What about development smart internal lock

Discussion in 'Online chastity and self locking' started by pdlvw, Aug 9, 2023.

1. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    8:06 AM
    Hi everyone,

I have 2 questions in this post:
    1. would there be a need for a product that I have been thinking about developing for a long time;
    2. are there people who want to help me develop this?

Again and again I think how nice it would be if you had an electronic alternative to the Burg-Wachter ME/2 cylinder lock that everyone knows with smart functionality.

I am thinking of a concept with which the opening of the lock can be controlled in a 'smart' way. The key to the opening of the lock lies in a server and a mobile phone is used in this concept as a means of communication between the server and the lock. The communication between phone and lock should then work wirelessly, via nfc or bluetooth LE.

In terms of software, I have a good idea of how I can get this done safely and secure and I have the skills to program firmware, app and server. I lack the skills to design the electronics and the mechanics, but also to be able to produce them.

I see enough challenges (not in the software) but in the peripheral phenomena around it. These lie mainly in the energy supply and the minimalist design that is required for the mechanics.
    My questions are
    1. would people think this is a cool product;
    2. are there people who want to take up the challenge with me and explore whether this is feasible.

I need expertise in electronics, mechanical design, product design, production, manufacturing, and marketing. Also a UIX designer would be a welcome addition.

Answer the first queston in public in this thread.

Sign up, preferably in my inbox if you think you can mean something and would like to collaborate.

2. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    7:06 AM
    It would be interesting, but;

Development costs?

Hardware: ????
    Server software, plus server rental costs, plus systems like backing it up, security etc. At lest 12k a year,plus probably 50k development.
    App software, which you will need to connect the bluetooth lock to the internet: Could be 20k, with maintenance perhaps 10-20k pa.

Since you lack so much, what do you bring to the party?

3. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    I bring the app, server and firmware development to the party, as I said. That is inclusive the design of the security protocols.

4. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    Good luck then :)

pdlvw likes this.
  5. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    That is nice, thank you

6. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    4:06 PM
  7. ldsnet

ldsnet Active member

Local Time:
    11:06 PM
    The only way to make the product profitable is to have a much larger customer base than locked dudes.
    The berg watcher lock was repurposed from much older keyway locks, there were tens of thousands in production.
    2nd hurdle is the size and working environment. Miniaturized in a very inhospitable invironment are two very difficult hurdles for the lock.
    Only a few options for a good remote controlled key box, even less for a regular padlock. Building something small enough for a chastity device?

bondinchas likes this.
  8. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    Yes true, I see the limitations in space as a major challenge. I do not know if it is feasible because of this. That is why I ask here. The software and logics is no problem.

9. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    With a background in electronical engeneering, I will argue that this is not possible with current tecknology. You need a battery, cpu, wifi, engine og lock mechanics all waterproffed in a VERY small space.

The software is 1% of this project.

10. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    Thanks. The CPU (microcontroller) can be very small, could be ESP32 or mRF52 series (a few mm). Only Bluetooth LE is necessary (already inside microcontroller). The antenna needs its place.

Battery looks like a problem indeed. However keep in mind, BLE communication is only necessary on opening device. The other time the device can be off. And say yourself, how many times a year do you need that?

11. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    The mechanics can work with magnetic fields. I dont know. There are more possibilities.

12. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:

13. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Regarding the battery - you should think outside the box, literally.

There's no need to have a battery inside the lock.
    Just have two contacts and connect a battery when you want to operate the device.
    (That's how the emergency backup power supply is provided on electronic safe locks.)

lockedforfun likes this.
  14. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    Thanks. This was an option O was thinking of, houwever it is less user friendly. I think the battery is not the biggest problem, I think the locking machanics is the biggest problem.

Like to get suggestions.

15. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    Perhaps you could design a new lock specifically for chastity and then you could 3D print devices to fit it?

16. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    No better not because there are a lot of chastity devices with this internal lock.

17. Hey1234

Hey1234 Active member

Local Time:
    2:06 AM
    In my opinion, the smart lock is a nice forward looking concept that may not have value realized soon. The current work around seems to be fine—standard lock boxes used for real estate and short term rentals.

Iron78 likes this.
  18. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for your opinion!

19. pdlvw

pdlvw Member

Local Time:
    Oh wait i didnt pay you, i was disturbed when i was doing it. I'll still finish that.

20. horse

horse Junior Member

Local Time:
    Agreed, I just came here to mention this approach

same concept used here:
    https://www.medeco.com/en/products/...duct-details.aehpdp-xt-lfic-aeh_medeco_837222

All the lock needs is a planetary gear actuator and a cryptographic chip. A physical key holds the battery and does some variation of challenge/response to the embedded chip, and talk to the internet to check for any release code from the keyholder/timer/remote AI system.

Dependant on the chastity design, you could swap the actuator for a Nitinol shape memory alloy. This is the same unlock mechanism used in local Amazon drop-off locker cabinets.
    eg: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004775883283.html
    The latches are capable of holding around 50Kg

Something that just popped into my head are the greenhouse ventilation actuators that use wax expansion to control a vent pane, this concept could slowly latch a lock mechanism using the wearer's body heat alone, and a Nitinol wire could then pop open that latch

If you chose to include a battery then I'd still skip the Bluetooth interface, but instead incorporate a number of extremely low power anti tampering sensors, like detecting external vibrations from a sex toy or bending stress on the penis cover. Also logging the steel belt's nominal 37°C temperature history to confirm that it has been attached to a human body for as long as the wearer has claimed.

You can add a 2D barcode sticker.
    eg: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005467305143.html
    so that a system could periodically visually check locked integrity via a 2G barcode scan of the belt's QR serial number and belt seal cover
    eg: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005830040946.html

Future AI vision systems could monitor a belt wearer 24/7, enable AI supervised removal for bathing and defeat attempts to conceal a cut belt from the system, so the actual maintenance of this locked state becomes less of a chore for the keyholder.
    Doubtless this will be a nice side hustle for women in the future, their mere existence in the control loop being all that is required.

pdlvw likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice