Question on sizing

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by gentleman, Dec 16, 2023.

1. gentleman

gentleman Member

Engineer
    USA, California, San Francisco Bay Area
    Local Time:
    3:09 AM
    Hi everyone, I am about to order my first MM jail bird. Given the commitment in terms of effort and money to get a custom cage, I want to be sure I get it sized correctly. I currently own and occasionally wear a Kink3D cobra cage size S with 1 7/8 in diameter base ring. I think the cage is probably right but the base ring or the gap (or both) is too large. I purchased in the past a sizing rings set from MM and played with some of them, to see which diameter would work best for me, and I came to the conclusion that perhaps I should downsize the base ring to 1 3/4 in diameter.

My question is now about the cage. MM sizing recommendation say that I should measure my penis from the base to the tip when fully flaccid and subtract 1.4 in. If I measure from the base of the penis on the top side (from my belly) or on the bottom side (from my testicles) I get different measures. Which one should I use? Is the MM cage length measure matching the Cobra one? (Cobra measures the length on the top arch of the cage)

2. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    4:09 AM
    Hi, I will be happy to help. When measuring the length always measure under the penis. Make sure you are at your normal flaccid state. It helps to use a hard ruler. Lay the penis on top of the ruler. be careful not to push into the scrotum. Measure straight out to the tip. Do this several times during different times of the day. Never measure just out of the shower or when you are shriveled. Then take your shortest measurement and subtract 1/4" (.25").
    We have found that this method works the best. But please remember that all measurement decisions are yours I can only help to guide you.
    We have also found that it is better to be a little short than a little long.

Thank You!!!!

muttlyvb likes this.
  3. knightly

knightly Long term member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:09 AM
    Here's another point of reference, maybe helpful to someone some day.

I based the measurements of my first Jail Bird on measurements of a CB-6000 cage that seemed to fit well.

First cage dimensions:
    Cage inside diameter: 1 3/8"
    Length: 2 1/4"
    Base Ring Inside Diameter: 1 7/8" (oval)
    Gap: 3/8"

I wore it for over a year and it always felt it was a little long. Much of the time the head would reach the tip, but not always and not consistently. Also, the width seemed a little tight, with skin getting pinched as it pushed out the sides. It was tolerable, by far the best feeling and fitting cage. But a few things were off.

So I recently purchased another Jail Bird with slightly different dimensions, that match what I thought would work better:

New cage dimensions:
    Cage inside diameter: 1 1/2"
    Length: 2"
    Base Ring Inside Diameter: 2" (round)
    Gap: 3/8"

Wow, what a difference! Removing the extra 1/4", while widening the diameter slightly is a game changer. Now everything fits like a glove. Head reaches the tip always, no wiggle room. The sides are perfect, no pinching.

The new base ring is 2" vs 1 7/8" of the old cage. I may experiment with these and see which works better. But right now the "new" combo is fantastic.

With the 1/4" less length, the head reaches the tip consistently and comfortably, and seems to reduce night time erections and pain. It's also very frustrating (frustratingly delicious) to be teased with no space to grow and 'respond' to the touch.

CuriousRK likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice