Kink in Pop Culture

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by simpletwistfate, Oct 2, 2012.

1. simpletwistfate

simpletwistfate Under Consideration by Mistress Magick

Local Time:
    5:16 AM
    Let's use this thread to talk about when the subject is directly or indirectly addressed in pop culture. I'll start.

In tonight's episode of How I Met Your Mother, Barney drew up a prenup for his fiance Quinn. Outraged, Quinn vented to the other female characters and together they came up with a prenup for Barney. It became a gag device that allowed them to show funny hypothetical solutions to exaggerated problems.

Now, Quinn is a stripper so in her prenup she said Barney would need to be kept under control when her very attractive friends come to visit. In the scene Barney is serving them hor dourves and addresses Quinn as Mistress. She then presses a shock collar button and Barney is on the floor in pain. The scene cuts back to real life and Barney says "Wait, if the shock collar isn't around my neck then..." and Quinn smiles and says "It's actually more like a shock ring". We then learn the whole thing was Lilly's idea.

In fact, they often hint at sexual deviancy on this show, though this is the most direct that I've seen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice