Freedom of speech in the forum.....again.

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Mascara^Snake, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HollyC

HollyC Active member

Local Time:
    2:03 AM
    #26 HollyC, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    @TitaniumChastiTi in between your (third, fourth?) announcement of leaving you likened the admin here to dictatorships and Mein Kamf. Do you really think this helps add legitimacy to your argument? Because frankly it makes you sound like a clown. First rule of debating society was if you resort to comparing people to the Nazis you are clearly losing the plot.

steviepie, joe01, richard and 5 others like this.
  2. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    3:03 AM
    I have REALLY tried - over and over and over again.

Let me tell You a story:
    In Denmark we have a politician who was extremely popular. Morten MesserSchmidt is his name. At the last election he personally counted for 20% of all votes casted!! Amazing. However that somehow got the better of him, because he saw himself lifted above normal rights and regulations. He took certain liberties, and started to use of fundings for his own benefit, creating false documentation etc etc... When it was discovered, his party suffered severely and has not recovered yet. And he? He still think that every else is to blame...

Lucy and maid_carrie like this.
  3. obedient.boy

obedient.boy Active member

Local Time:
    I can only say this si extremely bad move, but as you are the owner and admin it is your choice. Anyway this will hurt community and quality of forums and for me personally it is the reason to move.

4. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    From your experience of only a few days on CM I think should be noted. However for those who have been around for some time will as likely have a much different view of the matter.

Xx Wendy

5. obedient.boy

obedient.boy Active member

Local Time:
    Just a short note. The fact I have been registered here for few weeks has nothing to do how long I have been reading these forums.

RGL likes this.
  6. sillymaid

sillymaid <--- that's me....

Local Time:
    People come, people go, no one's irreplaceable..just like work, you might think your a big cog in the machine, but the machine trundles on without you.

What I hate most here is the in fighting and people being horrible to each other. If you've nothing nice to say, then shut up. Enough unhappiness in the world without having it here.

Plenty of places to exercise ones free speech, free speech is not an excuse to be uncaring or mean.

The waves will become ripples, then the calm....it will be alright.....let's chill and enjoy our chastity.... :) Hugs and kisses to you all.. xoxox

7. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    A not so @sillymaid :)

Jens likes this.
  8. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Indeed we are looking for much more tolerance and a culture of understanding rather than the way some of the threads have gone in the past.

Xx Wendy

Thatguyontheinternet and Jens like this.
  9. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    #34 Jens, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Well, If you only knew how I have worked to avoid this move... But at one point You have to look at the bigger picture. And even though many in here has build relations with Amanda, there are so much more members who just want it nice an easy here on CM. Members with no knowledge of all the drama - Thank God! I chose to serve them and the stability of CM. Also to rebuild my own passion for this place...

lockit likes this.
  10. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    I think most would prefer CM to be fun rather than a ring side seat at a bar brawl.

The sentiments I am hearing are " now we can relax and have fun "
    Which is what I want in the Mansion .

Xx Wendy

Joroincharge, richard and lockit like this.
  11. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    People could relax and have fun before - nothing is new now.

The same space is given to all to discuss and relate as ever it was. I suppose the only real change in recent months is that we no-longer tolerate fights or other bad behaviour.

12. frankie teardrop

frankie teardrop Long term member

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    Seriously, how long can you hold out against Ms. Amanda being here? It's like trying to find out how long you can hold your breath underwater! And for what purpose?

In some circles (Polite Society, for example, although I've never actually been there) the 'constant bickering' we breathlessly witnessed is known as witty repartee. If the 'optometrist' exchange is what is being referred to, it was pretty mild. It didn't seem very vindictive to me, plus it drew people's attention to the product. Everyone's a winner really. Oh, except Ms. Amanda got banned.

I like Ms. Amanda a lot ... and it doesn't automatically follow that I don't like others, it's just that she's the one that keeps getting the book thrown at her.

13. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    I for one agree with all the comments above especially sillymaids version of what the Mansion used to be like and how hopefully it will become again a happy place for members who share a fantasy for all things chastity related for starters. I for one hope evryone will accept the chance to move forward to bigger and better times.

Wendygirl and Jens like this.
  14. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    Frankie, I have tried so many times to reason with her, to get her to work with me and Cm for the future of CM. Strangely enough she picked a fight over that everytime...

maid_carrie likes this.
  15. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    If anyone from outside were to look in here and see what has been happening they would seriously wonder why these members who rant and rave so much each time they are told to behave or leave choose to rejoin so quickly and then set about moaning again about being told to leave? if i was in a club or organisation that i felt was "so bad" and badly organised i would leave and not return or choose to set up my own little kingdom and recruit all the other ex members who had agreed with my point of view, however in the real world! once you leave the club you realise that actually you are not "that important" after all and as others have stated the world carries on whether you are there or not. The one thing this particular ex member could never get to grips with was there was someone who could correct her or tell her to behave and follow the rules we all have to follow but instead of just accepting the fact things had changed she chose to keep coming back in and making a stink whenever she got a chance. I think Admin was right to grasp the nettle and i applaud and support whatever decision he chooses to make if i did not then i have the choice to leave as well.

Jens and maid_carrie like this.
  16. sissy_maid_melody

sissy_maid_melody Active member

Local Time:
    I quietly walked away from the Mansion the last time Amanda was reinstated as a moderator. I feared what would happen and didn't wish to be a part of it. I truly wish I'd been wrong but as they say, a leopard doesn't change its spots.

I hope that the over the top rhetoric is soon put aside. I know people have emotional investments in places like the Mansion as a place to express their inner feelings and desires with like minded people. That's what CM was and should remain to be. For those with complaining about free speech, rights and the dictatorship of Jens I have some questions - Where were you when the Mansion was about to die ? How much did you contribute to keep it going ?

Jens stepped forward, he's invested a lot of time and resources in to not just keeping CM going without advertising but also doing a wholesale revamp of the place. With that goes the right to decide when enough is enough ? To my mind he's been overly tolerant, but then if I'd been in Jens' place I'd have flicked the switch on CM ;-)

Let time take it's course. If the nature of CM is not what you want it to be, find somewhere else, but for God sake leave the histrionics behind and part with grace, dignity and style.

17. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    That is so well written thank you @sissy_maid_melody .

People forget how she used to relentlessly edit posts till threads were just about unreadable. Many people gave up on CM on that point alone .

While I see no reason to close this thread for the moment I would ask members to look forward to new possibilities rather than a past that is often not very palatable.

Xx Wendy

sissy_maid_melody likes this.
  18. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:

19. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:03 PM
    This has prompted me too go read the T & C page. I appreciate how brief it is for such legalistic statements, and I understand how necessary it is to have T & C that protect the site thus.
    However this one can be summarized as:
    "You are here at our sufferance, and we'll censor whatever we want"
    I think you may be missing a code of conduct statement for members as well as one for moderators.

20. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    In the general day to day running of CM things are very simple . Folk post others read and comment.

We don't envisage needing 200 page legal agreements such as you sign with say a windows up date and more to the point not ever reading .

What has happened is most unusual to say the least . As has be said CM is a legacy site we do everything we can do to protect the contents of posts and threads . Under the old owners this did not happen and threads become meaningless due to continued editing.

I would hazard a guess the only reason to request such a massive bulk deletion was to ruin CM .

However just because we are a bit on the stubborn side we are not going to do that. I think most if not all post to add to CM to make it what it is . So we have a duty to protect that gift from members.

Moving forward we are hoping that editing can be kept to a very very light touch indeed. Especially if people think before typing. Moderating should be a last resort if members just think first.

So pages of rules and regs can be left to gather dust in the drawer.

Xx Wendy

21. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    This was a huge problem backalong. Fortunately this is now a non-problem.

Wendygirl likes this.
  22. sissy_maid_melody

sissy_maid_melody Active member

Local Time:
    And that's just reminded me of a time when I've seen it done in real time. Many years ago, back in the days when a 19.2K modem was state of the art for internet access, I was in Mrs Silk's chatroom when she made one of her rare appearances. A couple of gurls in there didn't believe it was really her and started to take the piss out of her.

Getting very annoyed Mrs Silk decided the best way to prove it really was her was to switch the site off there and then. And to leave it off for 10 days. People were a lot more civil and respectful for quite some time after the site came back :D

Jens likes this.
  23. TitaniumChastiTi

TitaniumChastiTi Custom Bespoke Manufacturer

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Haha that just about sums it up, a Moderator, just over 1 years membership and experience and barely out nappies makes a comment like that about entering into debate, i learnt all my debating skills as a 16 year old apprentice 4000 feet underground as a mining engineer in a deadly working environment, not in some poncy university debating club sat behind a desk, grow up before you start calling people names !!!!

24. sillymaid

sillymaid <--- that's me....

Local Time:
    sigh....feeling upset....

25. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    Omg. . been away come back in and it's the same old bollocks. . Here's hoping for the next amandaexit .. but even then she never left. ..

Boring boring boring boring. .
    Lucy x

RGL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice