Problems + Looking for advices for a new device

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by TinyTurtle, Mar 31, 2024.

1. TinyTurtle

TinyTurtle New member

Local Time:
    8:06 PM
    I'm somewhat of a silent reader here from time to time over a few years now and just created this account for this thread. I think I already know the answers to my problems but I would like to get a few opinions and maybe some advices for a new device from the experts here. I will try my best to give a detail description of my situation. I appreciate any form of help.

Problems:

Edema & Burning

Details about me:
    - Uncut Grower
    - Length: Around 7cm/2.7inch flaccid and 14cm/5.51inch hard
    - Diameter: Around 3.2cm/1.26inch flaccid and 4cm/1.57inch hard
    - I will not do any penis modifications

Current device:

- I have one cheap device (attachment 1) with two cages (short and medium length)
    - Base ring: 45mm/1.77inch
    - Inner cage diameter: 3.3cm/1.18inch
    - Total length (base ring + normal cage): Around 7cm/2.7inch
    - Total length (base ring + short cage): Around 5.5cm/2.16inch
    current cage.png

The base ring size is perfect for me. Anything smaller than my current ring will cause bloodflow restriction. Since im a grower, i have to rely on a waist strap which works fine (that kind of strap that also goes under the legs).

My main problem is that an erection sometimes just "hurts". It is not so present during the day, because I'm not constantly running around with a boner and I can somewhat "control" him. I also understand that an erection inside a device is not meant to be "comfortable". But it gets to a point where the pain becomes greater than the pleasure of being locked, which is atleast not my goal and causes medical concerns.

Edema:
    After atleast one night I get strong edema at every possible cage opening which only goes away when I remove the cage. A simple solution for this is to wrap the penis in cloth (like a sock, but toiletpaper works too). I actually like the idea of a thin penis sock, because it is more or less a direct comparison to stockings that amputees wear for their prostethics. But beside aesthetic reasons, hygiene and peeing will become a problem. So I guess the solution for me will be a device that has no openings?

Burning:
    I have drawn a picture with paint for this one (attachment 2). A) No device. B) Device position with my waist strap. You can see how the penis is bending under the skin which can be seen as a "bulk" from the outside. The burning occurs where the penis bends and both penis walls are rubbing at each other. After a peroid of long and hard erections (like after sleeping) it hurts where the rubbing occurs for multple hours or one to two days. I can't imagine any possible solution for this. C) No waist strap. Ball burning occurs. I have read that "don't give him room to grow" helps, buf for a grower it doesn't matter how much you restrict growing, because the part of the penis that is inside the body is still enough to push the cage away from the body. So in theory a longer cage where the penis can grow makes more sense, but then there is the problem that a bigger cage is more visible under clothing. Many of you are using some kind of lotion to reduce friction between the base ring and the skin, but does anyone here has experience with stockings? With the ones that like amputees use. Or any other fabric that reduces friction between the skin and the ring.
    burning.png

I obviously need another device. Buying a bunch of cheap devices and hoping that one will stick is not reasonable to me, but I also know that it worked for others. I can imagin that a closed device will help with the edema, but not with the burning problems. I could imagin trying a cheap belt, but it should be invisible under clothes (especially in the gym).
    My problem with completely closed devices is that I think that I can't adjust my foreskin. Which is crucial for peeing/hygiene. I have worn my device with retracted foreskin from time to time, but that resulted sometimes in an edema.

Since peeing with foreskin in a chastity device is also pretty annoying, I came up with the third picture that I have drawn with paint (attachment 3). Does anyone ever saw a cage like that? I just checked the internet and saw a few inverted cages with something like that, but not for "normal" devices.
    cage idea.png

2. Enchained

Enchained 24/7 Chaste Slave

Retired
    Somerset, England, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:06 PM
    With regard to your edema. I think it's problem we all go through at some point when we sleep in cages. I'd advise trying a variety of cages to see what works for you. It took a while to settle on mine which is a steel cobra, which works perfectly for me. I think with time it will be less of a problem as your body adjusts. I agree with your point on closed cages. I could only use them for short periods as they began to stink a bit. I prefer open steel designs.

With regard to the dreaded 'sting' or burning there's a lot of discussion in the forums about it. The search facility will bring up lots of discussions as it's a common problem.

I my experience it went away as my skin 'toughened'. It no longer bothers me, but you'll probably see most people advocate a lubricant of some sort. I think you need to find what works for you. In my experience a looser ring caused more 'movement' on the skin which caused rubbing. A tighter ring led to less problems.

3. TinyTurtle

TinyTurtle New member

Local Time:
    I'm sorry that I'm replying to you so late. Would you recommend that I go with my short or medium cage? I like the shorter cage, because it is less visible under my cloth. The only difference is, that the bend/kink of my dick "burns" a bit stronger and that it is harder get the last droplets out after peeing. Ofc the edema is also a bit stronger.

When you look at my device, the peehole is round shaped, which makes it harder to pee. I see that the Cobra has a wider and opening. Does it conflict with the foreskin or the glans? I guess I can use toiletpaper or something similar to "close" the opening for the forseskin, but I've read that the glans can slip through the opening. The lock on that thing also looks rather "bulky".

4. Enchained

Enchained 24/7 Chaste Slave

Retired
    Somerset, England, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    No need to apologise at all :+1:

With regard to your cage size, my personal preference is to go smaller as it offers more restrictions to erections, I like the feel of it and I quite enjoy the frustration it can cause.

The downside is always having to sit to pee as the penis is up against the end of the cage. I'm never worried about size or bulk with any cage. If someone should be looking at my crotch and they notice a bulge I don't think the immediate assumption would be that I'm wearing a chastity cage.

I've never really had a problem with my frenum or foreskin at all. Very very rarely some foreskin might pop through, but it's never caused a problem.

I don't think the lock is any more bulky than many other cages. Occasionally I'll soak the lock in WD40 to keep it working OK. Again I've never had a problem from any lock.

Ring wise I definitely prefer the 'ergonomic' ring as opposed to the round ones. The round ones irritate me and I get the dreaded 'sting'.

I much prefer the feel of steel and the Steel Cobra I'm locked in is easier for maintaining personal hygiene. It's easy to flush through with a squirt bottle or a syringe meaning I can be locked for extended periods. The aesthetic looks of the device don't concern me, but my Mistress thinks it looks OK and I suppose that's important to her.

The downside is the weight of a steel cage. I wear mine with a support belt to help relieve some of the weight, and despite ordering exactly the same size ring as other cages I found the design of the cobra in the way it is tight against my balls, meant that I eventually had to order a larger ring.

Good luck with whatever you choose to go with and let me know how you get on.

Best wishes :+1::lockkey:

5. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    12:06 PM
    The root cause of your two issues is both caused by sizing. Edema is caused by something that is fitting too tight. Normally it is the cage diameter that is too tight and causes the edema. Although sometimes it can also be caused but the top gap between the ring and the cage. But from your description it sounds like it the cage diameter.
    Burning is always caused by the gap between the ring and the cage being too small. A little larger gap will make a big difference.
    Home - Mature Metal

6. CagedCucksWife

Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    1:06 PM
    Is there a way to increase the gap between a cage and the ring without jumping up the ring size?

7. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    The edema.
    I've often had it, it's usually harmless, it being simply a build up of lymph fluid that normally resolves itself after unlocking. You might want to do two things with a new device to minimise it.
    Get a device with a wider tube. (agree very much with @mistressmaturemetal on this)
    Your current cage appears to have quite distinct edges to all the flat bars, they create point/edge pressures on the skin. A cage made of large diameter rods would be gentler on the skin having a smoother edge and so less pressure points. I often had edemas in the past, and looking at my old cages it seems to be the profile of the surface edges that is the biggest factor causing them.

Erections.
    You also need a short cage, your short one seems reasonable, don't get one any longer.
    Pain during erections isn't caused by length, it's caused by the tube being too narrow. What the length does is allow the erection to start in the first place, so as short or shorter, and wider than your current short one.

The limit to how short is best depends on a couple of things.
    If you want to wear continuously, then it needs to be long enough that you can adequately wash through the bars. If you're happy to remove every day or two to clean, then you could go to two thirds or half your current short length. A very short tube (a "flattie", or an "innie") creates high levels of humnidity and enables bacteria to grow rapidly, I found that even daily washing isn't enough to stop hygiene problems, very short devices are not really suitable for continuous wear.

Fully enclosed tubes also make cleaning much harder so the same "do I, don't I?" consideration applies to those.

8. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Depending on the cage's construction, maybe.

Plastic cages can be warmed and gently bent. Be very careful with the heat, somewhere around 60C makes many plastics soft, don't overheat or it may collapse on you. Start with hand hot and gradually increase the temperature by adding hot water. a little at a time. Allow time for the plastic to warm through - you need to bend all of it, not just the surface layer!

Steel comes in many different alloys, they have different ductile properties depending on the manufacturing process and gauge of the metal, some are soft enough to bend by hand.
    Those with a post and padlock and round cross section rings are the easiest to bend by hand.
    Ergonomic rings with integrated locks nearly impossible to bend.

If you're going to do it, assemble the device off your body, and to reduce the gap, put the base ring on a solid surface and press on the tube to bend the post. To increase the gap, prise apart with fingers (you'll need some strength, but not impossible). Don't use tools as anything hard enough to hold or bend the steel will very likely leave marks in the surface, and that will be uncomfortable to wear.

However you do it, make small adjustments at a time, check, test, and repeat, rather than go for broke and overdo it, or break it.

9. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    Unfortunately no. But you may want to consider a higher quality cage or custom.

10. CagedCucksWife

Midwest, USA
    Local Time:
    1:06 PM
    Know anyone who can help with a custom one? ;)

11. CS2

CS2 Long term member

Local Time:
    https://www.bawrpro.com do pretty reasonably priced customs, quite a few fans on here. Make sure you know your measurements 100% of you will get an expensive paperweight. Also the titanium is well worth the extra.

12. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    I will be happy to help you are anyone else out on sizing and device. You can contact me at maturemetalsales@gmail.com
    I have 15 years of experience helping thousands of clients.

CS2 likes this.
  13. TinyTurtle

TinyTurtle New member

Local Time:
    So it should be close to the "errected" diameter? Or even slightly bigger? I always read about "keep it tight to suppress the growing".

But it sure would not help with Burning (B) right? But I will still try a larger gap.

But will a shorter cage not increase the Type B burning? I will try a wider cage, but even wearing my short cage normaly gives me edema at the tip after a few hours. Just curious if this is normal.

I like the idea of a flatti or innie cage, but I guess this will never fit on me. Especially because it looks very easy to "slip out" from it.

What do you think of the accessorie in the last picture from my original post? In theory this would be an enormous QoL improvement. Peeing is such a mess when the peehole is not aligned right. Especially not with foreskin. While Version A seems more elegant, the B Version can be easily made and adjusted for already existing cages. It would also allow people to pee while standing. Ofc it is only suitable for short cages where the accessorie is always pressed against the glans without allowing to much movement.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice