Hello! I am wondering if there is a consensus on what is the best steel make chastity cage.

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by DaviToy, Aug 11, 2014.

Random Thread
  1. DaviToy

DaviToy Member

Local Time:
    3:51 PM
    Hi! I use the CB6000S and it is great, if you get the authentic one, but after a few months I get hairline cracks in the eyelets of the base ring and it eventually breaks. Also, I think cleaning would be easier with a steel. Thanks you for your sweet responses, David

Attached Files:

2. MistressBitch

MistressBitch Long term member

Full time Mistress and Dominant
    Hertfordshire
    Local Time:
    8:51 PM
    Hi there

Generally no, although most advise a custom built one, mature metal are quite popular. Its a very personal choice, and it also depends on your size and lifestyle

3. cagemeplease

cagemeplease Guest

David,
    As I've posted elsewhere, we spent 10 years & a few thousand dollars trying approximately 9 or 10 cages before finding the right one. Started with a Tickleberry Sentinel, a couple from the CBXXXX series, 3 different Exobelts, a Neosteel and even a pierced Lori's device. Almost gave up but then tried a Mature Metal device. It turned out to be the one for us and has led to permanent chastity.
    All that said, our opinion is as MB's above, a stainless steel custom device is an excellent choice. They can be rather expensive and we'd not wish anyone the trek we took finding the right one, but the end result was really worth it for us. Everybody is definitely different, but you're asking and we are saying, barring the dreaded 'medical emergency' the Mature Metal Birdcage I wear will never come off. Good luck!

DaviToy likes this.
  4. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    5:51 AM
    David,
    I have not been doing this long but have had tried two Chinese devices with the latest from DHGATE.
    They are really cheap and the quality is OK, the biggest problem I have is getting the size correct as the details are
    usually not very forth coming on the website.
    So I suggest if you try one get all the ring size options so you have it covered and don't have to keep going back.
    It is also important to study the design of the device as virtually the identical device can be shown a number of times however the locking pin may be different or the urethral tube may not be removable etc.
    In the end my one is a copy of the Looker 02 and fits pretty well after replacing the supplied rubber tube with some silicon tube that goes all the way around the ring, this would apply to all devices that have a hinged base ring only.
    One thing I have learnt is that just as an octopus can get through the tiniest hole the skin of the scrotum WILL get caught in the tiniest of gaps in the hinge and cause intense pain just when you least expect it.
    Most of the Chinese devices come with a small piece of rubber tube to cover the hinge, I have found that the edge of the
    rubber tend to expend slightly and trap the scrotum skin again causing pinching that is why I have now switched to
    silicon tube that goes all the way around.
    So my opinion is Chinese if you are on a tight budget and custom if you have money to spare and don't mind the wait.

DaviToy likes this.
  5. laferrij

laferrij Mistress' symbol

Boston Area
    Local Time:
    As stated earlier it is a very personal choice and does depend on usage and cost. Simply you get what you pay for. i am in a MM JailBird, but not before some tinkering on my own device and then a Chinese device, which we should boycott based on the hacking of this site, however the Chinese device could not be worn long term.

The MM device allows for a few things. Customization even after the initial purchase, and comfort which directly increases the amount of time you can spend in the device. From a pure return on investment perspective you can get your usage down to pennies per hour or days in my case.
    While i cannot speak to the other devices a custom device is my preference regardless of the manufacturer. It's what works for you.

DaviToy likes this.
  6. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I have used some Chinese devices, which were OK if you get the fit right, but I agree that the Mature Metal Jailbird is the best. The open design makes hygeine easy, and it it very comfortable. (I am a fan of the double base ring, having tried both.) Buy the plastic sizign rings for the base ring before you buy, and follow the measurign instructions to the letter.

DaviToy likes this.
  7. laferrij

Boston Area
    Local Time:
    Here,here on the double base ring and the plastic measuring kit.

8. breena

breena Member

Self Employed
    Hertfordshire
    Local Time:
    7:51 PM
    Based on my limited experience of a CB300 and a CB6000s my current relatively very cheap steel device from dhgate is by far and away the best, as comfortable as a chastity device should be with the option of the uretheral tube for under £35 it is on now and has been for 7 weeks and not coming off any time soon. Get one and enjoy.

DaviToy likes this.
  9. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    I have been forced to remove my Bra and Heels for this post and let the boys out.
    I disagree that a Chinese device should not be worn long term and I also disagree with boycotting them because of the site hacking.
    How many of you drive German or Japanese cars I wonder, Oh and I seem to remember some thing about Hong Kong.

Anyway I have been wearing my latest Chinese device continually for a couple of weeks now and as I stated the only problem I have found is that the hinged base ring can & will cause pinches, However this is easily solved with some silicon tube.
    As for the quality while I have not seen any of the custom devices in the flesh the pictures on the manufactures website don't show any better construction than the Chinese devices.
    The welds look just as good as does the finish, I would put my one against any I have seem pictures of.
    I have found no trouble sleeping and in fact most of the time I am not even aware I am wearing it in bed.
    I have also found that by having a shorter cage the erections during sleep seldom wake me and I very often sleep through the night.
    In closing my choice is based solely on price and availability, I was not able to purchase anything locally so tried DHGATE and found I can get the device post free in 2 weeks as opposed to some ridiculous wait for some of the others.

Now as I put my Bra back on and slip into my Heels......

Work out your priorities and then decide as from what I read nearly everyone has issues with even the most expensive device so be prepared to experiment a lot. If I had the money and time I like the look of the Queens Keep but until then my Chinese device will keep my Wife happy and my boy bits in check.

Also we lost a Good One today R.I.P. Robin Williams
    Nanoo Nanoo

Wendygirl likes this.
  10. Sunny

Sunny Long term member

Horticulturist
    Mumbai, India
    Local Time:
    1:21 AM
    I found my cage (my avatar) most suitable & convenient for me
    I don't have to remove it for cleaning
    It has excellent ventilation
    In addition I can pull out a little of my foreskin for peeing
    Yes, it is Chinese, but I never had rusting problem in the last 2 years
    Except security gate issues, I don't see any disadvantage

Wendygirl and DaviToy like this.
  11. DaviToy

DaviToy Member

Local Time:
    I use the #1 ring of CB600s, it's 2" in diameter and nice and snug.

12. DaviToy

DaviToy Member

Local Time:
    ... thanks! but, which relatively cheap steel device from dhgate is it? Thanks...

13. laferrij

Boston Area
    Local Time:
    A point of clarification on the whole Chinese thing. While i found the Chinese device sturdy and wearable i did find the device difficult to wear long term due to the hinge and the 90 degree edges(squareness) of the base ring. As a result W/we looked further into custom devices. If the Chinese device did not cut into the skin, even after applying medical tubing around the entire ring, there would have been no reason to look further. my post was based on O/our experience. i am glad others have found success with these devices and can recommend them, one size should never fit all.
    As for the boycott comment, it was a bit of tongue in cheek given the recent impact to this site, it is far fetched to believe the manufactures of chastity devices are sabotaging the net. Just a little brevity.

Yes. Good-bye Robbin.

14. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Not a problem, it just seemed like you were "throwing the baby out with the bath water".
    As I said I would like to try the Queens Keep just cant afford it so I envy you being able to go custom. :)
    Cheers.

laferrij likes this.
  15. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    8:51 PM
    MM or Lori

16. cagedlion

cagedlion Member

Local Time:
    12:51 PM
    In my opinion, the most important thing is fit and comfort. Over the last 15 years I have tested dozens of devices. During that time I wasn't practicing chastity, just reviewing for a web site. But I got to wear these devices for days on end before reviewing. Well, not all; some were dangerous and would have sliced me to shreds.

In the last year I tried several of the cheap Chinese cages The stainless steel models were all well made and reasonably comfortable, though none fit me that well. After reading lots of blog entries and forum discussions, I decided to go to Mature Metal and see about one of their cages. I am quite short when flaccid (1 1/2" long 1 1/4" diameter). The folks at MM said that the Jail Bird model would be best for my size. So I ordered one. I knew what size cock and ball ring I needed since I had tested all those Chinese devices. The cage they built fit very well and I hardly know it is on most of the time. Unfortunately, I ordered the cage too long. My first set of measurements showed me 2" long flaccid. I ordered the cage 1 3/4" long. The head of my penis would sometimes be about 1/2" away from the end of the cage. As a result peeing was difficult since my urethra didn't stay aligned with the square opening in the end of the cage. I asked MM for advice and I was told that my head should always be in firm contact with the cage. So I had them shorten it (they do this for a small fee) to 1 1/4" long. Now it is perfect! Everything stays lined up and the cage is always in contact with my entire penis.

I like steel way better than silicone or plastic and MM, in my opinion, does the best job with steel. This is me in my new cage. http://malechastityjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/07/new-cage-color.jpg

OwnedbyLeeanne and DaviToy like this.
  17. N23orMore

N23orMore Long term member

Local Time:
    I love my MM Jailbird. Can clean easily and wear 24/7. Fits like a glove and no problems with chaffing or pinching once I got the gap corrected.

18. DaviToy

DaviToy Member

Local Time:
    ... what is your experience with birdlocked.com? The $125?

19. Subeva74

Subeva74 Active member

IT
    Netherlands
    Local Time:
    9:51 PM
    I have similar problems. In the last year I have bought 3 chastity devices, 1 silicone from ebay one that broke quite fast. the next was a plastic CB2000 but is was WAY too long and the hinge on the bottom was really pinching my skin, so I found a steel CB6000S (imitation) on dhgate. This fitted pretty good and I wore is for several weeks to my mistress’s full pleasure. :spank:

After some time I noticed some white rust on the inside of the device, I cleaned it several times but the rust kept getting worse. I haven’t wore the device for some time now, the rust was too bad.

I want to buy a device that fits perfectly without spending $300. Because of the problem with the CB2000 hinge I want a device with a solid ring, made from stainless steel.

Anyone got a suggestion ?

20. N23orMore

N23orMore Long term member

Local Time:
    Save up and spend it one last time on something that will last would be my suggestion. Look how much you have already spent on the others. That would have bought a stainless steel by now depending on how cheap you got them. As you are finding out many of the Chinese crap is not solid steel but chromed and will eventually rust. I would rather not take the chance to getting an infection from the rusted cage.

laferrij, cagemeplease and guest 2942 like this.
  21. danzig592

danzig592 Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Columbus, Ohio
    Local Time:
    In my experience, the birdlocked is the least secure trapped ball device I have tried. No trapped ball device is completely secure without a piercing or urethral insert, but with the birdlocked it is stupid easy to not only pull out, but to entirely remove the device. If you have a high and tight scrotum like myself, I would definitely stay away from birdlocked.

That being said, I have one I would sell you for cheap if you still wanna try it.

My two cents would be to try a couple chinese steel devises to figure out what size and shape you like, then think about upgrading to a custom steel device. Stay away from anything with a hinged ring.

I also have the device in Sunny's avatar, and it is great bang for the buck. If I didn't come across a used MM device in the measurements I was looking for, I would still be wearing it. That being said, my MM device is tremendously more comfortable.

22. JetMirage

JetMirage Owned Hubby

Local Time:
    My wife and I have tried a few devices, and our Mature Metal Jailbird easily takes the cake. It is the favorite for both of us.

23. chastingfun

chastingfun Long term member

New England
    Local Time:
    Quite frankly, it all depends on affordability, how serious you (and your KH) are, and how long you plan on playing. The plastic ans silicone ones are OK for part time play but are not good for long term.

When it comes to metal, it depends on comfort. Yeah custom are good, but necessarily the best or ideal. My KH and I would never purchase a MM Jailbird or anything like it because we do not like the idea of how open it is and stimulation is all too easy. We prefer a unit that is all enclosed but still can be cleaned easily. Also, the money people are spending on these custom devices are insane in our book.

I was using a cheap chrome plated Chinese device as pictured in my avatar. I am very handy in my workshop and was able to easily customize it for our needs. I wrote an article here about it. http://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?threads/a-cheap-cage-turned-into-a-great-cage.13058/ It was easy to clean, prevented any king of stimulation and could be worn for very long stints without any issue. Oh, and I created an anti-pullout device for it that really works. (My secret) The device in the avatar cost me $18.00 including my custom mods and has been worn up to 4 months without removal and no problems. Absolutely perfect for us but I wanted stainless.

I now have a real stainless steel cheap Chinese device (actually 2) that looks similar to the one in my avatar. Those cost me $24.00 for 2 and $3.00 for mods and they could be worn indefinitely. I modified the pee hole to a slot that could allow for a piercing if I wanted. I am currently just over 3 months in one of them.

Here's a link to the device. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless...longer-Cage-Gimp-New-Style-A085-/331144785394

Keep knocking these devices from China. One day, they will surpass everybody else. The improvements they have made in such a short time is scary. Anybody who is handy can have what they want very reasonably with these devices.

24. cagedlion

cagedlion Member

Local Time:
    12:51 PM
    I started with an inexpensive Chinese cage. The best prices are at dhgate.com. Search on "chastity". There are a lot of different devices, and each device has a bunch of dealers. You can shop for the best price. I bought three to discover which size base ring and cage would work best for me. After finding one that fit pretty well, I wore it a month and then ordered a Jail Bird from Mature Metal. The cage is very effective.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice