From HT3 to HT5 - some questions…

Discussion in 'HolyTrainer' started by Halloedri, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Halloedri

Halloedri Active member

Private
    Germany, Rhine-Maine
    Local Time:
    9:15 PM
    Hi fellows,
    I am a long time wearer of the HT V3 Small but consider to move to the V5 Nano now.

Anyone who did that already and has some experience to share?

I am wondering what ring size to choose in view of the changed design.
    So far, I am using the 50mm ring which is okay but could be just a little bit less wide -
    the height is perfect. So I am wondering whether I should choose the 45mm ring this time?

Q: How wide is the 45mm Ring of the V5?

One thing I am not yet sure about - is the lock bump of the V5 bigger than on the V4?
    Would be something making me consider the V4 possibly...

Thx & have awounderful NOvember!

2. Halloedri

Halloedri Active member

Private
    Germany, Rhine-Maine
    Local Time:
    9:15 PM
    #2 Halloedri, Nov 16, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    Okay - as the HT V5 nano with the 50mm ring has arrived in the meantime (waiting never has been a strong skill of mine ...), sharing my first impressions:

- it was a good decision to stick with 50mm ring since (as stated by others in other threads) the 50mm ring of the V5 in combination with the nano instead of small tube gives a tiny bit less room. For now, I'd say perfect fit for me
    - the ring is noticeably flatter than than the V3 one - let's see if that makes any difference
    - even though it's just -5mm in total length from the V3 small to the V5 nano, the difference is clearly noticeable. So far not in a bad way - curious about tomorrow morning...
    - the tube is pushed more into the balls, making the whole package less pronounced but:
    - the lock bump still is way to much pronounced for my taste - just looks strange in underwear or slim pants

The postal service lady was somewhat funny since she said "I do have a parcel for the two of you. Well, rather for you". I wonder if she had any idea what was rattling inside the box...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice