Jailbird too small? (warning: contains pics of cage in use)

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by subsissy4older, Oct 11, 2015.

1. subsissy4older

subsissy4older New member

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    Hello all,

Long time lurker, but first time poster (I think)

So about a month ago, i received my jailbird. I used the sizing rings as best i could, and sent a lot of emails to Mature Metal.
    However, unfortunately i have issues, so just want to know if anyone else has ever had similar problems and possible solutions.

Basically, i can't wear the device overnight. When erect, i am on the large side, 7.5 maybe even 8 inches, so i guess my erections are somewhat powerful. In the day i am okay in the device(it certainly hugs my dick pretty tight and is not super comfy, but bareable), but in my sleep, an erection will wake me up in less than an hour and i am in agony!

I have previously tried a knock off CB6000, and it did not matter what base ring size i used, I'd always ended up in pain.

I think there are two issues, the base ring will slide down my balls trapping it all when i get an erection. However, my base ring is the same as the number 3 size ring, and i literally cannot get my balls through ring 2. With the size 3 ring i can get the tips of 2 fingers in when it's in place, but size 2 just won't get my balls through. What can i do ?

The other issue is that i think the length of cage is too small, i feel like perhaps i'm not fully in there (see pic 2, see that the skin at the base of my shaft is not quite in fully), and so when i do get erect, the cage is unable to contain it well.

Potentially the diameter could also be too small, as it does hug me tight, but i don't think this would be an issue for the night time erection pain.

It's very frustrating as i don't know how this can be fixed. I don't want to burn more money, for something which just won't work :/

The first 2 pics is what the cage looks like on me when i'm soft, and next 3 pics is when i'm getting an erection, as you can see, things start changing colour and it does not look right at all, the pain feels horrendous.

Any ideas how to solve this would be much appreciated :) x

01 soft1.jpg 02 soft2.jpg 03 hard1.jpg 04 hard2.jpg 05 hard3.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Lockdown

Lockdown Long term member

Worcestershire
    Local Time:
    I don't know but I would say the base ring is too small and apart from that you need to give it more time , the pain will be your nutsack stretching

3. subsissy4older

Local Time:
    Thanks for the reply :)
    As I'm a bit of a low hanger, if the base ring is any bigger, then it slides up and down so easy.
    I always found the bigger rings with the knock off CB6000 to slide down and then things get even more trapped. I have a feeling that the shape of my bits is somewhat different to the norm on this site.
    Time could be a healer perhaps, but i feel i need to be able to wear it at least one night without agony. It does feel a bit too dangerous at the moment, like it could be doing damage x

4. Lockdown

Lockdown Long term member

Worcestershire
    Local Time:
    The first few weeks where horrendous for me but persevere through it , I will be doing the same soon as I have a smaller device but I can't sleep with it yet as my bits are getting used to the urethral insert ,

5. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    I think your cage may be a bit to long ... allowing you to get enough of a hard on that does in fact start causing issues.

Couple things to try that helped me with a cage that was too big, Use the sock method to really pull as much of your skin on your penis (and your penis of course) into the cage as far as possible and keep and lube use for chafing to a absolute minimum (don't use any on the penis or cage). I only use a tiny amount of silicone lube on the bottom third of the A-ring (under my balls) and after applying it and adjusting the ring a few times I wipe off the area with a dry cloth so that there is the tiniest amount of lube.

If you can prevent the growth in the first place (smaller cage) the stress it can apply gets minimized to little of nothing.

6. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I found when I first started into this with the cb-2000 (awful thing) making sure you had a large enough spacer initially and the term ..too much lube .. never applied. Which certainly helped reduce the number of sleepless nights, spent finding things to do and smoking excessively in sa bid to just take off some pressure if not a complete;y flaccid cock.

Over time ( a long time I'll point out) I managed to cut down on both. I was able to wear the fort without lube at all but found it best to use a little to prevent problems potentialy occuring.

7. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Funny, I do almost none of that. I don't think you need to use the sock method with a Jailbird (like I did with the CB6K); I apply lube to the bottom of the cage where it is in contact with my balls, and I apply it liberally around the A ring.

If the OP has the cage set to his flaccid length (as he suggests it is in the first two pics), making it smaller still is not a good idea. I'd like to know if he's trying to get his balls through the #2 ring before or after the penis; it can make a difference. Saying that, the ring he has now does look a bit too tight or possibly not lubed enough, which might be why it's uncomfortable during the day.

It may be a case of not enough lube during the night as well. Some guys have a harder time than others during the night, so it may be that he needs a long time to get used to it. MM says that night pain may also be a gap problem as well.

danleft1 likes this.
  8. danleft1

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    All of my thoughts that I shared were based on what I have settled into NOW after a year of trying off the shelf devices and then a jailbird that was fit VERY well to my flaccid penis, but in reality it was big ... it felt great during the day, but would cause pain at night with erections.

I agree that the sock method is not really needed for the jailbird, but i suggested it because it will gather all the penis into the end of cage better than any fingers can and no lube is needed. I also find that if the cage is slightly to large the skin will "slide back" easily after the sock method, but if the cage is sized right the skin wants to stay put and you have to actually adjust it back.

I also found that when I used lube everywhere in a jailbird is was painful at night, but the exact opposite was true of the Cb-6000 (it had to have lube).

I do agree that the A-ring looks a little small. Honestly it looks to me that the A-ring needs to go up in size and the cage needs to go down in size, but that is based on me and what would work best for me.

9. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    The issue of skin sliding back and forth with or without the sock method is irrelevant to me, because I tend to 'turtle', so the cage can actually be empty at times (which my Mistress hates). If you don't get any smaller than your flaccid state it can matter somewhat more.

When I don't lube, the metal of the A ring will actually stick to my skin, so any twisting or sliding it does is very painful.

I'm not knocking what works for you; I'm just saying that the complete opposite works best for me. Go figure.

As for the OP, if he's already flaccid in the first two pics, I don't see making the cage any smaller. Of course, his soft is bigger than my hard, so what do I know.

danleft1 likes this.
  10. danleft1

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I only get the skin stick causing issue on the bottom 1/3rd of the A-ring (under my balls) ... but my skin is naturally "oily" ... and fresh out of the shower it is a bit sticky but not enough to cause issue. And in reality the ever so slight skin sticky holds the jailbird in place very well for me especially if the cage it self is not loose at all (slightly smaller than my flaccid penis, meaning even a flaccid penis will not slip in the cage, even with lube, and must be worked in). My first jailbird was just cage was just large enough that when I was totally soft and the cage had lube on it I could slide in, but in reality that was to big.

But I 100% agree as humans we are all different and what works for me may have no chance of working for you ... hopefully we have given subsissy4older enough information on both sides for him to work it out and have success.

Billus likes this.
  11. subsissy4older

Local Time:
    Thank you for the replies, I do appreciate this and it's already interesting to see a range of ideas.

To answer a few things, in regards to the length of the cage, in picture 2, where I am flacid, I have filled the cage and the head is touching the the end of the cage. If you look carefully, there is skin bunched up between the base ring and the entrance to the cage. To me, it feels like there is not enough length for me to get fully in. I feel a shorter cage would be an even worse fit, and if anything, i feel like i need more length to get more of me in.
    I hope that makes sense x

Regarding how i apply the base ring, I always put balls through first and the shaft after. Even though that base ring (size 3) looks tight, i can still get two of my fingers in there when balls and shaft are through. I reckon sizing ring 2 would be tight enough that it would stay firm and not slide down and trap me, but i can't physically get my balls through, feels like there going to pop when i try lol x

I use lube to get the device on but really, i feel that its when the cage slides away (when i get erect) is where the main issues start. I would have thought i wouldn't want to use lube all the time, as it will just make the cage slide around more, causing me difficulties.

Hmmm, if it is suggested that using the sock method, can get more of me into the cage, then I will try that today. Previously though as time goes on though, the cage does tend slip down a little though, and generally that mean painful ball trapping is on it's way.

I would have thought a solution could possibly be to have the cage lengthened, to contain more of my penis, and possibly a double base ring if that may help the cage from slipping down.

I am unsure about a different sized gap, I have no idea if that will make a difference or not :/

12. subsissy4older

Local Time:
    Just took a few more side by side pics. This is me very unerect and I'm actually a bit cold, so possibly a bit shrivelled too. This is why i think the cage is perhaps too small. 1.jpg 3.jpg

13. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Geez, I should have problems like this... :confused:

tiny_tim and subsissy4older like this.
  14. danleft1

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I felt exactly as you did about size when I ordered my first MM jailbird and would have pictures much the same as yours. What I really found to make the biggest difference was the cage diameter being small and in a sense grabbing and restraining my penis.

I went from a ...
    2 3/4" Long / 1-1/2" cage diameter / 2 1/8" oval ring ...​
    to a
    2" long / 1-3/8" cage diameter / 2" oval ring (bought used here on the forum)​
    and what really made the difference was the 1/8 smaller diameter cage, I can wear the cage with both A-rings and it stays put well ... it would actually hold onto my penis even when flaccid (with no lube) if it was not connected to the a-ring and not being held (as the weight stretched the penis it would fall off) where the larger cage would literally fall off. Obviously the larger cage was heavier etc, but switching to the smaller cage made all the difference for me.

I stated length being to long because in picture 1 there is space at the tip ... and in picture 4 where the head of your cock is located looks like it had room to grow in the cage and push the cage forward. If the cage was shorted (you filled it completely when flaccid) as you get hard your cock will not grow in the cage and push it away (also smaller in diameter).

Again this is just what worked for me personally ...

15. Shimone

Shimone Long term member

management consultant
    Singapore
    Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    If you don't have any issues when not errect (and your scrotum won't get (too) cold) I don't think that a-ring size or gap-size part of the problem.
    I had similar issues as my first cages hurt quite a bit when i got an erection. My solution was decreasing the tubes diameter as it was too wide and allowed some growing. Here's it somewhat different for you as your tube lready seems to be a snug fit.
    I tend to agree that your problem might be a result of your tubes length. You seem to have a similar problem insofar as your cage should prevent you from growing as much as you do ? Why can't your cage prevent it ? Because it get's pushed forward, when you get erect what might be the cause due to it's length.
    If I were in your place I would contact MM as they should have more experience if this is really a length issue...

subsissy4older likes this.
  16. subsissy4older

Local Time:
    Shimone: Yep, that's the exact issue. My erection is pushing the whole unit forward.
    The diameter of mine is super snug, I was a little worried that it might be too snug really, so i think i'm probably okay on that front. Any smaller, I really don't think id be able to get my shaft in there.
    May I ask, are you possibly leaning towards the idea that it the cage is to short?
    My theory is, is that if i was fully in there, it would not get pushed away so much.

I have been in touch with Mature Metal, but I didn't get a definitive answer (which is understandable), so thought I'd try a larger audience.

danleft: In regards to pic 1, although it appears that i am not touching the tip of the cage,if you look carefully i am. The reason it appears there is a gap at the end, is because i am touching the inner bars, and what you can see is the outer bars.
    Just to test what you are saying,my penis is holding the cage now, flacid, with no rings. It is super snug and always been somewhat difficult to get my shaft into.
    I just can't see how any smaller for will work for me :/

Lol, and Billus, it's a nightmare if you wanna be locked up though i swear :) x IMG_20151011_204707588[1].jpg

17. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    If that (gulp!) is flaccid, then yes, your cage is way too small; maybe by as much as an inch or two. :eek:

18. subsissy4older

Local Time:
    To be fair, i just put the cage on before the photo, so it's prob a little bit stimulated. But, I'm not that much smaller really. I'm a bi , and met a lot of men, so know I'm a bit bigger than average, but to be honest, I prefer been submissive and prefer playing with other ones hehe :p x

I think you've answered my question though. I need a longer cage :)

I might make my base ring double too, seeing as I can't go to a smaller base ring size, a double ring should hopefully keep it in place better?
    Do you think altering the gap size would make any difference though? That's the one measurement i am totally unsure about.

Thank you everyone for helping me with this, it's been bothering me for about a month now and it's good to finally try and get it sussed out.

19. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    If your current gap isn't bothering you (not painful tight, or loose enough to allow the balls to slip out), then it should be fine as is. But you may not know for certain until you get the cage sorted out.

subsissy4older likes this.
  20. gary170

gary170 Long term member

NZ
    Local Time:
    6:59 AM
    It took me quite some time to get use to wearing my jailbird and after a year I changed to a smaller base ring 1 5/8 and a double ring it takes a good 10 mins to force it on but once on it is super comfortable and there is no way it can be pushed foward it is just to tight .so maybe your base ring is a bit big :)

21. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

As a grower you are simply going to suffer from unbearable discomfort during nocturnal tumescence when wearing a "ball trap" style device.
    You could consider getting a full belt or a balltrap cage with a urethral insert or simply gritting your teeth at night until you finally adapt.

22. danleft1

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I will end with these thoughts ... My first cage was ordered with the measurements of my flaccid penis, and if I were to take pictures etc I would say I felt much the same as you do. My erection is over 7 inches long and over 1 3/4 across. When I would get an erection at night in my first cage it hurt, to the point of removing the cage a few times. So I was left with 2 choices get a cage large enough to accommodate the growing issue (I have an off the shelf cage that does that, but is to big for 24 / 7 wear) or prevent the growth in the first place. So I bought the small used MM cage that was basically my flaccid shriveled up (small as I ever possibly get) ... so even when I'm flaccid, I'm already fully filling the cage. This means that when I get an erection there literally is no room in the cage, this means that the penis can not push the cage off. Now with that said if I have a night when I'm trying to get hard all night after a couple of hours of this I will get sore right where the penis goes under the A-ring at the top (the lock area) because of the pressure of trying to grow the penis is putting on the ring. If this happens 3 or 4 day in a row, I have to remove the device for a day to prevent any pressure sore type of skin issue, but this only happens a couple times a year for me.

Again I truly believe every one is different and what works for one person will not work for another ... you just sound like you are going through what I went through so I feel sharing what I found to work for me may help you find your best fit.

23. Sissy maid doris

Sissy maid doris Active member

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    Wow that thing is a monster

24. subsissy4older

Local Time:
    Thanks for the replies x

I've got a few things on at the moment, so not coming to a full decision of what to do just yet. Life has gone a bit busy.

Whatever i do, it won't be straightforward, as some people suggest a bigger cage, some people suggest smaller cage and one person has said i'm going to be in agony whatever i do.

Perhaps, it's good that this has been bought up though, as it highlights that this is not a straightforward process for certain body shapes and sizes.

danleft1 likes this.
  25. mot

mot New member

Local Time:
    All the answers sure give you a lot to think about. I did not have any of these problems but I did wear a base ring alone for 6 months before ordering JB. And I found after a few weeks my body no longer tried to have nocturnal erections. I am now at where I could reduce the base ring diameter. If things don't work out could you give your device's dimensions just as you ordered from MM. Someone on this site would buy it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice