Hitting the one week wall

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Socal_locked, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Socal_locked

Socal_locked Junior Member

San Diego
    Local Time:
    4:56 AM
    So I got my Lori 8c fitting pretty well to the point where I can sleep comfortably in it at night. But it seems I hit a roadblock after about a week of having it on most of the time. No blood flow type issues now. The last time I took it off for inspection I found the underside of my penis was really tender. I'm kind of puzzled because I didn't have any pain when it was on.

I can't figure out of if it is chaffing or it is some kind of diaper rash from urine getting under the bottom. I am a dribbler and even though its is an open design, the bottom part is more closed. Is this common?

Of course it could be chaffing from the nighttime erection attempts, but the top and side of the penis, as well as the head is unaffected. I don't know how many of you can go a whole month, much less a year!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. KatlynAshe

KatlynAshe Busy busy busy

Local Time:
    6:56 AM
    Let it rest for one. After rest you could try some different options.

One would be to take the device off every time you pee and otherwise wear like normal. Then you would determine if peeing is the problem.

You could also try a quick blow drier after peeing to ensure you're fully dry. I would likewise be curious about what kind of underwear you are wearing. You want sleep in something very breathable. Your current climate/environment may help contribute to the issue especial if its moist vs dry.

Peter Rabbit and Socal_locked like this.
  3. Socal_locked

San Diego
    Local Time:
    Thanks KatlynAshe. I don't wear any underwear while sleeping. During the day I was wearing boxer briefs that I think are some kind of blend. They offer some support to the device which is heavy.

I think your suggestion to remove it occasionally is good to check on it , and see if urine is building up. It will be hard removing it at night but I will for the morning shower.

4. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    5:56 AM
    Even if you’re not getting urine trapped, there may be other issues like not getting completely dry after bathing, or even plain old sweat building up. If there’s any access to get a q-tip or something absorbent in there, try to get it as dry as you can once or twice daily, and maybe apply some Vaseline or something to help soothe things and repel the moisture.

Socal_locked likes this.
  5. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I use baby oil gel under the sack around the ring, then a little between the cage and balls where they are pressed together. I think the light layer of lubricant makes the dribbles not soak in.

6. Socal_locked

San Diego
    Local Time:
    Thanks! Good point about making sure things are really dried out after a shower, and using something as a barrier. It is an open design, but there is a solid area underneath where the PA pin would go through (not pierced now but got it for an option) that could trap and hold moisture.

After a couple free days I work it overnight and had no irritation. I removed it for todays shower.

7. steph17

steph17 Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:56 PM
    I was going to answer, but you have heard it before.

8. Deleted member 11770

I have similar limitations for wearing my Lori 2B. Up to a week, no problem. Longer than that and the skin under the ring gets sore, then chafed. Its more difficult in cold weather. I believe the problem is caused by localized pressure, not moisture. One thing I have found that can help to extend the lockup time is to use a bandaid between the ring and the affected area of skin (soft side of bandaid against the skin). Change the bandaid every day. Also liberal use of silicone lube between the ring and skin.

Anyway longest I've gone 24/7 without removal has been less than 3 weeks. Wish I could go for longer. I probably need to have a new ring made for it.

9. luckyhubby83

luckyhubby83 Long term member

Local Time:
    Lotion or baby oil on the base ring or any wear spots. Make sure you dry the skin with a hair dryer after bathing too

10. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    5:56 AM
    Keeping your self clean and dry is more important when your caged also. A little baby oil gel goes a long ways to make things more comfortable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice