The Sexually Dominant Woman ~ Lady Green

Discussion in 'Book and movie reviews' started by Mistress Watchful, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:16 AM
    aka... A workbook for nervous beginners.

I've just read this book in two, very short, sittings.

If I'm honest, it bored the pants off me, but I will try and give it a reasonable review.

It is VERY basic and definitely for beginners (the clue is in the title!) but if that is the case, then I think the writing style was a little off base.

The information contained within was very very basic, but the style was more for someone who was already comfortable with the D/s lifestyle, and the two didn't match up.

The basic scene outlined would make me feel utterly stupid if I followed it. I tried to look at it from a novices point of view (and I'm no expert) but it still just seemed embarrassing!

I don't think I learned anything from this book. The safety aspect didn't go far enough or into enough detail... just "don't hit in these areas and have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher to hand".

I can't see it boosting the confidence of a "nervous beginner" or enlightening anyone in particular.

Maybe I'm just a little too far down the line to have read this book, but I wouldn't even suggest it to anyone who wants to encourage their partner to Dominate them.

If anyone else has read this, please comment, because I think my opinion may be slightly biased.

Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com ~ Other people's reviews seem to agree with mine, it is very basic and can be read in 20 minutes or so!

2. MasterG63

MasterG63 Senior Member

Local Time:
    I havent read that one but I did read "The Story of O" by Pauline Reage... :tongue::xd::angel:

Now THAT was a great read!

3. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    O is a great book.

You should go and write a full review! :tongue:

4. MasterG63

MasterG63 Senior Member

Local Time:
    It was actually the book responsible for getting me interested in BDSM in the first place....

I was 14 :angel:

I was at boarding school :squigglemouth:

I stole a copy from the English Masters Study :crossedlips:

I read it, at night, after lights out, under the bed covers, torch under my chin, book in one hand, cock in the other!! :xd:

Ahhh! Happy days!

Brilliant book! If you havent read it - go & get a copy NOW!!! :kiss:

5. xdcflyx

xdcflyx Lady K

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:16 PM
    As a nervous beginner, I did read this book. I actually wasn't looking to be a Dom at the time, but only writing about one so not knowing thing one about the lifestyle it gave me what I was looking for.

As someone who is seriously considering taking a sub for the first time, I'm going to read it again since it's hidden in the bottom of my drawer. I'm going to order a few others to read on vacation in two weeks.

This site is a godsend!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice