Mind the gap

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Ljsw, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Ljsw

Ljsw Member

Local Time:
    7:53 AM
    I'm still having problems with my JailBird and would welcome suggestions etc.

I had intended being able to be locked up for any period My Lady would require - days to weeks, she has no desire for it to be any longer and neither do I.

I have had two problems which have meant I have had to terminate the lock-up by asking to be released.

The first is that I get a "burning" sensation at the base of the scrotum. Lubrication helps, but after having a very painful "escape" aided by the lubrication, I am cautious about using it. Shifting the skin slightly eases the problem for a while.

This is where "mind the gap" comes into play. I've seen comments saying that too small a gap causes this, but then the comment that if the balls are high and tight, which mine are during the day (never have any problems at night) then a small gap is better - these comments seem contradictory.

I'm puzzled regarding the gap measurement - if I measure between the adjacent surfaces of the cage and ring ( ie shortest distance) the gap is 1/2", whilst the gap measured along the locking spine is 3/8" . 3/8" is the gap specified in my order and listed accordingly on the order acknowledgement.

The other problem I sometimes have is the two muscles/ligaments (?) supporting the penis base to the body get very tender, though I do wear pants that provide some support. This seems to be a matter of weight plus restriction but maybe there are other factors.

With the cost of postage and inevitable delays in transit from UK to US, I don't want to send it back to MM without a clear idea of what is needed, if indeed it is something that adjustment can improve. The cage fits perfectly and the ring diameter is comfortable with the exception of the problems above.

Or maybe it is just the way I am built ! I have considered ball-stretchers to loosen the scrotum up - this does seem to be part of the problem, as when in bed or warm and relaxed there is no burning etc. but during the working day it's an annoying and distracting issue.

I should mention that lock-ups range in length from two or three days to two weeks, perhaps once a month on average.

2. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    2:53 AM
    I had a similar problem with my first device where the base ring size was too small. Even with a proper fitting, ring, the skin of the scrotum tends to bunch and I find it is important (i) to use silicone lube and (ii) to periodically adjust the skin at the back of the scrotum so it is not folded up the same way all day. I also find that sitting at my desk for too long can create discomfort.

3. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    How long have you had the JB? Do you get the burning sensation only during the day? Not while sleeping? Generally any time you may have a testie escape (even with lube), that would suggest either too wide a gap or too large a ring. My suspicion in your case would be the ring. Is it round or oval?

As for the support issue, it can sometimes take many many months to get fully accustomed to the weight. You're fine for days, then one day you get that soreness that runs down your leg. It can be aggrieved by sudden physical movement - running, sports, yardwork, etc. In my experience, all you can do then is take it off and rest. Eventually you do build up an endurance; the soreness is not as severe, and you can work through it until it subsides. But it does take time.

4. Pillowbiter

Pillowbiter Adore All Females, They so deserve it.

Retired
    usa
    Local Time:
    There seems to be soreness that goes along with any chastity, I am finding that out, But its nice to be free of her cage when she sees fit, But I always feel better while locked , More horny, and submissive. It feels like she has her hand wrapped around me. Controling me. And Omg I love that. But I am getting used to the soreness, and think of her when it hurts. Is that crazy?

5. billie1

billie1 Active member

Sissy Maid
    Dorset
    Local Time:
    6:53 AM
    I had a few issues with my jailbird, however over time, with a few minor tweaks, I now feel more comfortable wearing my cage, and miss it on the odd occasion that I am unlocked. We are all built differently, so expecting something to work straight out of the box is wrong. I had to bend the post slightly, I now have a wider gap at the bottom, and spend a little extra time cleaning morning and evening, sometimes need to use a small amount of Vaseline just to ensure nothing sticks were it shouldn't, but have no problem with extended lock ups, from two weeks to two months with out release!

6. Ljsw

Ljsw Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the comments.

I've had the JailBird about 10 months, but it's only locked on perhaps once a month for anything from 4-14 days.

I have wondered about the ring diameter (oval), having had the slip-out (ouch!!!) happen twice, although I don't think I'd want to decrease the diameter very much as it is occasionally a bit of a struggle getting into it. I might try temporarily reducing the diameter by wrapping the ring with something smooth, although that would also increase the ring rod diameter and perhaps add to the "burning" - which does only happen during the day.

As I put in my original post, there does seem to be a contradiction in the the advice regarding the gap, which no-one has commented on. Any thoughts ?

7. Pillowbiter

Retired
    usa
    Local Time:
    I don't have any problems with the gap, Once the two pins are seated in the ring all is good, The cb6000s has problems with me, to many parts, to move. The steel only has two parts compaired to six. I wear a 2 inch ring. It works fine.

8. Pillowbiter

Retired
    usa
    Local Time:
    Also On the jailbird She uses A and D Ointment all over me , It helps with ring burn, And its great to be able to sit down in a chair without feeling like your balls are being ripped off! LOL!

9. manintyres

manintyres Junior Member

Process Operator
    Thurrock
    Local Time:
    The way I see this is it's like breaking in a new pair of shoes and it will take time for the skin to get used having a device (whatever device anyone chooses) also we are all different and as others have said creams and lube can help.

10. Reltsihw

Reltsihw Member

Local Time:
    How does someone 'bend the pin' the adjust the gap themselves?

11. RockyB

RockyB Long term member

Local Time:
    1:53 AM
    I have a problem with my CB6000s. It is fine to wear during the day and when I sleep but if I get active and bend over or twist my body, it pulls my ball though the gap. I can only decrease the gap one more time but if I do that, it pinches my scrotum and is uncomfortable, plus I have had a ball slip through even the smallest combination that will fit. My of my balls is smaller than the other so there is no way to get any device tight enough for my small ball without squashing my larger ball. I wear mine when I can and when my wife is not with me. I am not going to go crazy about it as our goal is chastity between teasing sessions and the device is just one of the tools we use, and not an essential part of our play.

12. Ljsw

Ljsw Member

Local Time:
    I think I have found the solution to my "burning" problem.

Although the gap is supposed to be 3/8" this is the gap between the edge of the ring and the cage along the length of the mounting pin. If you measure the gap (with a micrometer) as the shortest distance between adjacent edges of the ring and gap metal, it is actually just under 9/16". What I then found was that with the oval ring, this gap is consistent around the sides of the ring, but narrows by over 2mm (making the direct-line gap less than 1/2") at the lower centre.

So I put masking tape round the mounting pin, fixed it in a vice, and tapped the similarly protected ring with a hammer to bend the pin, at its base slightly. Sorry, MM, but it's an expensive business to

The gap is now consistently 14 mm all round the ring/cage.

13. Ljsw

Ljsw Member

Local Time:
    sorry, the above got posted accidentally before I completed it!!!

The MM comment was about the cost of sending the JailBird from the UK to US and back for adjustment, so my "technical" solution was a lot cheaper.

The result is that the JailBird fits as I am sure it is intended, namely without any burning or other discomfort - well, it's been on for nearly 20 hours, and prior to the modification, I would have spent the last few hours making regular readjustment to the skin position or adding lubrication.

14. lyberg

lyberg Active member

Finland, Uusimaa
    Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    Does anyone know if gaps are somewhat comparable to cb6k series spacers?

15. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    Yes, @lyberg -- If I understand the cb6k design correctly, the "gap" we are talking about is the distance between the base ring and the back ring on the penis cage or tube, so they are the same thing.

16. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    12:53 AM
    Hi,
    Keep in mind that with the plastic spacer there is flex room.
    The bottom gap is more than likely larger the size spacer you are using.
    With a metal device, there is not any flex room. The top gap will be a bit smaller than the bottom gap which will be the size you order.
    Take Care,
    Mistress MatureMetal
    :spank:

17. lyberg

lyberg Active member

Finland, Uusimaa
    Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    ok, thanks for your answers! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice