Just got my first printer

Discussion in '3D printing files' started by Consumed, Jan 28, 2024.

1. Consumed

Consumed Right where I belong.

Albany NY
    Local Time:
    3:39 PM
    Picked up an ender v3 se. Getting used to cura program.
    I've found a few chastity cages online but what is the easiest way to edit like the base ring diameter?

Which program would you recommend to a beginner to design a cage or at least remix an existing design?

2. DoctorDib

Local Time:
    8:39 PM
    I highly suggest learning Blender, it's free, powerful and quick to learn. Here are some suggested add-ons for Blender

If you haven't modelled before, it is a learning curve but it can be very rewarding!

Happy modelling!

Consumed likes this.
  3. JessMal

JessMal Active member

Local Time:
    3:39 PM
    It's difficult (though possible) to make changes to STL (3d object) files directly. Much easier to edit if you have the original file or a step file, etc.

As for learning to design, a lot of people like Tinker Cad, Free Cad, Fusion 360, OnShape, and OpenScad. I personally decided to use Onshape, but that's just me and all of them are fine.

I also ended up finding the perfect cage (for me) that was designed in OpenScad, which made it real easy to dial in the length, diameter, ring size, etc.

Consumed likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice