Jailbird adjustments

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Jeffroid, Nov 15, 2020.

1. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    11:57 PM
    My Jail Bird is back in Texas at the moment addressing a weld issue, and getting 1/4 inch taken out. It seemed logical to go ahead and have it shortened at the same time since the weld issue was on the same ring that would need to be moved forward.

The weld issue was a rough spot, that after filing and sanding, exposed an air bubble under the weld. It showed up as a tiny crack with a somewhat sharp edge. I thought I could get by, but within a couple of days, I had a raw spot. So after going through this a second time, it went back for some maintenance. Otherwise it has been a great cage, and I’m looking forward to wearing it ASAP.

2. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    11:57 PM
    My Jail Bird came back within a few days, very smooth, and no sanding needed. The turnaround time was minimal, and the work was outstanding. Due to previous problems with my Chinese cage, I had to wait a while to give the JB a good test. I’ve had it on for 48 hours with zero issues. I did take it off the last two mornings long enough to re-lube everything.

mistressmaturemetal likes this.
  3. Geoffrey and Iz

Geoffrey and Iz Active member

Minneapolis. MN
    Local Time:
    10:57 PM
    As someone who has worn my Watchful Mistress 24/7 for well over a year, I would say that proper sizing is very important for long-term comfort and security. I can't imagine what it would feel like to "float" around in my cage.

Also, if you've gone to the expense of getting a custom cage, why would you not get it modified as you change? My experience with the people at MM is that they are very helpful in this type of situation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice