Question for those who’ve “downsized”

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Echo321, Apr 14, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    9:10 AM
    You can easily use a toothbrush or similar to clean out and inside the tube and also the gap of A-ring and the tubes B ring.

In my case, open birdcage design, these are my problem zones. The ballsack folds around the A-ring and the tube lies on the scrotum as well.

Here you can clean very good with the mentioned toothbrush and dry with a towel and hairdryer. Wiggle the cage a bit. So you reach every part.
    This takes less than 5 minutes at all and you can easily wear the cage for 2 weeks without maximum stinkyness.

Echo321 likes this.
  2. Kat9s toy

Kat9s toy Long term member

California (US)
    Local Time:
    12:10 AM
    I also use the MCN Contender. (Great cage, btw.) I was in a 2.75" cage for a few years, but found that the cock was, more often than not, shorter than it once was. (There could be any number of reasons for that besides "lack of use," such as age, health, etc.) I just started a 2.25" cage and so far, so good. Fits better and any expansion is even less possible, which Mistress likes.

As for cleaning, a blow dryer after washing/shower is very helpful. I do a 2nd time 5-10 minutes after the 1st time. But what I find to be a necessity is to fold a bit of absorbent tissue paper and put it between the cage & testicles. This absorbs residual moisture, sweat & any dripping. Essential to keep skin from getting irritated. Change as needed, especially after urination. It doesn't look very elegant, but then the cage cock isn't on display anyway. LOL. You might give that a try?

Echo321 likes this.
  3. Neith

Neith Active member

Florida
    Local Time:
    3:10 AM
    I use CK Micro and you can barely see my clit unless I open up. It's literally inverted. I find it much more comfortable than anything else that I have tried.

4. Echo321

Echo321 Long term member

United States
    Local Time:
    I just looked it up and now feel much better about what my wife wants. Lol. That’s really small and I’m impressed you can wear it comfortably.

Stephplayswithyou likes this.
  5. Neith

Neith Active member

Florida
    Local Time:
    I would use the "innie" if my ball gap was larger. It's so comfortable and I find that the smaller I went, the less pain I felt sleeping with it too. It stops my erections entirely before they have a chance to be painful.

6. Marcus_Fappington

Marcus_Fappington Mid-Life Crisis Haver

American lost in Europe somewhere
    Local Time:
    8:10 AM
    This is why I don't think overnight caging is a good idea. Let the penis stretch and get erect naturally. Or you face penile atrophy which is logically a thing, and also reported by many men. If you're into that, go ahead I guess..but not everyone wants a smaller dick. Not everyone's wife wants their husband to have a smaller dick either...

7. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    5:10 PM
    My cage is fully enclosed and it never needs to be removed for cleaning using the methods in my gallery.

Those douche jets are perfect for staying perfectly clean with no removal. The longest I have been with no removal is 3 weeks, and I could put the cage over my nose and smell nothing after (I washed just before removal out of curiosity)

littleguy3 and Echo321 like this.
  8. NowIveDoneIt

NowIveDoneIt Long term member

Finance
    Northeast, USA
    Local Time:
    That’s not at all true. Permanent shrinkage does not occur. Only on long term locks do you see temporarily shrinking. Overnight caging is fine and is frankly where it is most needed…

9. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    If you need it for PIV as you do, that might be important. But only if your erection is impacted also. Most men don't report a difference in erect length.

10. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    Similar for me! Q-tips and spray nozzle do the trick. I just need too remove it about once every 10-14 days for comfort, a shave and a little lube and then right back in. The anti pullout and hair around the scrotum starts to irritate me if I go longer than that.

cogman and Echo321 like this.
  11. anasyrma

anasyrma Long term member

Engineer
    Virginia outside Washington, DC
    Local Time:
    I agree.

MadameJs_boo and Muffleduk like this.
  12. Echo321

Echo321 Long term member

United States
    Local Time:
    I already posted it in my journal but decided to update this thread. My wife decided she wants the cage shortened so that’s what’s going to happen (of course). Thanks to all the feedback here I don’t see there being any issues on my end aside from the obvious loss of room to stretch which I’m sure I’ll get accustomed to eventually.
    As I mentioned earlier I’m out often enough to keep things clean and in working order but I will definitely be aware of any issues drying, and if she keeps me locked for a longer period as she did for Locktober I’ve already discovered Qtips make for a great tool to really “get in there”.
    Thank you again everyone. You all are really helpful. This has put my mind at ease that I’ll be able to give her what she wants without there being any problems either one of us will come to regret.
    Now to get back to my day and enjoy this extra 1/2 inch of room while I have it…

13. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    12:10 AM
    My experience being locked 24/7 with infrequent short breaks is that downsizing is possible, at least for a grower like me. I have been significantly downsized in the last 1.5 years, beyond what I thought would be possible. I find a shorter cage to be more comfortable because there is less to stuff into your pants. Now, I have really nothing left to grab onto.

I find it unnecessary to uncage at night or during showering, but everyone should do what they feel most comfortable with. We were quite conservative about it at the beginning, but now I am never unlocked except for exceptional circumstance, such as important medical visits.

Remember that blood is always flowing through the penis, even when not erect or it is caged. If it is not, then that is a medical emergency!

MadameJs_boo likes this.
  14. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    You are of course entitled to your own opinion which I strongly suspect is derived from experience limited in time and extent of restriction

Which understandably explains the inaccuracy of your comment
    "Permanent shrinkage does not occur."

personally IF I were to comment on something based on limited experience
    I would at least have the decency to say so

Some people even ones not new to TTTWD on here and indeed everywhere will take as gospel anything that is related to them by someone that sounds like or appears to be well informed and over long period of time, consequently they are easily misled as to what is and what is a useful contribution to any discussion.

15. NowIveDoneIt

NowIveDoneIt Long term member

Finance
    Northeast, USA
    Local Time:
    I am not sure why you got so offended by my comment and took it so personally. You are completely mistaken. I am not speaking of personal opinion, just medical doctrine, the penis is a sponge and does not "shrink" if not used. If it is not allowed to become erect for an extended period then it will be smaller the first few times erect but in short order it will resume its original size and girth. This has been shown over and over by those on this forum who've experienced it. Now gain 20lbs and your visible penis WILL shrink, but that's a different story...

16. wastlander2002

wastlander2002 Long term member

hampton roads VA
    Local Time:
    I also find the smaller cage easier to sleep in. Erections don't wake me like they used to when we downsized to the 1.25 cage

17. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Ooh, handbags!

Im actually with you on this one. A year in and I’m not seeing any permanent change at all. I don’t know, perhaps my experience is also limited.

littleguy3 likes this.
  18. Ece Dere

Ece Dere Member

Education
    Turkey
    Local Time:
    10:10 AM
    Qtips... ?

19. Echo321

Echo321 Long term member

United States
    Local Time:
    Yes. Little dab of soap on it and you can get in, around and behind everywhere a finger can’t get to through the bars. I find it’s as close to a deep clean I can get without physically removing the device.

20. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
  21. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    I have a different opinion about downsizing. I don’t think it is needed. If the cage is properly designed there is no need making it smaller and smaller. A penis does not have a constant size so it is normal for a cage to be sometimes a smidge long, but that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. I am locked 24/7 over a year and have the same Jail Bird cage I designed. I did downsize the gap, because my scrotum stretched. There is very little known medically about nocturnal erections, long term chastity and a cock cage wearing. However, from a small amount of data we have, there seems to be no shrinkage or issues getting hard again. As with other muscles, the erectile tissue will need to adjust back after a very, very long period of chastity, but it comes back to its full size quite quickly. Other medical issues like a high blood pressure will affect erectile function more than a cock cage. Nocturnal erections happen during REM sleep. I am locked at night without problems. Again, we know very little medically about a cock cage effect on nocturnal erections. It is probably a good idea to let the cock do its thing at night once in a while, but overall consensus is that sleeping caged does not pose risks if the cock cage is probably designed. There should be absolutely no pain when caged. To conclude, the cage design for 24/7 is the main part and if done properly a cock cage can be worn safely and enjoyably for a long time. My cage guide: https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/#post-509577

Krystine Kellogg made a podcast about my cock cage guide if you are interested:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/krystines-flr-podcast/id1529833492?i=1000571210960
    EP: 0241 — https://www.krystinekellogg.com

Chaste Bear and MadameJs_boo like this.
  22. Studmouse47

Studmouse47 Active member

Retired
    Birmingham, AL USA
    Local Time:
    2:10 AM
    I have found the a smaller cage is more comfortable and that I experience less pinching. I have two Happy Go stainless steel cages from Amazon, a small and a medium. the small is approximately 45 mm in length and the medium is about 50 mm in length. The medium is pictured in my avatar and is the one that I started long term wear with. It had at tendency to pinch and become uncomfortable.

I down-sized to the small and it is much more comfortable with much less pinching. There is no extra ring between the part that surrounds the head of the penis and the ring that slips into the base ring for locking. I wear it 24 hrs a day and sleeping in it is not a problem. The only time I remove it is for showering and doctors appointments. After those events are completed I immediately lock up again. I feel naked without my cage on.

MadameJs_boo and bondinchas like this.
  23. MadameJs_boo

MadameJs_boo Active member

Local Time:
    1:10 AM
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..." if you've been locked up for the majority of a whole year, I imagine you're fine sticking with what seems to work.

As for an adjustment period: yes, it can take some time getting used to, in my experience. I have no interest in getting into the flat or inverted cages (but, to each their own!), however I've gone from an HT Standard to the Nano, as well as the Kink3D "S+" to their "N+ Wide." I skipped a size in-between and didn't experience any real discomfort.

In fact, and to my surprise, downsizing ended up being both more secure (to a degree), and wayyyyyyy more comfortable. No more annoying nighttime erection swelling. More overall comfort for not having anywhere for my member to "travel" inside. And also, more discreet and easier to hide under clothing.

Mentally, it can be a bit if a mindfuck. Especially if you're like me and not necessarily into sissification or SPH. With practice and knowing that nobody else but you, your SO, or close partners knows about it helped me get "over the hump" in due time.

So, your milage may vary, but more often than not: smaller is better and "tight is right!"

Rubbersoul, filltee, Alceste and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice