Warning! Buying goods from the US!

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by petevans, Sep 21, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. petevans

petevans Member

South Wales
    Local Time:
    5:56 AM
    Hi

Not sure where to post this so shoot me if I've misplaced it.I have been waiting patiently for some items I ordered from 'Extreme Restraints' on the 8th Sept.

Anyway this morning I get card off my postman saying there's an item to be collected (@ local sorting office) but with a £12.15 fee to pay (Customs charge). So buyer beware - not sure if anyone has experienced this before or with say Lori tubes. So combined an already not an inexpensive purchase has become - very expensive.

Have a good day!
    Pete

2. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    12:56 AM
    That dosent surprise Me, and is why I do not buy anything from the UK or anywhere else overseas. There is absolutly no freakin excuse for the postal services to be charging so damn much for shipping overseas.
    Crazy business.

Mistress Michelle

3. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    6:56 AM
    This is pretty common when ordering in items from abroad. Sometimes you may be lucky and not get a customs charge, Other times though you wont be so lucky and will have to pay it.

I remember having to pay around £20 or £30 odd for our Lori device in customs charge, simply because of its weight.

You will find that most sites (ebay for example) will always say that the customer needs to be aware, and pay if needed, the customs charge.

4. Lock Up Male

Lock Up Male Permanently Collared

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The crazy thing is this, I only ever have this issue with the US. when i import from hong kong or anywhere else customs don't seem to give a shit and the item gets though. Gifts coming from the US is fine but Goods ALWAYS get picked up from the states. Dunno what items you have ordered so dunno about the final value of the goods but a trick you can do if you have someone trusted in the states is get the items delievered to them and have them sent the items to you as a "gift". But depending on the value the "custom duty" is normally worth paying over the hassle sending the items to a friend then get them to forward it on to you.

5. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I order loads from the States and always factor in customs duty.

Most sites do point this out. Extreme Restraints do comment in their shipping info that some packages may be delayed and attract customs fees.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice