Birdlocked Pico knock-offs

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by hijk, Jan 26, 2014.

1. hijk

hijk Long term member

Canberra
    Local Time:
    9:57 PM
    A few months back I bought a suspiciously cheap Birdlocked Pico off of eBay for about US$35 that I've been wearing on and off.

Upon receiving the package, there's seemingly no way to tell that it's a fake (apart from where I got it and how much I paid for it). That said, I haven't seen a legitimate silicone chastity device (either Birdlocked or Bon4) in person to be able to compare the quality of the materials. It came in a zipped puch (with the same logo, etc. as found on photos on the Birdlocked website), locking strap, pin and a brass lock (which I haven't used as I'm a tad worried that it would cut the silicone).

I suspect many of the points I'm going to make here reflect on many - if not all - soft silicone chastity devices; I'm also unsure how much of this will apply to the real Pico as opposed to the knockoff.

To start this review, I'll discuss the most noticeable difference between this cage and others: the 17 internal spikes.

Despite many posts online stating that the Pico - with its internal spikes - is more suitable for relatively short-term play chastity or punishment, I'm able to wear it non-stop for extended periods (as in a few days). I've even been able to bring myself to a few semi-pleasurable releases (solely for scientific purposes :p): one by manual stimulation (which is possible because it's a silicone device; the spikes do tend to dig in when doing this, which to a slight extent can add to the experience, but it does get monotonous and resulted in a few cramps in my hand) and by a massage device.

That said, my anatomy is that of an un-cut grower; as such my glans are protected and I can shrink a bit away from the spikes. But even then I generally have the spikes digging into me slightly. The spikes only seem to really affect me if I a) actually get excited and try to grow, b) knock the cage against something whilst sitting, etc. or c) actually squeeze it to prove that it's still there :p I don't think I'm particularly attracted to CBT (in that I don't exactly like the spikes) but they just don't bother me all that much.

When I take the cage off, I typically have marks left from each of the spikes, one or two of which might have an actual bruise or pooled blood underneath.

But I managed to sleep rather well even on my first night wearing the cage, which hasn't always been the case with other devices.
    Cage design

The Birdlocked devices (and their knock-offs) differ from most mass-produced chastity devices in that you don't have a choice of rings: you order a device with a specific ring size, and the ring is attached to the cage.

This does have an impact on putting on and removing the device, but in terms of day-to-day wear the only significance this has had on me is the ball-splitter tube underneath: when my scrotum tightens and shrinks, one of my testes may try to sneak past the splitter and join the other. It hasn't yet succeeded, but it does require some manual adjustment. That said, I've had to do manual adjusting in other cages as well just to pull the scrotum back through the base ring (which I also need to do with the Pico) so this isn't that different.
    Material

The silicone can get a bit "grippy" to my skin. I tend to use the occasional bit of moisturiser rather than lube, which might have an impact on this. This primarily has an impact on putting the cage on and adjusting it every now and then, making these tasks a tad more difficult. Though it also means that it might not move as much when adjusting the seat of your pants when sitting down, etc. so you might get some more awkward pinching (combined with the wider base ring and spikes) than from other cages.

There is another aspect that the material does have: I've noticed more of a funk coming off of this cage more than I have others. I'm not sure how much of this is due to the silicone keeping more of the bodily odour than other materials, or whether I'm actually smelling the silicone (and I don't know whether this is as big of an issue with real Birdlocked cages rather than this knock-off).

As such, I tend to take the cage off more to wash it to get rid of the smell than because the spikes are hurting me.​

Putting it on/taking it off

Here is the official Birdlocked installation video.

As with most cages, you first put the testes through the base ring one at a time, and then the shaft (slightly more complicated than a polycarbonate or metal device due to the grippiness of the silicone). Where it differs is the next step: as the cage is connected to the ring, I have to bend the shaft a bit more to get it in.

Furthermore, the spikes make it more difficult: they reduce the interior diameter and you have to get the shaft past them. It took me a bit of fiddling the first time or two, but now it's not too bad.

More of an issue (and I don't know if this is also an issue for the real Birdlocked cages): the locking strap (that goes around the base ring, and holds the ball-splitting tube in place) has two holes for the locking pin... but neither of them seems to be in the right spot for the 45mm base ring. The first hole makes it too loose, and the second one requires some stretching to get over the pin.​

Comfort

Ignoring the spikes... :p

I find the cage overall rather comfortable. The biggest issue is that the relative width of the base ring combined with the grippiness of the silicone means that it can randomly grip you when making a sudden move (causing a pinch), or the scrotal sack can pull back through the base ring easily but require a bit more manipulation to put back through.​

Security

It's silicone: you can cut it (so there's no way of ensuring it stays on), and you can manipulate yourself (if you're willing to have the spikes repetitively poke into you, and possibly cramp your hand depending on how desperate you are as you keep squeezing and releasing).

But whilst pullout may very well be possible, I think the spikes would make it difficult to put the shaft back in again. And the stimulation you can achieve is only so-so (I tend to prefer stroking, and not having spikes stab me whilst stimulating myself :p).​

In summary

For what I paid for this, I'm quite happy with it. The spikes make it more interesting (and if I get sick of them I can always carefully trim them off) and overall it's relatively comfortable and no more obtrusive than other cages.

The all-in-one construction does mean you can't compare with a different sized base ring (I think because of the slight stretchability of the silicone going down to a 40mm ring might help prevent the scrotal sack going through without cutting off blood supply, but I can't quite try it out) but I'm not sure how well the cage would work if the cage was detachable (I have seen some complaints about the Bon4 devices that have this "feature" that it can be difficult to put on because of it).

The biggest issue I have - and one that prevents me with experimenting with longer lockups (in conjunction with various life things where I'm not yet comfortable wearing a cage to, mainly the gym and getting a massage) - is the funk that builds up. After a few days it gets rather noticeable and so I need to wash it. The smell even lingers after washing it with anti-bacterial soap and dipping it into boiling water for 2 min, which makes me think it's something to do with the silicone (which is probably commercial- rather than medical-grade).

But until I get someone willing to lock me into a cage - thus making it worth my while to experiment again with custom-made devices - this will suffice my on-and-off again need for chastity (at least until it falls apart).​

2. hijk

hijk Long term member

Canberra
    Local Time:
    Something I forgot to have in my initial post (and I couldn't find an option to edit it):

Hygiene

The urine slot at the end of the tube seems to line up well, but I've still been sitting down to urinate rather than trying to stand. After dabbing with toilet paper, I haven't had any issues about leftover urine.

The relatively large slot combined with the malleability of the silicone helps to clean around the glans, but the spikes make up for this by getting in the way of any finger you try and put up there to clean.​

3. hijk

hijk Long term member

Canberra
    Local Time:
    Something else I forgot (and didn't do within the edit window):

Cage design (cont.)

One possible issue with the ball splitter tube is that I've always been attracted to (and slightly aroused by :p) stories where the Owner/Keyholder would grab the male's balls hanging below the cage and say "Mine"... but the splitter keeps the scrotum up near the cage and would prevent something like this from happening :(

4. Caner

Caner New member

Local Time:
    2:57 PM
    Don't ever buy this product!!!! you'll see it doesn't work and they won't give your money back as it happened to me!!!. IT DOESN'T WORK!! First of all the silicone material is so soft and easy to bend - you can easily slip your penis out even when it's dry!!!!. When you are taking a shower you can remove the whole device and place it back like a toy!! It has nothing to do with the size, I had the o perfect size - the problem is with the design and the softness of the material. You can even masturbate when you are wearing it!!!! I had the prince albert model -- you remove it and stay with this useless device hanging from the piercing. It's a complete scam, expensive and useless product and the worst way to spend your money. If you think you should waste your money then go and waste with identical Chinese clones, at least they will be cheaper and they will give your money back.

5. hijk

hijk Long term member

Canberra
    Local Time:
    @Caner ummmm.... I am talking about a Chinese clone...

Also, to an extent what you're saying also depends upon whether you're willing to try and escape the chastity device (because it was "forced" upon you), rather than just enjoying wearing one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice