BA-25 sizing help

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by grendel, Jan 9, 2024.

1. grendel

grendel New member

Local Time:
    6:52 AM
    I'm planning to order a BA-25 soon and could use some advice. I currently own a Jailbird and have also tried a few cheap cages, so I have a good idea of most dimensions but I could use some advice on a few points:

With the Jailbird I have two problems:

1. My balls tend to get the circulation cut off if worn for a very long

2. When I begin to get an erection it tends to push the whole cage forward, making the base ring slide partly down my shaft and scrotum. This pulls my balls up tight against the gap between the base ring and penis tube, and it;s very uncomfortable.

I have always assumed that the solution to the blood flow issue was to get a larger diameter base ring but I'm now rethinking that. Is it more likely that this issue is caused by having too narrow of a gap between the base ring and tube? On my Jailbird the gap is 10mm.

If that's the case it seems like the solution to these issues may be to go back to a smaller base ring (I'm using a 52mm currently) while increasing the gap to maybe 12mm and/or ordering the BA-25 with a bent/curved base ring to allow more space for my scrotum & thusly more blood flow.

I have several other base rings of various sizes from about 50mm to 55mm that came with the cheap cages. If I can wear the base ring by itself (no tube, so no compression in the "gap") without blood flow issues that indicates that the issue is the gap width, not the base ring size, correct?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

JAILBIRD MEASURED DIMENSIONS
    • BASE RING INNER DIAMETER: 54mm
    • CAGE INNER DIAMETER: 33mm
    • CAGE LENGTH:49mm
    • OVERALL LENGTH: ~66mm
    • GAP: 10mm
    • BASE RING BAR THICKNESS: 8mm

PLANNED BA-25 DIMENSIONS
    • BASE RING INNER DIAMETER: 52mm and 53.5mm (curved)
    • CAGE INNER DIAMETER: 33mm
    • CAGE LENGTH: 51mm
    • OVERALL LENGTH: 69mm
    • GAP: 10mm
    • BASE RING BAR THICKNESS: 8mm
    • PA HOOK DEPTH: 15mm
    • PA GAUGE: 0g / 8mm

2. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    3:52 AM
    It is a lot easier and quicker to get adjustments made Mature Metal than it is with BAW. I think you should get things dialed in with the Jailbird so you can wear it long term before you order from BAW.

Change one dimension at a time, so you can be sure which change has had which effect. Talk to Mature Metal about increasing the ball gap. If that solves the circulation issues, then ask them for a smaller base ring to try.

Order from BAW once everything is perfect on the Jailbird. Otherwise you risk wasting a large amount of money for something that you can't wear long term.

grendel likes this.
  3. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    @WTF15 is right; I think you should resolve the circulation issue before ordering your final cage from BAW.

It does sound as if it’s the gap that might be your problem, but you need to experiment.

Note that BAW also offers custom 3D printed resin cages you can order to test dimensions first. I did that, and the resin cage arrived in about a month. It was invaluable in my dimension testing and my own BA25 just arrived yesterday and is locked on as I type.

grendel likes this.
  4. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    12:52 PM
    I would also recommend the BAW test resin cage, way cheeper to make mistakes this way. I ordered two custom BAW cages that did not fit me, even though I beleived I had the measurements figured out.

I now have the third resin cage being shipped, I do expect this one to fit, but I have used five tries to get there.

remyruff and grendel like this.
  5. grendel

grendel New member

Local Time:
    I'm not the original owner/orderer from MM. Do you know if they would do adjustments still? I would imagine that would require a fee...

6. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    MM is happy to make changes to their products no matter whether you are original owner or not. They charge a very reasonable fee regardless whether you are original purchaser or not.

grendel likes this.
  7. grendel

grendel New member

Local Time:
    Awesome - thanks!

If that's the case then I think you all provided excellent advice. It seems it will be more cost effective to have MM modify the Jailbird to get it at least CLOSE, and maybe even perfect as a first step. After that I can decide if I need/want to order the BA-25, and if I do I'll definitely know what I need for dimensions...

One more question - does anyone have, or has anyone heard of a cage design that incorporates both PA and frenum piercing hooks? I have a 0g PA and 00g frenum and worry about the holes shrinking over time without having a piercing in, but I've only ever seen devices made with one or the other, not both.

Thanks everyone!

8. grendel

grendel New member

Local Time:
    As a small update, I had a curved base ring that's 50mm on hand but the post to connect it to the main cage was far too thick. I spent some time this morning after posting grinding it down with a Dremel tool to make things fit. I've been wearing the Jailbird cage with the 50mm curved base ring and can report that the loss of circulation issue is pretty much solved... I could maybe use another millimeter I think, in gap width.

I'm still debating if I want more length in the main cage. I think I'm going to sleep with it tonight and see how things go. I normally suffer a lot trying that with scrotal pain / swelling (to the point I need to get yup and remove the device) and/or pain from sleep-erections pushing things forward, which may actually be exacerbating the scrotal issues.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me that the main issue might be the gap and not the base ring being too big, but here we are. The smaller base ring seems to be holding things in place better. If the current gap is "doable" overnight I may stick with it, and if the "sleeping wood" is too rough I may add 5mm - 1cm in length to the cage and I think I'll be good!

FWIW, MM said they could make a new base ring, but won't do curved, and I think that's a no-go for me. This cursed ring seems to be making all the difference for me! I'm starting to lean toward giving this a few days to see how my janky modified JB works, and if it's good (or REALLY close, I'll order the BA-25... In TITANIUM! I'm thinking that'll be a whole different gig - yay!

9. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    3:52 AM
    Sounds promising! I'd try it for several weeks before declaring victory and ordering from BAW though. In my experience it can take some time for issues to show up.

10. grendel

grendel New member

Local Time:
    Wise words - I agree.

Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice