Another reason to dislike Ayn Rand

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Billus, Feb 6, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    6:25 AM
    Besides her other nonsense regarding social politics and economic systems, here's her take on female subservience to men:

2. Ilikebond

Ilikebond Long term member

Local Time:
    12:25 AM
    Any Rand was a brilliant economist, but a boring writer. Not all women are dominant, not all men are submissive.

I would bet a lot if not most of the men on this site are Alphas IRL but like to submit in the bedroom or at home.

3. jasonpatalonis

jasonpatalonis Long term member

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    10:25 PM
    Billus,

I believe you gave an example of perfect irony: You are "hating" on a woman....because she isn't "pro woman" enough.

I guess being one of the world's famous writers--at a time women were not as well received--isn't enough for you.

Albert Einstein believed in God. Is that a reason not to like him?

Lady Jessica's Danny likes this.
  4. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    6:25 AM
    I think you're misunderstanding my reason for posting the clip. Rand clearly seems to indicate that men are not attracted to dominant women, which is the real irony on a site like this. She suggests that for a woman to become president (or any comparable position where she would be in a leadership role over men) would require her to abandon her 'womanly' characteristics. This of course, is complete nonsense.

I don't have any strong opinion one way or the other regarding her fame as a writer, but I disagree with her economic theories. They are too right-wing for me, and her influence on people like former Congressman Paul Ryan has been disastrous.

Einstein, by the way, did not believe in a personified god. He's famously known for saying he believed in Spinoza's god, which is another way of saying 'nature'. I wouldn't even suggest Albert was a deist; I think that was a bit too far for him to go, as well.

Giles_English likes this.
  5. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:25 AM
    I think a lot of submissives look alpha in the outside world because we are championing our dominant's interests. In business I'm no pushover, and I'm happy to push ideas and lead teams. But I'm doing it for my wife, my mistress.

Given the era Rand lived in, it would be hard to pierce the veil of standard issue square jawed masculinity to see the submission beneath. (Though the Wonder Woman writer did)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice