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
    Same thing would happen if you showed them a genital piercing assuming it was on. If it was in your hand they would probably say they don't sell those.

Oh and you would be getting arrested for exposure not for the chastity cage.

Also there is a difference in being told to drop your pants and choosing to do so if your own accord. You don't get arrested for exposure for dropping your pants at a doctor's request or at the TSA. Dropping your pants without being asked to those same people would get you arrested.

The fact that a jewelry store doesn't carry charity cages doesnt mean it is not jewelry. If I wanted to buy a tiara I would have to go to a specialty store but that is jewelry. Also I doubt you can find a prince Albert stud (did I say that right?) in tiffanys or kay.

LoveIt likes this.
  14. JaySaysYes

Local Time:

upload_2023-12-14_20-34-50.png

15. Wanderer

Wanderer Active member

Sahuarita Arizona
    Local Time:
    I'm sorry you opened a post asking peoples opinions and apparently don't want to hear any that disagree with you.

Apparently me posting once and responding to your direct comments about my post means I have an overinflated sense of self importance.

Here's an idea for you don't start a post asking for people's opinions on topics that you have already made your own opinion up on. Topics are for discussion and that is what most people on here are doing.

LoveIt likes this.
  16. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Madam, I posted in jest and you replied to it, lol.

Some would say you were restarded for not clearly seeing I was taking the piss, but I would never say such a a thing as that would be offensive.

I would just say that you lack a sense of humour, which is normal in certain, um, circles, if you know what I mean, haw haw haw, ya know, haw haw haw.

HINT: I did not visit a jewellery store.

17. Wanderer

Wanderer Active member

Sahuarita Arizona
    Local Time:
    I responded to the points you were making. I never said you actually did go to a store. In fact my post makes that distinction clear but the use of words like "would" which are conditional. You would have caught that had you read my post.

Hint. I am male it is in my profile.

18. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    what's in the water around here? so many people thinking so many others are pissing in their cornflakes. and some are actually pissing in their cornflakes.

JaySaysYes likes this.
  19. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    I geninely have a full bladder, but I think you know this already.

20. flip__26

flip__26 Long term member

Ireland
    Local Time:
    my post is not attempting to kink shame anyone who gets their kicks from having their cornflakes pissed in, FWIW.

21. JaySaysYes

Local Time:
    Lady, Miss Snowflake, open your mouth wider, await my golden shower of humour as it wooshes past just as deadlines wooshed passed Douglas Adams. Weeeeeeeee there it goes, right past you, with you totally unaware of it, weeeeeeeee.

Wait, wait...ahhhhh.

22. enslavedbyc

enslavedbyc Junior Member

Local Time:
    6:21 AM
    I show this thread to my Wife.

Wife: “Boy’s are dumb.”

She goes and opens the cabinet that houses her collection of sex toys. She tells me to look carefully.

“Follow me”, she leads me downstairs and keys in the access code to the door and opens it.

She says, “Look around”. I do, (I feel a quiz coming soon).

I’m looking at a 40 year collection of bondage gear and furniture.

She says, “what does the device you’re wearing have in common with almost everything in this room that it doesn’t have in common with anything in my cabinet”?

I look for a few second more, “a lock” I answer. She smiles at me, and squeezes my crotch, “yes, obviously you’re wearing a bondage device, NOT a sex toy. Dumb boys”!

Rimmer69, corsac and Susanstoy91 like this.
  23. Lobone

Lobone New member

Local Time:
    Perhaps you should change you profile to:
    JaySaysNo.
    Any person in a changing room has a certain expectation of privacy. If someone sees you wearing a device, and you were trying to be private about it, then that is on them. If someone takes a picture of you, then they are Involved in a criminal activity. Not you.

24. Shimone

Shimone Long term member

management consultant
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    2:21 PM
    I actually can understand both sides.

No matter what you think the exact definition of sex toys is, if asked about cock cages most people would say they are sex toys.

For us though they are just part of our lifestyle - much more a symbol for the kind of relationship we chose without any direct sexual connection than anything else.

However if you look how f.e. nudity in general is always sexualized in the US it is understandable why it is hard for some people to see a difference.

Rimmer69 likes this.
  25. JanusCaged

JanusCaged New member

Local Time:
    For my wife and I, it's definitely a sex toy, but I'm happy to accept that may not be the case for others.

When we first started (10 months ago) my wife was happy to indulge my 'kink', but that was about it. As time went on, she extended my locks, but I still wondered if it was simply a manifestation of her love for me rather than because she got anything tangible out of it (I've always been attentive and done lots around the house, so there hasn't been significant modification to my behavior.

A month ago I took a risk, saying that if it was entirely one-sided, I'd be happy to put the cage in a drawer and leave it there. Her response was to say that the cage itself is just a thing, but that she loves what it does to me and she gets wet whenever she locks me, knowing that at some point she'll release me and I'll be crazy with lust.

When I'm caged, we both get increasingly horny. When I'm caged, she gets manual or oral relief whenever she wants. When she unlocks me, the sex is the best I've ever had. To me, that's pretty much the definition of a sex toy.

Shimone likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice