Neosteel fix and return

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by lockmeup4life, Sep 28, 2023.

1. lockmeup4life

lockmeup4life Long term member

Cali
    Local Time:
    5:36 AM
    I have a Neosteel Fun model that I need to return for a modification. I need the cable just a little longer for comfort sake.

Question, has anyone sent their belt back to Neosteel and had it fixed? Is it an easy experience and does it cost money? If so how much in the ballpark? How was your communication with Neosteel now that Mr.Mende has passed on?

2. Yaquiran

Yaquiran Member

Local Time:
    I had the same problem four years ago. It was a straightforward process but quite expensive. Despite using their self measuring kit as instructed, they did not take responsibility for the error and charged me to fix it.

The breakdown of the costs were as follows:

Labor and materials: $87
    Import fee: $33
    Shipping: $60

My own shipping to them cost about $30 using USPS. This all resulted in a total cost of $210. I'm sure costs have all gone up since then (2019). Total turnaround time was about 60 days.

That did fix the problem with the cable being too short but it unfortunately in the end did not fix the problem with my belt fitting due to the tube itself being too small (which again, I followed the measurement instructions to the letter but they refused to take responsibility and said I'd have to buy a new tube at full cost).

3. Yaquiran

Yaquiran Member

Local Time:
    I wanted to edit but it won't allow that. I didn't understand why I had to pay such a hefty "import fee" to send it back to them, since it's not like I was selling new merchandise to them, they were just fixing a used part.

4. CbeltedNJ

CbeltedNJ Member

Local Time:
    8:36 AM
    Yeah got the same quote a few years ago. The cable is held in with friction so was not to bad if you have some tools and a bit of handyman skills.
    Basically cut off old coating. Twisting cable should pop it right out of both anchors.
    Home depot sells stainless steel cable so cut that to length needed.
    Two part epoxy one side.
    Shrink tube.
    Epoxy other side
    Heat shrink tube.

i did this after finding out mende passed away since i figured it was my only option. But worked out well. Cable is a little more flexible but helps for #2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice