The time has come to upgrade

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Alphasub6988, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Alphasub6988

Alphasub6988 Active member

Local Time:
    12:26 AM
    So my wife took a liking to chastity and I’m getting more frequent and longer lock ups. My first cage I did a ton of research to find and really got a pretty good one in my opinion. I ordered the “eyes on her prize” from the lock the cock website. Really has been a great fit and cage so far. I know I enjoy the breathability. The simplicity of peeing with it. And the stainless steel hygiene.

according to their site I’m using the 45mm ring. The width of the tube is 1.8 and the length of the device is 2.9. If I could cut a half inch to 3/4 off of the length I’d be perfect. The other reason we would like to switch is because of the stupid pad lock jingle.

naturally I had a good experience the first time with the website so I am back on there looking for an internal lock this go around. I really like the style I have but couldn’t find the right setup so the have the “rings of abstinence”. Length says 2.3 which seems perfect. The width says 1.3 which I definitely fear being too tight.

I am pretty confident in the long term outlook of things we will go custom. But I also think that’s a little down the road to see how far we progress. My main question for now is how much do we trust website measurements and is there a way to be confident when buying instead of just a leap of faith at 50 bucks a pop that it’s gonna fit as intended? I feel like the width would be a big issue when putting it on and I also noticed they have a 45mm cage but it’s not a circle like my current one just a bit more square.

2. Mr_anonymous

Mr_anonymous Long term member

Local Time:
    I went from the cage you had to the jailers cage. Length is about perfect, kinda narrow but after use to it i like it. Thing with the rings is when you turtle back its hard to adjust easily. This one I use a q tip and easy peezy

Alphasub6988 likes this.
  3. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    Truth is 1.3 or so is basically the norm it seems for off the shelf cages. I don't like it either

4. Alphasub6988

Local Time:
    It looks like the jailers cage and the rings of abstinence are damn near identical? Same sizes. Same price. Not positive the difference?? I have a tiny bit of room width wise in the eyes on her prize. Losing half an inch of width just sounds like too much?

5. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    You gotta actually click on it i think. Then picture changes. They are pretty similar except for length if I remember right.

Alphasub6988 likes this.
  6. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    It might take lube to get in but most cages run about 1.3 or so in diameter from what I've seen.

7. Alphasub6988

Local Time:
    Do you know what your width is out of cage? I’m about 1.75 at the head. Just don’t wanna over do anything but it seems that people can squeeze into tight spaces more than I expected lol. I just look to do as much research as possible to improve my odds of a quality fit. First cage seemed to go pretty great aside from noise and just a bit long which doesn’t bother me aside from once in a blue moon and figured if I went slightly shorter it would be slightly lighter. I’d honestly prefer the “bird cage” style I currently have too.

8. Mr_anonymous

Local Time:
    Look around some. Short of custom it's going to be hard to find the perfect length and diameter. I'm going custom soon for this reason

Alphasub6988 likes this.
  9. Alphasub6988

Local Time:
    Yeah custom is the way to go. But I’m kind of being cautious about trying a couple cages and seeing how it goes for a year or so before dropping 400 bucks on jewelry haha.

10. TiGuy

TiGuy Member

UK
    Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    I found most off-the-shelf cages a bit narrow (when I was starting out) but now have both a custom Jailbird & BAWR, and still both of them should’ve been ordered both shorter AND narrower in hindsight …

I’m considering a new & shorter still BAWR, and would like it tight to nip any expansion in the bud for comfort, but am now caught-up over how if I squish down on length inevitably contents expand sideways. a very expensive learning curve!

11. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    I my experience measurements have been reliable. Custom is awesome, but if you don’t need it you’ll save a lot of money! Lock the Cock are resellers, you can get the same or very similar devices cheaper on Amazon, eBay, DHgate, Aliexpress.

Alphasub6988 and CS2 like this.
  12. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    I would order a few cheap cages on Aliexpress etc and work towards nailing down your requirements and measurements 100% then order a custom based on your findings, a set of digital callipers are very handy

Alphasub6988 and Westu like this.
  13. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    The measuring rings from Mature Metal are good. They also have good measurement instructions. I’ve moved on to BAWR but I’d suggest MM as a first custom cage. Less expensive than BAWR.

atxmtb and Alphasub6988 like this.
  14. Alphasub6988

Local Time:
    Appreciate the input I will look into them. Bawr is the only one I’ve done any real research on. Thanks!

CS2 likes this.
  15. Nostromo

New York City area
    Local Time:
    BAWR is better because you can get it in titanium instead of steel. The MMs are a little easier to get on and off because there are no stabilizing pins that need to go into the base ring. Just pay attention to which measurement they use -they’re not the same. My first BAWR was too short because I misunderstood how they measure length.

CS2 and atxmtb like this.
  16. Alphasub6988

Local Time:
    In all honesty they’re no cheaper than Bawr and I don’t like the idea of a padlock (noise like I have now) or a screw (just seems like a bit of a risk in an emergency)

17. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    BAW are great and titanium is much better than stainless steel

atxmtb and Alphasub6988 like this.
  18. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Cages generally are too narrow. Too much width is rarely an issue, but too narrow definitely is.
    Have a look at the FRRK cages, they do a couple of widths in their range, the larger ones are 37mm compared to the standard 33mm, and they're also one of the few sellers who often quote the tube diameter (even then, not always!).

Otherwise, the padlock noise problem can be easily solved...
    Put a rubber sleeve on the padlock, electrical wiring shrink wrap sleeves are ideal for that.
    Just wrapping a rubber band around the padlock to stop the metal to metal contact is more Heath-Robinson but it works, as does wrapping a band around both the lock and cage to hold it firm against the cage.

Alphasub6988 likes this.
  19. Alphasub6988

Local Time:
    appreciate the input. The rubber band thing i have tried and it eventually moves or falls off. The shrink wrap idea is clever might try that.

bondinchas likes this.
  20. Nostromo

New York City area
    Local Time:
    For my MM Jailbird, I replaced the stock padlock with a Master Lock ( I think it was the 122T, but double check that) that was the same size but the body is covered in plastic.

CS2 likes this.
  21. Alphasub6988

Local Time:
    Oh that’s a cool idea I can check my hardware store. I see the 121t is 3/4 wide and one of their smaller options. I’ll have to check next time I’m there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice