eVotion Device Review

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by pokekey, Aug 18, 2016.

1. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    1:11 PM
    I got pierced last January, received the eVotion device about 3 months after that, and have been trying to get it to work for me since then. Here's a review of my experience so far.

Summary
    : Good design, good support, but it ultimately didn’t work for me because the pin irritated my piercing. I tried many adjustments to the shape and am now mostly sure it is the material that is causing the problem. See below for details of this process.

I also found that it developed a urine smell. This went away when I cleaned the device. Could be urine trapped in the hinge. I had to take it off and get close to it to notice the smell.

Support was good. Andy usually wrote back quickly. If the cage does not fit right they will re-print the bottom for $40 and the whole cage for a 30% discount. Andy said that many got re-prints. That brings the cost of the cage up to $325 to $400 (depending on options).

Design: I’m very impressed by the design. There is little I could think of to improve on it. Flexibility of 3D printing is fantastic. As the printers improve and the process gets cheaper I think this will be how things like chastity devices are made in the future. The hinge works smoothly and feels very sold. The straps fit very well and hold the two halves just as they should. It was clever work to make the straps attach in both directions. Padlock fits snug and does not rattle. I bought the snap-lock strap as well and, though I never used it, it looks to work great and decrease weight and bulk.

There are two problems with the design. The hinge has cavities that will hold urine and it is positioned just so that it will capture urine. The straps attach in hinge in such a way that it is very easy for them to trap your skin and give it a powerful, tight pinch as you are closing them. This is very painful. I had to be very careful to hold my skin out of the way. This could make it difficult for a KH to put the cage on you. These are compromises for some other good features and I can’t think of any way to improve them.

Material: I think my problem was that the nylon irritated my piercing. I’m not completely sure of that, but tried to eliminate everything else that could be causing a problem and was still getting irritated when I rain out of time and patience for fussing with it. Again, further details below.

It would be nice if they sold a curve barbell made out of the nylon that customers could use to confirm they can wear nylon in their piercing. If I could test that independent of the cage then I would know if it is worth fussing further.

It would also be nice if they could offer a metal pin.

Fitting: Since the design has to get a PA pin in the right place AND a ridge behind the glans, the fitting has to be just right. They have improved their description of measuring but could still use some better way to be sure dimensions are correct. Reprints are probably common because it is difficult to get these measurements correct on floppy, changeable tissue. I did my best and still got the ridge position wrong. I know how I would like to change my device and if I could resolve the problem with the pin I would order a re-print.

Andy encouraged me to select a diameter so that it was just touching my flacid penis. The size was right and the device just touches with enough pressure to hold it in place, most of the time. I find that when I drop my drawers to pee the device is dangling there with a couple mm of space. My absorption in other tasks, the weight, what ever, has allowed my penis to shrink enough to loose contact. I would order a little snugger next time.

Andy also encouraged shorter for comfort. I followed that advice and find that when erect enough of my shaft is left uncovered that I might be able to masturbate. I would order longer as well.

My Process: Recognizing that fitting was important I spent some time on it. I went as far as to take a photo of the profile of my penis, bring it into a drawing program, scale it to size, and measure on that too.

I got my device about 90 days after getting pierced. I was fairly well healed but it was only 90 days. Putting it on I noticed that my glans would easily slide past the ridge. Worried that the device was too far forward I would pull skin into it so my glans sat on the ridge. Within a couple hours my piercing was irritated so I took it off. On and off in the next couple days to see if my piercing would adapt but it just got more irritated.

The pin was originally covered with wax and smooth. That wore off after several cleanings and the texture was a little rough.

Thinking that the problem was that the pin was either pulling or pushing on the piercing did some more measurements. Wearing just the bottom piece so it was in a neutral position I measured from pin tip to back side of glans. I put the device back together and measured from pin tip to the glans ridge. This showed the ridge was about 5mm too far forward. I got out a file and took off as much material as I could from that part of the device. And I used some sugru to form a ridge further back.

Now I was fairly sure that the pin was neutral forward and back but my piercing was still getting irritated. Maybe the pin was too rough? I ordered some fine grit wet-dry sand paper (up to 3,200grit) and polishing paste and polished the pin to a smooth finish. I waited another week and tried it again. I still got irritated.

At that point I noticed that a band on the device was pressing into the side of my glans. That band really should have run behind the glans but was too far forward. Having having adjusted the pin forward and backwards and then polished it with no improvement I figured that none of those were the problem and could be that side pressure was the problem. So I sanded off material from the sides until there was enough space for my glans to sit with out pressure.

It still hurt to wear. My piercing was irritated from all the recent fiddling. I got a break from that for a month of traveling. On return my piercing was is good shape. I tried the device again, for 2 hours, then 4, and then a short while. I noticed the irritation starting. I’m a week or two away from receiving a Lori device and don’t want to irritate my piercing. I’m done fiddling with the eVotion device for now.

Why didn’t it work? I was as sure as I can be that the pin was neutral in my piercing so I don’t count that as a possible reason:

1. Nylon does not work for me.
    2. The pin is shaped wrong for me.
    3. My piercing is still not healed enough.

#1 could be tested with a nylon barbell.

#2: The eVotion pin has a sharp bend. I think this is too low for me and put pressure on the inner front edge of my piercing. I could get a re-shaped lower part for $40, and that might be my next test.

#3: I think it is healed but fact is that this is the only device I've tried so I don't have evidence that I can wear a PA chastity device. Once I’m successful with the Lori tube I’ll have confirmed the piercing is healed enough.

So that is where I got with the eVotion. I would like to hear from anyone else who has one of these. Does it work for you?

2. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    9:11 PM
    Hi

Thanks for typing all that.

It is a very smart looking device no doubt about that.

My thoughts .

You could be right about the material so try a wrist band .Not an absolutely perfect test but enough sweat might be right ish Ph.

All the angles are wrong on the pin for you especially scrunched up in your underwear.
    Finish not as smooth as you think. Stainless is electro polish . The current goes for the high spots like a lightning conductor. So polished down to molecular size bumps effectively.

90 days and how long since last stretch to how big . ? My guess you are still not fully healed .

General pushing and pulling while you are going about your day. Lot of stress on what is probably quite a small bit of skin. That would happily alow or even fascilatate migration of the piercing thus being very tender.

Never been convinced about pa suported devices all the strain on the piercing.

Xx Wendy

maid_carrie likes this.
  3. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    4:11 PM
    i didnt have good luck with the evotion either but I think your probably not healed enough. Once healed very little will irritate the PA. I have also found that the larger guage PA you are the more comfortable. I didnt use my PA for a device until I was stretched to a 4 guage. 2 guage is even more comfortable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice