Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    11:45 AM
    I am in no way anti vaccination. I am vaccinated myself. I am also however very strongly pro-choice and to make a choice you need to be able to see, understand and discuss all viewpoints; not just those on one side of a debate.

Increasingly we are seeing resports that many of the interventions used during the pandemic were, at best, of questionable value. This has probably been quite obvious to many for a long time as the simple application of common sense is enough to call many of them into question however it is likely to lead to further pressure to suppress any questioning or discussion of the 'official' line as efforts to protect the reputations of political leaders & protect them from the fallout increase.

While I understand the desire to limit the reach of conspiracy theories and false information I also fear that such efforts will lead to suppression of legitimate debate and encourage a 'state knows best' mentality which is extremely unhealthy for the democratic process.

The willingness of large social media companies to impose censorship should concern us all. Freedom of speech is the bedrock of all democratic societies and that must include the freedom to question, argue and disagree with any viewpoint, however uncomfortable that may make people.

It's been said many times but bears repeating now more than ever :

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

2. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    All governments bowed to the most hysterical element of society. The biggest lesson should be never to panic. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing.

It's getting very sinister. The most worrying thing is that the majority of people don't even notice it.

Lazlo Toth, subrick and Dianna1395 like this.
  3. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    Governments are like dung flies they jump from one place to another In hope not to be caught out knee deep in it.
    They lie,cheat,hide all they can and make laws to protect themselves and there rich cronies but sod the rest of society as they don’t matter.
    They are truly the biggest parasites on earth

Reality is anyone who wants to get into government should be banned for life as they are definitely not the right people.

Lazlo Toth and Dianna1395 like this.
  4. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    #2529 L-u-c-y, Mar 30, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    We increased flu shots over 15-fold between 1980 and 2020. You’ll never BELIEVE what happened next!

17 hr ago

[​IMG]

SOURCE

We went from 12 million flu shots in 1980 to almost 200 million in 2020.

Great job! We totes got rid of the flu, right?

Well, here’s flu deaths from 1959 to 2016:

[​IMG]
    SOURCE

See the trend?

No?

THAT’S BECAUSE THERE ISN’T ONE. There is absolutely no relationship between the number of flu “vaccines” we give and deaths from influenza.

Actually it’s worse that that, because 2017-18 - not shown on this chart - was the worst year for flu deaths in decades - probably since the Hong Kong flu of 1968.

[​IMG]
    Turns out the flu shot is just as useless as the Covid shot, but no one noticed because it isn’t as dangerous.

Not as dangerous medically, I mean. Arguably more dangerous societally because the public health bureaucracy’s commitment to ramping up flu shots at all costs became the prototype for the Covid mRNA shot campaigns.

Instead of asking if the reason people didn’t want to get jabbed was that the shots manifestly DID NOT WORK, the authorities simply looked for ways to encourage or force people to take them. By 2010, research on “vaccine hesitancy” and “compliance” began to accelerate.

This is what happens when process - taxpayer-funded process - gets separated from outcome, when too many people have too much money and careers at stake for anyone to ask the question: Does any of this make sense?

And so when Covid came the vaccinators knew EXACTLY what to do. Except this time the money made the funding for flu shots look like a rounding error.

Getting out of this ditch is going to be very, very difficult.

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/influenza-virus-gonna-virus?s=r

5. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I was halfway through listening to a great podcast about this when I read your post.

How Big Tech Is Strangling Your Freedom
    Bari Weiss
    https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...ing-your-freedom/id1570872415?i=1000555567685

Guest 3291 and Dianna1395 like this.
  6. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    6:45 AM
    A wild world. You can't openly discuss anything covid. I know it is a cliche at this point but you can follow Taliban officials, CCP officials, and The kremlin on Twitter. Xi Jinping's press secretary is interestingly enough allowed to make accurate and truthful posts about our country (the U.S.) that we are not allowed to make ourselves.

subrick, Dianna1395 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  7. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    3:45 AM
    I tried Discord once. It seemed nothing more than a fancy chat room.

I am sure that Discord would be fine spreading the "sissies need to be milked once a month" myth.

subrick likes this.
  8. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Sue,

While your last statement is a bit harsh, I understand your point. This is particularly true for those who wish to be in charge of a society where everyone is supposedly equal. For example, in a communist society such as China, why would you want to be in charge? Isn't everyone supposed to be treated "each according to his needs and from each according to his ability"?

We know the answer: despots.

9. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Above you all made several great posts about government distortion to health issues. It reminds me of what the great social thinker and economist Thomas Sowell said: The government is NOT the personification of collective will. Rather, it's an entity unto itself that cares about its survival and profit.

His example was the Minimum Wage Commission. A group dedicated to the continuance of a national minimum wage. No matter what the data showed for efficacy, the minimum wage is here to stay because people make a living off of administering it.

Same, obviously, with Covid. Only times a zillion. Far too many people make a living off of the disease. It (or the system supporting it) will never die.

subrick likes this.
  10. Dianna1395

Dianna1395 Long term member

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Maybe it's time to get involved in HAM radio, and start homesteading.
    (I'm learning about the latter right now. Hydroponics to Aquaponics in future. Need to make some driving trips, too.)

Guest 3291 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  11. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    A Pandemic Treaty Proposed by The WHO Is a Spreading Plague
    • The globalist cabal wants to monopolize health systems worldwide, and a stealth attack is already underway in the form of an international pandemic treaty, proposed by the World Health Organization;
    • The treaty is a direct threat to a nation’s sovereignty to make decisions for itself and its citizens, and would erode democracy everywhere. Not only would the treaty empower the WHO to mandate COVID jabs and vaccine passports globally, it could potentially also expand the WHO’s power to dictate all health care policy worldwide;
    • The treaty would also give the WHO the power to censor health information worldwide. This would be disastrous, as the WHO has a long history of corruption and health policy failures that are intrinsically linked to conflicts of interest;
    • When people are harmed by the WHO’s health policies, there’s no accountability because the WHO has diplomatic immunity; and
    • Bill Gates, Vaccine Pimp Extraordinaire, the second largest funder of the WHO, has also been funding pandemic exercises, including Event 201 and the Nuclear Threat Initiative’s exercise on international response to deliberate biological events. This scenario involved a deliberate release of a genetically engineered bioweapon — a pneumonic plague — for which there is no available treatment. Both exercises were held in 2019.
    Their playbook was revealed in 2019:

See:
    https://media.mercola.com/ImageServer/Public/2022/March/PDF/who-pandemic-treaty-pdf.pdf

subrick and Lazlo Toth like this.
  12. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Just another move to One World Government.
    I wish people could see the writing on the walls, but I am reminded of an old comment: "Think of the average American. Think of How DUMB that person is.Now, remember: Half the population, is DUMBER than that." And they vote. And don't understand how DUMB they are.
    But they think YOU are dumb, because they cannot understand you.
    And now they have the numbers, they won't stop trying to enforce their will on others.
    It is the new Byzantium / Babylon / Roman Empire.

13. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    From The Federalist Magazine. An essay on how the impulse to conform can get a LOT of people killed.

The author cites multiple psychological studies such as the Milgram's Experiment and Solomon Asch that demonstrate how easy it is for all of us to be manipulated into buying the Covid myth.

"But here we are. When we start self-censoring because we’re afraid of not fitting in, we open the door to oppression and social chaos. That unchecked urge to “fit in” can kill us all, and we need to stop."

https://thefederalist.com/2022/03/3...-can-get-people-killed?utm_campaign=ACTENGAGE

14. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    This is truly horrifying. Does anyone seriously think the pandemic nonsense has stopped? It's quietly intensifying just barely behind the scenes.

15. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    I'm an old-school internet veteran from the days way before 'social media' had even been dreamed of. The days when getting onto the internet required effort and at least a little skill. Freedom of speech was cherished and fiercely defended and any attempts to censor or restrict information were met with an almost fanatical level of resistance.

Newsgroups (anyone remember those?) were one of the first battlegrounds. When moves were made to limit content & creation of new groups in the 'official' hierarchies an entirely new, ungoverned hirarchy was created and alt. was born.

IRC was next, with server admins resisting many attempts be authorities (including the US Federal authorities) to covertly monitor conversations - I know, I was one of those admins. Requests to covertly monitor channels were common and were universally refused. It'd have been easy to do but it went against our prinicpals. I've no doubt the monitoring happened anyway (it was all clear text, encryption wasn't even on the radar then) but we didn't make it easy.

The common thread there - neither of those services were 'owned' by anyone. They were the work of volunteers donating time, skills & resources for no reward. There were no levers to pull, no threats to profits to consider, no shareholders to answer to.

For as long as corporations are running things you WILL be the product. Your needs are secondary to theirs, always. They will always follow the path of least resistance and bow to any pressure that threatens their bottom line.

If you truly want freedom, on the internet or elsewhere, look back to those days. Take the money out, put the time in and things get a LOT harder for people wanting to censor it. The internet was built to be censorship resistant and decentralised, sadly far too many people have forgotten that (or never even knew it!)

There's more to the internet than hitting 'like'.........

subrick, Lazlo Toth and Dianna1395 like this.
  16. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    21 States Sue Sleepy, Creepy, Crazy Uncle Joe Administration to Permanently End Federal Mask Mandates for Planes and Public Transportation

Twenty-one Republican state attorneys general filed a federal lawsuit on Tuesday in US District Court in Florida against Uncle Joe’s administration to nullify the rule issued by the CDC that requires the use of face masks on planes and other public transportation.

The State of Florida lead the multi-state lawsuit, announced by Gov. Ron DeSantis and Attorney General Ashley Moody.

The suit largely argues the mandate is a federal violation of state “sovereignty” since states and localities are left to enforce the mandate on buses and other forms of public transit, while numerous Republican governors have enacted bans on mask requirements,” according to Forbes.

See:

http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/GPEY-CCYHZH/$file/Mask+Complaint+as+Filed.pdf

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2022/03/29/21-states-sue-biden-administration-to-end-mask-mandates-on-planes-and-public-transportation/?sh=6cb0e85b401e

Dianna1395, subrick and Lazlo Toth like this.
  17. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    THE WEF - THE PLANDEMIC & GLOBALISM: THREE MINUTES OF TRUTH BOMBS DROPPED IN THE AUSTRALIAN SENATE
    An Australian Senator from South Australia named Alex Antic delivered a speech in Parliament that deserves widespread attention. Here are three minutes of unrelenting truth bombs. Each sentence represents a detonation in the heart of globalism.

Take a look:

18. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    As I pointed out sone time ago on here we head closer and closer to this madness. I quoted 1984 and we talked about the many similarities surrounding current governments ways that create serious division and hatred in society.
    Alex seems to have picked up on many things that have been brought to attention in the past but sadly looking at the parliament there hardly anyone their to hear him speak as I guess like the U.K. parliament they turn up if it’s a cat fight between opposite parties over a bacon sandwich but if it’s something serious they stay away in their droves.

subrick, Dianna1395 and L-u-c-y like this.
  19. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Yes. Senator Antic truly hits the nail on the head. But will anyone listen?

Prepare for more covid tyranny.

subrick and Dianna1395 like this.
  20. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    FULLY VAXXED SUPER-SPREADERS??

'100 Percent' Vaccinated Cruise Ship Hit With Chinese Coronavirus Outbreak
    Princess Cruises confirmed that one of its cruise liners, the Ruby Princess, reported a Chinese Coronavirus outbreak before docking in San Francisco.

The cruise operator requires passengers and crew members to be fully vaccinated for Chinese Coronavirus. Princess Cruises also mandates passengers to show a negative Chinese Coronavirus test AND proof of vaccination to board, according to its website.

SUM-TING-WONG with JABBY-JABBY!

See:
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/100-percent-vaccinated-cruise-ship-hit-with-covid-19-outbreak_4369373.html

21. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Robot Dog Patrols Empty Streets Of China, Barks Coronavirus Sanitary Instructions On Loudspeaker
    15AD569C-33E6-46FC-9688-902BEDC147F8.jpeg
    China has deployed robotic dogs to enforce the communist country’s Coronavirus “zero-COVID” strategy.

In a video filmed in Shanghai City, a robot dog is seen warning a locked-down community to stay in their houses and comply with Coronavirus “safety” dictates.

Watch:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sophiadahl1/status/1509394087220285442

ME NO RIKE DOGGIE-DOGGIE!

22. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Several people directly need public punishment for this whole disease being created.
    It follows a dystopian novel, and that is unacceptable - i don't know which one, since several followed this path.
    Create a disease (not just crisis)
    Create a cure
    Leverage the cure (which is also the disease!)
    - Take over government in the fear pandemic (Most of the stories, but "V for Vendetta" is excellent.)
    - Change the human genome via the disease (There is no real cure, just a retroviral disease, "vaccination" is the disease.) (Short story, I forget where I read it. Probably "365 tomorrows" site.)
    - Extract global wealth via a nanotech "disease" - the nanobots are deactivated by the "cure", which is limited, and everyone get re-infected regularly anyway, making a long-term profit. (Deus Ex plot, btw.)
    - Gain political control for a religion or group (DNA profile turns the virus "off" in certain population, or "Utopia" - too many people, "strive for goodness" sort of thing; or, a religion promises salvation, then nets huge donations...)

And likely there would be combinations of these different ideas, or people acting on assorted motivations which fall into one or another of these categories.

Megalomaniacs cannot help themselves...

23. Dianna1395

IT
    Boston, Mass
    Local Time:
    Beginnings of Elysium and Terminator put together. (Elysium, the wealthy are in an orbital paradise, the police are robots, just as nasty as the worst cops, but without the morals of even a pit viper. Only, I see them being T-800 models, not the "friendly" ones in Elysium.)

Funny thing to me, is, we're supposed to find common ground with these people running the show, negotiate, discuss... While they proceed to get wealthy by pushing their plans for wealth and control. It's not that they hate us, they don't even think of us. Man can rationalize ANYTHING - look at the site we're on. ;-) And it's hardly the worst I've heard of, for "bad" behaviors, or worse behaviors.
    After so many decades, though, I won't give them the benefit of the doubt. It's not ignorance that gets us down the road to oblivion. Might not be true malice, no, but since "plan X" has been tried so many times in the past - WHY ARE WE NOT ATTRIBUTING MALICE? I mean, it's a word where, if the cops show up and shoot someone, YOU are charged for the assault or murder. (Same cops aren't held liable for what would get us sent to prison, too, in a self-defense situation.) If you're unknowingly driving a getaway car, you're charged as a bank robber. Defend yourself from armed assailants, go to prison for first degree murder (USCCA has that on their landing page. $68,500 legal fees to have a court case dropped. For what is OBVIOUS self-defense.)
    But we are to trust these people to be reasonable, that they'll listen to your opinion, to the logic...? Given that Discord will now ban you for your behaviors elsewhere, I think we have to consider the equation again.
    It's not
    X + Y = Z.
    No, the Party will ensure you deny the evidence of your own eyes!
    "2 + 2 = 5!"

Can't argue with a rabid dog...

24. McCage

McCage Member

Local Time:
    I’ve already asked once before, but can you please cool it with the casual racism?

25. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    With all that has been dominating the news cycle around the world, it is astonishing how fast the manner in which the Canadian government swept peaceful protesters under the rug has vanished from the collective consciousness. This is clearly going to be the next playbook for swift obedience for whatever is in store for us...

This is how financial freedom dies (CBDC) - YouTube

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice